A New Dawn

Tragedy Of Life

.:.Authors p.o.v.:.

Later on that morning Javien was woken by a very frantic phone call.

"Hello?" He answered still half asleep.

"Boss! It's bad! Ernesto's been pinched!" Marcello, one of Javiens look outs informed.

Ernesto is one of the dealers.

"Can we trust him to keep his mouth shut?" Javien sat up, getting more serious.

Rae was awake but turned away from him with her eyes tightly shut to seem like she was still asleep.

"I'm not sure boss. He's one of the new dealers Paolo hired."

Paolo is Javien's partner. He has a few people who sells Cocaine on the side for extra money while Javien finds the high rolling buyers him.

"Bail him out." A more calm tone was used. "Fuck." He whispered mentally ranting and raving. He quietly got up out of bed and went to get ready.

Rae just stayed in bed. She wasn't going to mention anything about the day he had promised her. He seemed on edge anyways and didn't want to overwhelm him anymore than he already was. The back and stomach pains were coming back. She figured it was just her period trying to come on so she pretended to still be asleep when Javien came out of the bathroom to get dressed. Although the discomfort on her face could still be read even if her eyes were closed.

"Baby." Javien called feeling her forehead.

"Hey." Rae smiled making it seem like he woke her up.

"Are you alright? You seem hot."

"Oh yeah. It's just about that time of the month so my body does crazy things. I don't mean to be gross." She joked sitting up.

"Well if that's all, I have to leave for a little while. But when I come back I promise Chinese food and a movie."

Rae got up out of bed and went to the bathroom. She really did look like someone hit her with a bus. Her summer tan was beginning to fade her eyes looked sunken and she seemed to have lost a little bit of weight. She shrugged off her pitiful feelings and hopped in the shower.

"Rae!" Dante shouted from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Yes?"

"Amelia cooked breakfast hurry up while it's still hot!"

"Ok, Be right out!"

Rae got out and went to get dressed. Hearing that food is prepared really puts some pep in your step. She was rummaging around for a pair of shorts when another pain struck her.

"What the hell?" She breathed getting annoyed with the cramping.

She went back to the bathroom to see if she at least had to poop or something and that's when she noticed something coming out of her. She had blood dripping down her legs. She quickly took her panties off to find thick balls of blood that almost looked like scoops of jelly. Not knowing what to do she tried to wipe it and look around for a tampon. She had blood all over the bathroom floor. She slipped and fell backwards into the tub pulling the shower curtain along with the curtain rod off the wall causing a huge crashing sound.

"Rae!?" Dante shouted from a distance running to her bedroom.

"Don't come in here!" She immediately shot back getting up to slam the door shut.

"What's going on?"

"Uh, nothing!"

"I'm coming in. Jesus! What happened?" Dante shrieked pulling Rae up to see if she was cut.

"I don't know." She began to wail. "I can't stop bleeding!"

"Come on we're going to the hospital." He stated grabbing a towel to wrap around her lower self and carried her out to his truck.

He tried calling Javien but he wouldn't answer. But as soon as they were 10 minutes out, Javien returned back home to get his phone that he had left in the bedroom.

"What the fuck!? Rae!" He screamed noticing the bloody mess in the bathroom.

Javien ran like a mad man all around the house. He pulled the gun out that was strapped at his waist and went hunting. He made it to the other side of the house where he seen one of the house keepers Matilda.

"Señor Javien! Señor Dante took Señora Rae to the hospital. We tried calling you she was bleeding very bad." Matilda was blubbering trying to explain what had happened.

Javien quickly ran out the house and sped off in his car.

Dante pulled right up to the front doors and ran Rae right up to the front desk.

"My friend is bleeding very heavily in her Vaginal area, she's lost consciousness a few times on the way over here she needs to be seen immediately." Dante explained.

"Ok, is she pregnant?" The nurse asked as they wheeled Rae down to an available room.

"I'm not sure. Rae are you pregnant?"

"Of course not. I mean I was only a few days late for my period."

The nurse got her in a room and began hooking her up with IV's and an oxygen monitor. They drew several tubes of blood and sent that out with another nurse. They hooked up a catheter to her to drain her urine for a sample. Dante left the room to try and call Javien again.

"Dante!" Javien shouted from the other end of the hallway running towards him. "What's going on where is she?"

"Man I don't know. This has all happened so fast, just go in there with her I've got to get this blood off of me."

"Baby."

"She's been sedated so she probably won't respond to you for a little while." The nurse spoke.

"What happened to her?"

"We're running tests right now. Are you her husband?"

"No i'm her boyfriend."

"Well we won't be able to disclose any of her medical information soley to you. When she wakes up we'll let her know what is going on and if she allows you to hear it then that'll be fine as well."

