A New Dawn

Just Leave Me Alone

.:.Still 4 years ago.:.

A few days had passed after my attack, I was beginning to feel ok. My face was healing rather quickly and I made a mental note to never go walking at night ever again by myself. The passing of my grandmother still haunted me but I could actually think about her now and smile rather than break down. Today was supposed to be my day off but Alex phoned earlier asking if I could cover his shift to go out on a date. Alex seemed to become more of a friend to me, we spoke all the time it was actually uplifting just to be able to talk to someone.

But living alone now I was really trying to find something better in the work field. This house was paid for but I really do need a vehicle and working on a Sonic salary isn't going to pay for that or the insurance that goes along with it.

"Rae!" Maggie sang as I walked in.

"That's the sweet sound of someone about to clock out." I smiled punching my card.

"Yes you are in, and I am out. Karmen should be on her way back any second now she had to go home and change her shirt."

"Alrighty then that's fine. I'll be alright. Have a good night."

"You too!" She chirped quickly leaving.

"Hey Fernando!" I waved at our cook.

"Hola!"

Really thankful for the fact that our store closes at midnight rather than some that stay open 24 hours. I served a few people before Karmen came back, I could already tell this was going to be boring night.

"Girl you need to get laid." Karmen blurted out from a random silence.

"Excuse me?" I laughed.

"You are so mopey and sad! Like you live by yourself and all you do is come to work and go home. You don't do anything at all. You need some dick in your life."

"What if I like being by myself?"

"Girl no one likes to be by themselves all of the time."

"Oh i'll have to get back to you, I have a customer!" I quickly ran to the mic. "Welcome to sonic how may I help you?"

"Yeah let me get a breakfast burrito, with tater tots and a cheeseburger." The customer ordered.

"Ok, $11.14. I'll bring it right out." By the time I put my skates on the food was ready.

"Hey lil' mama aint seen you in a while." Javien smiled as I rolled up.

"Who the fuck is this white bitch?" Some girl rose up in the passenger seat to look at me.

"Shut up bitch this my girl. You aint my girl so you have no business speaking to her."

"Uhh I'm not your girl. Here's your food." I said before turning and rolling back.

"Girl that's Javien Matos! God he is so fine." Karmen fanned herself.

"Seriously? He seems full of himself."

"Rae you just don't know! He is the most feared man around! Whatever you need he has it. He's never had a girlfriend, he has never committed hisself to anyone but I would just love to have one night with him."

"Oh my goodness."

"You one of them girls who has only messed around with her own kind huh?"

"I have had relationships but never anything physical with anyone but one other guy."

"And he was white." Karmen laughed.

"Ok that doesn't mean anything I just haven't found anyone interesting."

"Well he is half dominican and half black girl so there you go."

"Wait, who said anything about messing around with this man?"

"Rae that man comes here every day. As much as I wish it was for me, he comes to see if you working."

"That's a little creepy, considering I've only talked to him twice."

"You must got something he wants snow bunny."

So that's what I dealt with for the rest of the evening. I learned to not take any extra shifts ever again since that's what I was going to go through. Fernando and I locked up and went our separate ways. I began my 3 mile journey home on foot.

"Beautiful." Javien called driving like 2 miles an hour to keep up with my pace.

"What creeper?"

"Let me take you home."

"I can walk thank you."

"Goodness girl stop being so stubborn and get in."

"I like to walk."

"Ok we'll walk." He said parking his car and getting out. Someone popped out of the back seat and drove off.

"Are you serious right now?" I laughed.

"Yes. Girl it is after midnight and you walking home alone. That just doesn't fly with me."

"You better not let your girlfriend see you walking with me."

"I don't have a girlfriend, I have bitches. There's a difference."

"And that's how you refer to women?"

"That's how I refer to ho's."

"How would you refer to me?"

"Rae, my girl."

"You're hilarious. I am not your girl."

"Maybe not right now but I see you belonging to me someday."

"I'm not an animal. I don't belong to anyone."

"You are so serious. Chill out. I am a man who always gets what he wants. I might want you."

"Well that was a nice sales pitch but I'm fine by myself."

"Girl you are miserable. You need a man who can take care of you and spoil you with everything you want and deserve."

"And you plan on doing all of those things?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Ok well let me tell you right now. I am not interested. I am fine being by myself, I am happy. I appreciate what you did for me I really do but that doesn't mean I'm going to forever owe you with my life and we live happily ever after." I said rather coldly.

"Just give me the opportunity to take you out. Next Saturday morning I will come pick you up at 8 on the button. I'm going to show you just how you deserve to be treated. No fronting, or tricks. Just you and I with no interruptions. I want you to keep an open mind and just trust in me. I don't want any attitude or pessimism either girl. Can I have just that? I'm not asking you to marry me, If you don't have fun and still aren't interested then I'll never bother you again."

"Fine. Make it 8:30." I smirked before walking up to my door. "Just be yourself."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was was very short, but hopefully they'll get longer. To many ideas floating through my mind right now on how to get this story to go so just bare with me :)