Status: Finished.

Your Melody Sounds As Sweet As the First Time It Was Sung

Charlotte.

I hate my heart. I really do. This whole love thing has ruined me, and being the selfish bitch that I am I had to go ahead and drag everyone else down with me. I hate it. A lot of the time I hate myself. You’ll probably hate me too after reading this. I, Charlotte Raine Miller, did the most wretched, forbidden mistake; I fell in love with my best friend. Yeah yeah yeah, you think you’ve heard my story a million times over. But my story doesn’t have the fairytale happy ending. In all those other stories the girl tells the guy that she loves him and he reveals that he’s always been in love with her and the two drive off into the sunset to live their happy little utopia life. I wish. When I had the guts to tell Brendon Boyd Urie how I really felt about him… well, I guess you’ll see for yourself how it played out.

But you know the very worst thing about love? You can lose it as quickly as you found it. It can disappear, slip through your fingers like smoke and reappear in a different form when you least expect it. My heart is very good at this disappearing act. It should be a magician.

I am Charlie Miller, and this is my story.

Brendon.

Have you ever had that feeling of just watching your last chance pass you by? Like the boat is leaving, and if you try to jump aboard now you’ll just fall in the water? I have. And I don’t recommend it. I screwed up. I screwed up big time. And now I have to live with the consequences every day of my life. My story doesn’t have a happy ending. My story is sad. I try to convince myself that I write my life as a sin rather than a tragedy, thanks to Ryan for that analogy, but I think it’s obvious that mine could easily be described as both. So if you like stories with sweet, romantic endings, I suggest you go find some alternate world where everyone is happy. Give me the address, but knowing me I’ll die in a car crash half way there.

I am Brendon Urie, and this is my mistake.

***

WARNING: Time jumps galore. The timing is really weird in this story. Sometimes there's a year in between chapters, other times it's only hours.

Title from Panic[!] at the Disco's 'Folkin' Around'.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any famous names. I don't own any of the character pictures nor who they depict.Unfortunately. I do, however, own the plotline and the personalities of the characters.
  1. Chapter One
    "In everything I do, I’m trying my best to make him proud."
  2. Chapter Two
    "Unfortunately, my people skills weren’t as developed."
  3. Chapter Three
    "Yay. One point for Charlotte."
  4. Chapter Four
    "That kid is dangerous with a bunsen burner."
  5. Chapter Five
    "After a long time I decided that fate actually did exist and just hated me."
  6. Chapter Six
    “I’m falling for you, and I’ve never been more scared in my entire life.”
  7. Chapter Seven
    “Do you still love me?”
  8. Chapter Eight
    "I could taste the hysteria on his tongue."
  9. Chapter Nine
    "I’m gonna call you Chardonnay anyway…”
  10. Chapter Ten
    "I think he needs to talk to his BFFL."
  11. Chapter Eleven
    "I’d rather come home to angry lions..."
  12. Chapter Twelve
    "The world changes, and we just have to move along with it."
  13. Chapter Thirteen
    “Stop reading my mind.”
  14. Chapter Fourteen
    "You’re supposed to be forgetting him, not pining over him!"
  15. Chapter Fifteen
    “Don’t be such a diva.”
  16. Chapter Sixteen
    "I felt like a chopped up onion."
  17. Chapter Seventeen
    "How pathetic is that? Lost in my own city."
  18. Chaper Eighteen
    "You mean apart from dignity, confidence, friendships and hopes?"
  19. Chapter Nineteen
    "Never even crossed my mind."
  20. Chapter Twenty
    "May I have this dance?"
  21. Chapter Twenty-One
    "Surprisingly, it didn't take so much effort to hold back the memories that I knew would hurt me to think about."
  22. Chapter Twenty-Two
    "He finds out [b]everything[/b]."
  23. Chapter Twenty-Three
    "I personally have nothing against drinking after twelve."
  24. Chapter Twenty-Four
    "Left me in a whirlwind of confusion for days."
  25. Chapter Twenty-Five
    "The butterflies she usually gave me were absent tonight."
  26. Chapter Twenty-Six
    "How could I possibly be so completely stupid and idiotic as to not check the name of the band?"
  27. Chapter Twenty-Seven
    "She'd never smiled at me like that."
  28. Chapter Twenty-Eight
    "Futures that I shouldn’t be thinking of or wishing for."
  29. Chapter Twenty-Nine
    “Charlotte Raine Miller… I’m in love with you.”