Three hours had passed before Rae finally woke up. Javien never left her side, no matter how many phone calls came ringing in.

"Javien? Where are we?" Rae spoke trying to fully wake up.

"We're in the hospital baby. Dante brought you here."

"Oh my god!" She shot up. "Am I still bleeding?" She checked herself.

"No, your bleeding stopped. I'll go get the doctor they wouldn't say anything unless you were awake."

"Ok." Rae sat there with severe anxiety. She couldn't possibly think of anything wrong with her. Was this just a really bad period? Her brain was running a mile a minute trying to diagnose herself in the few minutes it would take for the doctor to come in. Her heart monitor was beeping really fast she tried to control her breathing but she was really upset.

"Hello Rae, I'm Doctor Monroe." A female doctor greeted taking a seat beside her.

"Hello." Rae greeted with a half smile.

"Rae do you remember anything about what happened to you today?"

"I remember getting dressed and having really bad cramping and I began bleeding."

"How long has the cramping been going on?"

"About a week but yesterday and this morning was really painful."

"She also had a bit of a fever this morning as well." Javien added.

"When is your period due?"

"Well its usually anytime during the third week of every month. I would say it was supposed to start 4 or 5 days ago."

"I see. Well we ran a few blood tests and we also did a urinalysis. We discovered that you in fact had a miscarriage."

Both Rae and Javien's eyes grew big at the news.

"Miscarriage? But I didn't even know I was pregnant."

"Most people don't when this occurs. Since you were so early almost to early to tell you wouldn't of known."

"How did this happen? I mean was it something I did or could of prevented?"

"No, and you shouldn't ever think that. Its almost as if it's natures way of saying you're not quite ready yet to have a baby. Your egg was fertilized but it just didn't attach itself to the uterus therefore resulting in your miscarriage. But there is never a way of exactly pinpointing the culprit in miscarriages. It truthfully is something that just happens. One of six women experience a miscarriage and unfortunately you happened to be that one right now."

"Jesus. So the baby or whatever was part of the baby is gone now?"

"I'm afraid so. The amount of blood you've lost i'd say you've completely expelled the baby from your body." The doctor explained with saddened eyes.

"Thank you. I think I want to go back to sleep now."

"Your readings are fine, you may leave whenever you're ready. I'm so sorry."

"Rae." Javien started.

"Please, just don't say anything."

"Rae, this isn't your fault. You heard her, this happens everyday."

"Yes but not to me it doesn't. I just want to go home and go to bed."

The next month Rae was like a stone wall. She spoke a few words but didn't smile or want to do anything. She would go sit outside for a while and then go back to her room. Javien was really beginning to wonder if she would ever get back to being herself. He spent a lot of time and patience with her to try and make her as happy as possible but it wasn't working. Something really snapped in Rae's mind, like she was not a good enough person to have a child. Like God was punishing her for being with someone who killed people.

"Baby I've got to go for a few hours. But i'll be back this afternoon ok?"

"Ok."

"I really wish you would smile."

"I wish I wouldn't of killed our child."

"Baby you did nothing wrong. That just show's we aren't ready to be parents yet. We will have a family one day but right now the timing just isn't right. I've accepted that. You have to as well."

"Do you ever feel like maybe God is punishing you for killing people? You've taken lives so he took your child."

"Yes, I've often wondered that but I also got over that. You do too, you can't just waste away at this. Take this loss and strive from it. Now I love you. I will see you later on." He kissed her forehead before leaving.

Rae sat there and tried to give herself the energy she needed to get up and just be her normal self again. She got out of bed and put on some running clothes.

"Where are you going?" Dante asked.

"Goodness! You scared me. Don't you usually go with Javien?"

"Well he wanted me to stay here with you until he sees that you're back to your normal self again."

"I see. Well I'm working on myself. I'm going for a run."

"I'll go with you."

"You really don't need to go running with me I'm a big girl."

"I'm aware of this but Javien's orders are to have you watched over and I must watch over you at all times. Lets go."

"Alrighty then." Rae laughed at how ridiculous that sounded. Needing a body guard just to go for a run.

Rae and Dante went for a run while Javien was off taking care of other business.

"Javien please I promise to have your money by friday." A man who had borrowed a thousand dollars over a month ago was pleading.

"You said that last week when I came to you."

"But you keep raising the interest on it. I cannot keep up."

"I told you your risks when you borrowed from me. You said 'no problem' so I gave you your loan and now you cannot pay it back."

"But please you must believe me when I tell you i'll have it friday."

"Rico." Was all Javien said before turning and walking away while Rico, one of Javien's associates shot the man in his forehead.

"People will never learn." Javien sighed getting back into his truck and pulling away.