Status: Not sure where this story came from in my head its a little random so stick with it till i figure it out lol

Dead Wings

The Beginning

I wasn’t a mistake to be brought on this earth and me staying around isn’t either. When it comes down to it, no one gives a half human and half non species a chance. I was one in a million but so was everyone else born on this planet. I wasn’t born on earth and I don’t plan on dying here either, but I was a youngster when I arrived and I vaguely remember life on planet Parallel. I mean that’s what they called it, and I grew up hearing about it.

Our kind never came here on a rocket like the legends fore told, we don’t know how we came here and we don’t know we will get back. My family were all humans; they knew about my past as I was adopted and they loved and cared for me as if I was their own. I was the only half-human who resigned in this town, and probably the only one on this planet.

My species was unknown, and even those on my planet never knew what I was. But I could swim. And I don’t mean like normal people do I mean like, I could swim for hours and I could breathe under water. I didn’t have gills like a fish, I didn’t have anything about me that was unhuman like but I could still do things that no normal human could. And I could fly too, but only in the night sky while everyone was asleep, I could also control my dreams and go into other peoples dreams. And also at night, if I wanted to I could transform into a dark fairy but I rarely did. And I didn’t eat like normal people did, I mean I could eat human food but I also fed on blood. Now, I know what you’re thinking. I’m not a vampire, and I don’t kill people honestly. It was mostly animals that I hunted for blood, unlike the full kind of my species who were violent and bloodthirsty.

“You’re not talking to yourself again are you Emily?” My mother stood at the door of my room with her hands on her hips.

Yes, my name was Emily. On this planet anyway, my name on my home planet (Or so I heard) was Star Gazer but they didn’t know that. I choose the name Emily because it reminded me of my favourite flowers, Lilies.

“No mother, I was on the phone and I just hung up.”

“Alright, well dinner is almost ready and I suggest you start washing up. Your father will be coming for dinner tonight with his fiancé and I need you to be on your best behaviour.”

“There’s no way you can be okay with this mother.” I knew she wasn’t, the divorce was hard on her and she presented it quite honestly.

“No, I’m not. But I need to be for your grandfather’s funeral tomorrow.”

Oh right, that’s why so many family members where gathering in town tonight including my father. My grandfather passed away last week from a stroke, at least that’s what the doctors are saying it was but I wasn’t too sure. I had a dream about it the night before, and then woke up to the news of his passing. He was tormented by something that I was unable to catch a glimpse of but I had believed that it was the true reason for his death.

He was my father’s dad but my mother had grown really close to him during the time of the divorce so the loss of him was devastating to her, and my father had moved away where he met his now fiancé and proposed after three weeks of knowing her. She only wanted my father for the money he made at his law firm; there was no doubt about that.

Ten minutes later I was sitting around our dining room table, munching on the pasta and meatballs my mother had prepared. The silence in the room was indeed awkward and pierced through me, I wanted to say something to break it but my father had done so first.

“So, for tomorrow I suggest we all take one vehicle. The ride out there is approximately two hours to the country side.” My father said clearing his throat.

“Alright, but were taking my van. Your truck makes me sick.” My mother snarled at him.

“Honestly? Grow up, just because you’re jealous I’m getting married and you’re still alone!” My father shot at her, and she had tears well up in her eyes.

“Now, now.” My father’s fiancé said taking a sip of her wine.

“You shut your mouth, whore.” My mother shot at her.

“STOP!” I screamed and the whole room went silent, I could feel anger raging inside of me and I held it back not wanting to unleash my true form.

“Emily! That was uncalled for.” My father said clearing his plate.

“You two constantly fighting is uncalled for! I’m going for a walk!” I declared scraping what was left of my dinner into my dogs bowl.

The night was a dead silence; I made my way through the forest to my usual hunting ground. I thought I was alone as I turned into my true form, but halfway through the transition I spotted someone staring at me off into the distance and quickly changed back.

“I saw that, and I know what you are.” The figure was cloaked and tall, I couldn’t see their face but judging by the voice they were male.

“Who are you?” I asked the figure. He kept his hands around the hood of his cloak and made his way towards me.

“I am what you are, only stronger.” He replied.

“How is that possible? I thought I was the only one here.”

The man sighed, “I thought I was the only one too, but I have been following you for some time now.” He reached to his hood and pulled it down; his skin was not like mine. It glowed a deep bronze and was covered in scales and his mouth was not human, he had fangs of which I only had when I turned. He took off the cape completely and revealed the black wings tethered to his back.

“You are half-fairy and part vampire, but unlike I you are mostly human.” Was he making this up? There was no way I could be part vampire, the fairy part I understood but vampire?

“But, how can that be true…don’t vampires feast on humans? I’ve only feasted on animals, small animals to be specific.”

“Not every vampire thirsts for human blood, I don’t either so were the lucky ones. I have a clan of part humans I’d like you to meet them too.”

“But wait, I thought you said you thought you were the only one.” Either he was lying to me or making some things up.

“I’m the only one like you; everyone else is either full vampire or has fairy parts in their blood as well. You are the youngest I have found so far, you are what 17?” He guessed placing a cold gloved hand on my shoulder.

“18, almost 19.” I replied shivering at his touch.

“Perfect, once you reach 19 you no longer age.” He told me.

“How is that perfect?” I was scared now, learning new things about myself that would cause fear in any normal person.

“You’ll see, but I need you to come with me.”

“I can’t I have a funeral to attend too tomorrow and I cannot miss it.”

“Right, fine. I’ll find you another day; we cannot let another day go by without you knowing your true powers.” He said disappearing into the night.

I stood shocked at all I just heard, but turned and ran towards my house opening the back door to hear shouting going on in the living room.

“So tell me the truth Richard, did you cheat on me with…her?” My mother accused pointing a finger at her.

“I’m not saying I did, I’m saying that she may or may not have been around while we were going through the divorce.”
“Get out! I’m not having you sleep here tonight, get a hotel or something and we’ll just meet you up there tomorrow.”

“Didn’t plan on staying here anyway.” My father said taking his fiancé’s hand and slamming the door on the way out. My mother sat on the couch and put her head in her hands, she was visibly upset.

“Mom, let’s go to bed. Long day tomorrow.” I said leading her upstairs.

After I tucked her into bed, I went to my own room and glanced into the mirror at myself and began to turn, the fangs shot out of my gums and my eyes went a deep red and shaped like a cats. I let out a low growl, looked at my awakened form. It wasn’t all that different than my human form, I mean despite the fangs and the eyes. I turned around and saw my wings start to form, they were usually a clear white but tonight they were transformed into a dark black. I stood shocked at my new transformation; it wasn’t what I usually became

I heard voices inside my head, voices telling me to discover myself and what I was. Who I was actually.

I didn’t sleep that night; I searched the internet for hours to learn more about my kind. All I had found out so far is that as heavenly as they seem fairies are also full of evil, and that evil was part of me.

‘Fairies, the bane of the supernatural world; pure evil and always a twisted fate for survival, rare kinds are also part vampire and contain human blood. Their true parents would have been a vampire and a fairy; which has been banned for centuries.’

I gasped in shock at what I just read, if that was true and that’s what I was then who were my real parents?

I suddenly heard a faint tap tap on my window; I brushed it off as the wind blowing the trees onto it and continued on my research. That is until a bone chilling message appeared on my computer screen that sent shivers down my spine.