Status: Complete, One-Shot

The Odd One Out

The Odd One Out

Standing alone,

Emotions bubble under your skin, flowing like liquid poison and feeling about the same, clawing to break free.

Wanting desperately for somebody to notice.

You hold back, just like you always have, afraid somebody will laugh or ignore you more than they already do.

All you want is to fit in, but you don’t know how.

You watch as people walk by with sad eyes, feeling as lost as anybody ever could.

Not knowing what to do, or what to say.

In the end when you open your mouth to say something, nothing comes out.

Instead, you just stand there, silent, mute.

People swarm by, in groups, laughing and making wild gestures.

Their voices catch and blow away in the wind, making them laugh harder.

You feel as if your voice has been swept away all together.

Words fill your head making it throb.

Alone, Sad, Scared, Dark, Grey, Fading, Drowning, Losing Myself, Nothing ,Ever, Alone, Alone, Alone.

People look over at you, not really seeing you and your eyes find something interesting to study on the ground.

Your barely there now, invisibility has taken you over, making you sink, making you blow away in the breeze until there is nothing left of you anymore.

Nobody notices you, not you, just the girl standing alone in the corner.

When you look up again nothing has changed, but when does it ever change?

The groups stop and talk, their tone is happy.

You watch them quietly, from your corner, wishing that you could be a part of that group but ever knowing what to say.

You are alone, just like before.

The Odd One Out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little something I had to write for English a while back. Thought that I might as well publish it. Feel free to tell me what you think.