‹ Prequel: Tornado

Flood

Spencer

--Mature Content--

Charlie fell asleep with her head on my shoulder. It had been a long week for her, I was sure. I was glad to hear Turner was in jail permanently but I still worried about her. People escaped from prisons quite a few times. There were many stories of that happening.

Charlie shifted a little so her head was on my chest and I winced a little but I didn’t want to wake her up. I decided that, for now, I would do my best to put those fears behind me. They wouldn’t do me any good. They wouldn’t do her any good, either.

She didn’t wake up until shortly after six. She shifted a little and yawned. I smiled down at her and she returned it sleepily.

“I wasn’t out for too long, was I?”

I chuckled. “That depends on your definition of ‘too long’.”

She looked at the clock and groaned. “I’m never going to be able to sleep tonight.”

I laughed and sat up. “Are you hungry?”

“What a silly question. Of course I’m hungry.”

Smiling, I helped her up and grabbed my keys. My dad had been called to the hospital and my mom was at the restaurant.

“Do you want to go to The Southern Belles or somewhere else?” I asked.

She shrugged, holding my hand once the car was started. “Let’s go The Southern Belles. If that’s okay with you,” she added.

“Sure. It’s been a while since I went there as a customer.”

“What debt were you paying off?” she asked and I grimaced.

“I got some traffic tickets,” I answered.

“Ouch.”

“Yeah, they weren’t very happy.”

We got out and got a table by the window. I saw quite a few of our classmates staring at us and I knew that, once Monday came around, half the school would know that Spencer Vance and Charlotte Brown were dating. As we ordered our food, though, and talked about art, I realized I didn’t care. She was my girlfriend and I was ecstatic.

“You’ll have to come see my new sketch, by the way,” she said halfway through our meal.

I nodded. “Sure. I have my art supplies in my car still so we can work on our project.”

“What’s your recent sketch?”

I got my card out and smiled at Lisa. “Can you ask my mom if there are some… discarded desserts?”

“You’re such a moocher,” Lisa laughed and walked off.

“Discarded desserts?” Charlie repeated.

I chuckled. “Sometimes people order desserts only to realize they’re not hungry enough. Usually the employees eat them once we close down. It’s either that or throw them away.”

Sure enough, Lisa returned with my card and two slices of chocolate cake.

“Eduardo makes the best chocolate cake,” I said as we each got a forkful.

She ate a piece and her eyes widened. “Holy shit.”

I laughed. “I haven’t heard you swear before.”

She laughed, too. “That’s because you haven’t spent enough time around me.”

“Well, that will be changing pretty soon, now won’t it?” I winked and fed her a piece of cake off my fork.

-

When we got to her dorm room, she turned the overhead light on.

“Normally I don’t,” she said. “Having it off gets me in the mood to draw.”

I rolled my eyes. “So turn it off, you dork,” I said and flicked the switch.

“But how will you see?”

“You have enough room on your desk,” I shrugged and looked around.

I tested the sturdiness of her hamper and pulled it over.

“If you break that, you’re buying me a new one.”

I gasped. “Are you calling me fat?”

“Well, you did just eat a huge piece of chocolate cake.”

“Oh, shut up. Let’s sketch.”

She giggled and got her drawings out from her desk drawer. She showed her most recent one which really hit my heart. It was a smashed beer bottle. The top half and the bottom half were still connected by a small piece of glass. The bottom half was overflowing with water but the top half had a sun drawn into it.

I looked up to give her my opinion but she was already sketching her fourth picture. That’s when I realized she didn’t need my opinion. She already knew how wonderful it was. I smiled and set it to the side, getting my sketch book out, too.

I was working on a bowl. It was a progressive picture. I hadn’t done a progressive picture in a while so it took a lot of erasing and crumbling up of paper. Around the fifth time, though, it started coming together. I started with a bowl. Then, in a different color, I drew the bowl again but it was elevated and to the right a bit. I kept this up until I got to the last bowl. Then, on the last bowl, I had water pouring until it down to the first bowl I had made.

