Status: PG-13 for language and mature content

Give It a Try

Christmas Gifts

The party guests were surprisingly open to my stories. They didn’t treat me any differently. In fact, they praised me and my mom for surviving in such harsh environments. We skated around the subject of my father, though. Opal asked about him and I gave a vague answer that clearly gave the hint.

Evelyn passed around party favors. In each bag was a handful of candy, special ornaments, and a specialized name tag to where at work. For me and Larry she had made one for the coffee shop. The party ended around midnight so they could get back to their families and began preparing for Santa for those with children.

Meanwhile, we started putting our gifts under the tree. I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to see the looks on their faces; especially my mom’s.

I felt like a kid again, back when I believed in Santa. I always got the best gifts because of what I had to do to my father. It was his way of apologizing though he would always do it again. I remember making cookies, setting out milk, and some carrots for the reindeer. I smiled up at the roof of my room. One day, Artemis and I would get to do that with our children.

As if he could sense I was thinking about him, Artemis snuck in. He closed the door quietly and I smiled. He got into bed next to me and snuggled up.

“I miss having you next to me,” he whispered and I smiled. “You’re wide awake, aren’t you?”

“Like I said, it’s the first I’ve had in 10 years. I can’t wait to see their faces!”

“What’d you get me?”

“You’ll just have to wait,” I said.

He stuck his tongue out at me and I bit it. He made a noise of surprise and smirked.

“Do you know how sexy that just was?” he breathed into my ear.

“Of course I do,” I whispered back. “That’s why I did it.”

He made small circles on my back. “If our mothers weren’t here, I’d have to act on that, my dear.”

I smirked at him and slid my hand down his chest and past his stomach. His eyes shut tightly and went under his boxers. He groaned and kissed me as I took him in my hand. His breath was hot on my neck and licked from my collarbone up to my ear.

“Let me return the favor,” he groaned as I moved slowly. “Please.”

“Okay,” I breathed.

I stopped and he cupped my breast, kissing it through my tank top and ran his hand to my stomach. He traced his finger around my belly button and I gasped. He kissed me and continued down under my underwear. I whimpered, part of pleasure part of fear.

“It’s okay,” he whispered, slowly rubbing my clit. “It’s me, Artemis Kilgore.”

I moaned as he slid his finger into me. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying out as he entered a second finger. His free hand took my shirt and bra off impatiently. His mouth sucked on my left breast and I put my hand in his hair. Unlike with my father, this felt different. It felt good. My hips moved with his fingers but he stopped me.

While I came, he kept his fingers going fast until my high slowly went away. I pulled his face to mine and kissed him passionately. It was past midnight now.

“Merry Christmas,” I breathed into his lip, still panting slightly.

“Merry Christmas to you, too.”

-

My mom pounded on my bedroom door, waking us both up.

“Time to wake up, sleepy heads! It’s Christmas!”

I chuckled and sat up, stretching. Artemis smiled at the sight of me topless and I shoved him so hard he fell out of the bed. He laughed as I changed into different pajamas. I jogged down the stairs, excited to start the gift opening.

Each year for Christmas, my mom and I would try to splurge on special gifts for one another. It was mostly gift cards to one of our favorite places to shop or eat. Now, though, she would get a proper gift.

Evelyn went all out on gifts for me and my mother. I got some more clothes – most of them for when the cooler weather comes. I also got shoes and some earrings. She also got me all the Imagine Dragons CDs and I couldn’t wait to start listening to them as soon as possible.

My mother also received more clothes and shoes. I watched anxiously as she opened my gift. When she lifted the lid of the box, she let out a gasp and threw her arms around me.

“They’re gorgeous!” she cried. “I know how you’ve felt about fake diamonds but-”

“They’re real, Mama,” I smiled and her eyes filled with tears.

She had gotten me a scarf she had made herself and I adored it. Then it came the time for me and Artemis to exchange gifts.

“Me first,” I breathed, handing it to him.

He opened it and laughed. “Thank you, sweetheart,” he said and kissed me deeply.

It was a sort of computer I found online. The monitor swiveled so that he could use it to write on with something called a ‘stylus’.

“I know it’s nothing fancy but I wasn’t sure what else to get you,” I admitted, rubbing my neck.

“It’s perfect.” He reached under the tree and held out a long box much like the one I had given my mother. “Here you go.”

I tore off the wrapping paper. The box had the word “Tiffany’s” on it and I wondered if he got it when we were there.

I opened it and gasped. It was the necklace I had liked the day we got my mother’s necklace and earrings.

“You weren’t the only one who saw it,” he said and I threw my arms around his neck.

He laughed as I kissed him. I showed my mother.

“That is beautiful,” she said. “Where did you find it?”

“Tiffany’s,” I answered. “He must have gotten it the same day I got yours. Sneaky,” I added, nudging him.

“We’ve all been invited to Larry’s New Year’s Eve party, by the way,” Evelyn announced as we cleaned up all the wrapping paper. “What do you guys think?”

“I think it sounds like fun! And I can wear my new necklace!” I added, kissing Artemis on the cheek.

“It would be wonderful,” my mother agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come tomorrow.