Status: PG-13 for language and mature content

Give It a Try

Too Far

I woke up in Artemis’s arms. His body was still warm from the fever and I’m sure mine was, too. He had shed his shirt somewhere during the night and I nibbled my lower lip. He was snoring so I decided to just take a peek.

Holy crap. He was ripped. Mike was definitely doing a good job at getting him into shape. Not only could I see his abs, each muscle was toned and defined. I wanted to touch him but I also didn’t want to wake him up. The last thing I wanted him to see was me gawking at his body. I felt the familiar warmth and sighed gently.

The feel of my breath on his body made him stir. He snorted then woke with a jerk. I smiled at him.

“Did you know you snore in your sleep?” I teased as he rubbed his eyes.

“Yeah, well you talk, so there.”

I laughed. “I do not.”

“Yes you do,” he said seriously.

“What did I say?”

He pulled me close and whispered in my ear. “You told me how much you love me and how much you wished I would whisk you away.”

I rolled my eyes and shoved him. “Don’t flatter yourself, Mr. Kilgore.

He laughed. “What time is it?”

I looked at his clock. “A little after 9 in the morning.”

He sighed. “Time to take our medicine.” I wrinkled my nose in disgust but we sat up anyway. “You might want to put this on, by the way.”

I frowned at my tank top. When did that come off? I must have taken it off because I got too hot, too. I looked down and squealed, hiding my breasts. He was laughing.

“You jerk!” I cried.

“Don’t worry,” he said, coming back over with our medicine once I had pulled my tank top on. “I didn’t stare. I may have had… a peek, but I didn’t stare.”

“Oh, you’re such a jerk,” I groaned.

He snorted. “You should see the look on your face.”

“Shut up,” I snapped.

“Let’s go downstairs. I want to show you something that’ll help the time go by quicker.”

“Is everything okay?” Evelyn asked when we got downstairs. “I heard Deidre screamed.”

“She’s fine,” Artemis said with a wink.

“Shut up,” I repeated. Evelyn looked confused. “Where’s the thermometer?”

She handed it to me and I took mine first. It had gone from 100 down to…

“Yes!” I cried. “I’m at 98.9! Just .3 more and I’ll be normal.”

“You will never be normal,” Artemis said, plugging something into the TV.

I passed the thermometer to him. Evelyn dropped off some crackers and water for us before leaving. His had dropped, too, but he was still up at 99.2.

“Aw,” I simpered. “Is little Artemis still sick?”

“Here,” he said, passing a controller to me and pulling me to the couch.

“What is it?”

“It’s a PlayStation 3 controller,” he explained.

“PlayStation 3?”

He turned the TV on and pressed a different button. “It’s something you can play games on.”

“Like the games on Facebook?”

“Oh no. These are much better. I have Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in there right now. I figured I’d give you an easy one since you’re a noob.”

“A what?” I laughed.

“Eh, don’t worry about it.”

He put a blanket on our laps and put his arm around my shoulder. Without thinking about it, I leaned into him. The game started up. At first it seemed like a trailer for a movie. It was impressive. Then I got to create a character.

“This part is important,” he said.

“Why? It’s just what my dude looks like, right?”

He laughed. “Yes but you also have to decide what skills your ‘dude’ has.”

“This sounds complicated….”

“It’s not. I promise. I’ll walk you through it.”

We spent nearly an hour building my character until she was just what I wanted her to be. He got comfortable, propping his feet on the coffee table, while I played. I really got drawn into the plot and I picked up on the controls easily. As I snuck through the sewers, Artemis made a sound of approval.

“You’re a natural, my dear.”

I smiled but didn’t say anything, aiming an arrow at a goblin. It shot through its head.

“Boom!” I yelled and he chuckled. His phone rang and he sighed at the caller. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s Julia.” My character fell down a set of stairs, injuring her slightly. “Don’t worry; I’m not going to answer.”

He put it down.

“Why is she calling you?” I whispered, healing my character.

“Because she can’t take a hint.” His phone rang again but he ignored it. “She kept calling when you were gone, too.”

I looked down, losing interest in the game, until he leaned over and kissed my lips gently. I leaned into his kiss, the controller slipping to the floor. His arm tightened over my shoulder and I bit down gently on his lower lip. He quickly opened his mouth, this other hand gripping my right hip tightly. He squeezed gently and I put one hand on his chest. He hadn’t put a shirt back on and I could feel the muscles tighten under his skin.

His kisses became a little more desperate. I wasn’t as close as I wanted so I straddled him. He hesitated, clearly shocked by my actions. I kissed his jaw and down to his neck. He was breathing heavily and gasped when I bit gently on his earlobe. His hand gripped my breast and he moaned, forcing my face back to his. He didn’t even wait for it to build, he immediately pushed his tongue into my mouth. His hand continued to massage my breast and I pressed my lower half on his arousal.

“Oh shit,” he panted as I broke away again to kiss the base of his throat.

I was getting carried away but feeling his body tense then relax with each kiss was extremely satisfying. I began to grind my hips on him when he made me stop.

“No,” he said, breathing heavily.

“Sorry,” I cried, scrambling to my feet, my face flaming. “I- I don’t know what came over me. I just-”

He took my hand and pulled me back down beside him, picking the controller up off the floor. He kissed my temple and put his arm around me again. My body was tense and my hands were shaking as I held the controller.

“It’s okay,” he muttered into my hair. “You warned me that would happen, remember?”

“Doesn’t make me feel any better about it,” I mumbled.

He put the blanket back over us and leaned his head against mine.

“Don’t feel guilty,” he said. “Just play the game, all right?”

“But-”

“Hush,” he ordered gently. “There will be a time for that to happen but now isn’t the right time.”

I bit my lower lip. “You’re not mad at me?”

“Of course not. Why would I be?”

I shifted, pulling my legs underneath me. “You know why,” I whispered and he sighed.

He kissed my head. “I’m not him, Deidre. I just want to wait, that’s all. Look at me,” he added when I lowered my head. I obeyed reluctantly. He caressed my cheek. “I’m not mad, I don’t think any less of you, and I definitely don’t think you should feel embarrassed. Okay?”

I took a deep breath. “Okay.”

“Now keep playing. I wanna see you kick ass in the arena.”