Status: Complete

Just My Luck

Oneshot

Just My Luck
John Oh Fanfic

Prompt: Could you write one where John is sort of having a really unlucky clumsy day and bad things keep happening to him, but then just as he like spills a drink on himself, he bumps into a pretty girl aka the love of his life.

John P.O.V.

To put it simply, today sucked. To start, this morning my alarm clock didn’t go off and I was two hours late to the recording studio, meaning we barely got anything done. Next, I got a flat tire on the way home, which I had to replace in 100 degree Arizona weather on the highway. Then, I discovered I forgot my house keys and had to climb into a window to get into my house where, in the process, I stepped on one of my roommate Tim’s dog Ruby’s toys causing me to trip and break a lamp. It was safe to say I was done doing things for the day.
I grabbed a glass and poured in some Jack Daniels, looking over at the clock which read 6:00pm. I sat on the couch and opened my book to relax, but the door slamming shut interrupted me.
“John, there you are. Garrett is having a party at his place for Falyn’s birthday. It’s supposed to be a surprise so we have to get there early. Come on, I’ll drive since you’ve clearly been drinking,” Tim chuckled, looking at the now almost empty glass in my hand.
“I really don’t feel like doing anything else today, Tim. I’m pretty sure I’m cursed considering the day I just had.”
“Come on, It’s for Falyn. You don’t even have to stay long. Garett expects all of us to be there.”
“Alright,” I sighed, defeated. “I guess I’ll go. But you’re the designated driver. I need another drink,” I said, getting up reluctantly and grabbing my black leather jacket before following Tim out the door.

“SURPRISE!”
Falyn was definitely surprised. She screamed loudly before hugging Garrett tightly and putting on the crown with “Birthday Girl” written on it that Ashley brought for her. I smiled before turning to go to the kitchen to get a refill on my drink. I only got a few feet with my fresh cup of beer before someone slammed into my side, knocking it all over me soaking my shirt.
“Shit!, Really?” I yelled, ready to chastise whoever just made this already horrible day even worse. When I looked up though, no words came out.
“Oh my god, I am so sorry! I’ll get you a towel right now! Sorry!” said the unknown girl in front of me. She was absolutely gorgeous. Her big brown eyes stared into mine with guilt as she tucked a piece of her chocolate hair behind her ear, embarrassed.
“Don’t worry about it-“ I started to say, but she had already grabbed my hand and was leading me back to the kitchen to get the towel.
“Here,” she said, grabbing the roll of paper towels and patting my shirt dry.
“I’ve got it,” I said, taking over. Having her hands on me was far too distracting. “I’m John, by the way.”
“Jane,” she said, smiling. “I’m so sorry again about bumping into you. I’m so clumsy sometimes.” She started to blush, turning her cheeks an adorable shade of pink.
“No problem, it happens,” I said smiling back at her. “I think I know how you can make it up to me though,” I said throwing away the now wet towel.
“Oh? How?” Jane said, looking confused.
“Let me take you out for dinner tomorrow,” I said crossing my fingers in my head hoping she’d say yes.
“I’d love to, John,” she smiled again, this time revealing a small dimple in the corner of her mouth.
I guess today didn’t suck too much after all.