Expensive Conversations

I

The night went on around us as I held you in my arms, breathing in the scent of you. This moment could last forever and I would remain just as giddy. Then again, I say that about all of you. Every. Single. One.

I long for this moment every second. I can taste your fear, smell your hatred, and feel your heart beating, slower and slower...until there's nothing left. These are the moments that I feel alive. Feeding my addiction, crossing you off my list, you're nothing but another notch in my belt, honey.
What can I say other than this; I simply cannot help myself. You're so fucking easy, all of you! Easy fucking targets. Like bugs to a streetlight, you find me as irresistable as I find my thirst. Is it my charm or my wit? I'll never know. All I've ever known is that the only thing I will ever have to do is sit next to you, and you'll become mine forever.

In this room, that I ever so graciously have built just for the two of us, I watch the moonlight catch your eyes through the small window; right as I trace my blade across your beautiful throat, severing the artery. The light in your eyes fades away and becomes roses across your chest. Your skin still warm, I hold your hand and lean into your ear, "You should have fucking listened."