I was trying to think of what to have the water pour out onto but that took forever. I scratched my head with the eraser of my pencil and nibbled on my lower lip. I closed my eyes and the first thing I saw was Amy’s face.

That was my answer. I started drawing a coffin with the top open. I couldn’t do anymore and quickly put it away to start on my final drawing. I took a minute to collect my thoughts, though.

I looked over at Charlie’s drawing. I couldn’t make out what it was yet but she had said she was going for an abstract approach. I stood up and stretched.

“What’re you doing?” she asked.

“Just stretching,” I sighed. “That’s one thing my aunt always made clear to me: every 15 minutes. Of course, I usually just start when I’m done with my picture but, I get it done.”

She stood up and arched her back. “I never thought about that,” she said and rotated her neck.

I cringed when it popped several times and she chuckled, rubbing it with a pained look on her face.

“Here,” I said and went behind her.

I began at the base of her neck. She gasped in pain.

“I know it hurts,” I said. “Just give it some time.”

“It better get better or I’m going to have to punch you in the face.”

I chuckled and worked in circles. Her muscles began to relax and she let out a long sigh. About five minutes later, I felt the knots loosen up.

“There you go,” I said cheerfully and she smiled up at me.

I brushed hair from her face and she stepped closer. I leaned down and kissed her gently. When I went to pull back, though, she held me in place by grabbing my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her waist and deepened the kiss. I licked her lower lip and she immediately obliged. Her hand slid up into my hair and I pressed my body to hers, ignoring the pain from the pressure put on my bruises.

Her other hand ran gently over my chest and my breath quickened. I ran one of my hands down slowly until I cupped her butt, waiting for a slap that never came. Instead, she gasped a little and I kissed her neck, sucking at her collarbone. She moaned and started dragging me to her bed.

I was caught up in the moment and climbed on top of her. She lifted her shirt over her head and I groaned at the sight of her bra covered breasts. I quickly unclasped the purpled bra and tossed it aside. She gasped as I bit down on her nipple. She moaned and started to unbutton my pants.

She hooked her leg around me and moved so she was on top. She kissed me fervently and I gripped her breasts, moaning as her hands pushed my pants and boxers off. She broke from the kiss and slowly kissed down my body. I closed my eyes and kept a hand in her hair as she stopped at my belly button. She took my erection in her hand and I whimpered in desire.

When she did nothing more, I got frustrated and switched positions again. She was panting and smirking at me. Her eyes were half closed and full of heat. I quickly took her pants and underwear off. It was my turn to tease as I kissed slowly down her stomach. I pushed her legs apart and kissed her thighs. She pulled at my hair and I knew I was going to lose it soon.

Then I remembered I didn’t have a condom. Panting, I looked up at her but she scrambled to her dresser and opened the top drawer. She kissed me deeply and I heard a ripping noise. I smirked at her as she broke from the kiss and started sucking on my neck as she slipped the condom onto my erection.

Finally, unable to take it any longer, I forced her onto her back. I ran my hands up and down her sides, teasing her until her hips bucked. I bit her earlobe gently and she groaned.

“You better hurry or I’ll take matters into my hands,” she breathed and I sucked on her neck as I slid into her.

She moaned deeply, running her hands down my back and back up into my hair. I groaned, enjoying the way she felt as I went slowly. She grabbed my hips, making me move faster, and I obeyed immediately. I bit down hard on her breast and she cried out in shock and pleasure.

She came first, her chest pressed against mine and her nails digging into back. I followed soon after and collapsed on top of her. We lay panting for several minutes. Her breath was hot on my neck and I groaned. I took the condom off and hurried into the bathroom that came with her dorm room, barely thinking about how expensive this had cost.

I climbed back into bed with her and pulled the blankets over us. She rested her head on my chest.

“You won’t regret that, will you?” I whispered finally.

She kissed my chest.

“No, Spencer.”

“Good,” I said. “Even though I just asked you out, I…. Well….”

She smiled and kissed my lips, sparing me. I ran my thumb across her cheek.

“You don’t regret it, do you?” she asked and I smiled down at her.

“Never.”