Never Trust the Wolves

Run

The last memory I have of my mom was when I was ten. I remember her running me out to the woods behind our house. I could tell she was scared but she didn't show it. I remember her getting down on her knees in front of me and looking me in the eyes while snarling came from our house. Tears made her eyes sparkle and she smiled was a white flash in the dark.

"Lone I need you to take wolf form." She said suprising me. She always told me that i should never shift.

"Why?" I asked while she took a quick look back at the house where my dad was still at.

"Just do as I say. Please Lone."

"I don't know if I can." I said tears coming to my eyes.

"Don't worry. You can do it." She said touching my cheek. Warm power had flood from her touch into me and I groaned feeling my body shift into that of a wolf pup.

"Good girl. Now I want you to run into the woods and don't look back. Don't ever change into your human form until your ready and bigger. And what ever you do don't trust the wolves that are not really wolves." She said pushing me torwards the woods. I whimpered and she pushed me causing me to stumble.

"Run." She yelled and I did. I ran until my legs grew weak and my body shook with the need to rest, but even then I ran. I ran until my body gave out and tumbled to the ground.

I knew that i needed to hide and crawled under a pile of dead leaves, where I quickly fell asleep.