Status: sort of slash but did you really know?

Heartbeat Melody

comfortable and calculated

The room surrounding them was dark, aside from the bits of light that found their way through the blinds, creating small shapes on the wood floor. The air around them felt heavy, the summer air seeping in through the walls, but they kept the blanket over them, hiding beneath it the intertwined legs and socks that he refused to take off when he went to bed.

They were both on their backs, shoulder to shoulder, eyes facing upwards. The fan above them circled lazily and their eyes followed it, around and around, neither of them moving. Until an arm moved, slowly, careful not to disturb anything in its path, brushing against the one beside. Lips twitched upwards, curving into a smile, and the fingers looped around each other, palm to palm, squeezing tightly.

Bodies moved closer to each other, always slowly, always carefully, not wanting to disturb the world around them. The silence that encompassed them was only cut by the sound of the lazy fan, gears grinding together, creaking as if it was wanting to give up. The sun was shifting outside the window, the light dancing across the wall, matching his movements as he rolled over, eyes looking into each other, lips trying to hide the happiness that was bubbling up inside of them.

Their bodies were close now, legs still strung together, not knowing where one ended and the other began. Chest to shoulder now, their eyes still connected, each one refusing to look away, only losing contact for a second between blinks. Lip between teeth he stared, nose scrunching up, trying to make the other look away so he could win.

A car drove past, the sound of its engine rumbling through the small room, reminding them of their place on Earth, that they were, in fact, still on the planet. The gravel beneath the tires echoed across their walls and their eyes broke apart, each going to a different corner of the room as they tried to follow the sound.

Bodies shifted, the springs underneath them shifting under the weight, shoulder, head, head now connected, skulls stacking on top of each other like uneven building blocks. Their breathing was uneven, each inhale and exhale sounding ragged, not quite sure who should breathe in or out first. Their heartbeats were synchronized, lub dub, something they both noticed as they listened to the melodies that their bodies were producing.

Palm to palm, hands still tightly laced within one another, the creaking of the movement, lips were on lips now. Lightly at first, tentative in how they would fit, movements careful and calculated.

Hands to hair, fingers becoming tangled as they move deeper, closer, sloppier.

Chest to chest, hip to hip, not knowing where one body ends and the other begins. Blankets tangled around limbs, the heavy air pressing down on them as they move, begging to be felt by two people who can only feel each other. Light dancing across the walls, emulating their passion, as they fall deeper and deeper into each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
it kind of just happened, tbh