Never Trust the Wolves

Fake wolves

I've lived in the woods for many moons now. I was bigger and lived with a pack of wolves. The wolves took me in when I was a starved pup no bigger than a small dog. Though know I was fully grown and I was different than the real wolves. I grew bigger than them. I was taller and faster. Had more muscle and weighed more. I was good for hunting but the wolves always watched me. They knew I was different.

The pack was moving again, looking for food that was already hard to find. We kept moving and the weather grew colder. Finally after days of moving we came to place with pleanty to hunt, but the lands smelled weird. Each wolf took turning going through the new smell and some would growl and others would shake their heads as if confused. But the smell was familiar to me. Before I could place the smell out alpha growled and ran into the woods. The pack followed.

We where all hungry and needneeded to eat and prey filled this land. It didn't take us long to hunt any down. We all went out own way to hunt. Every once in a while a wolf would howl when they caught something.

I was silently stalking a rabbit when leaves russled a few feet away and a large silver wolf jumped from the bushes, its jaws closing on the rabbit.I silently snarled at it backing away. I ran for the pack but heard it follow. I howled warning them when the wolf pounced on my back. I snarled bucking it off me.

I turned to it showing teeth. It looked me over with a look I've never seen a wolf make. Howls echoed around me and it looked around. I growled drawing it attention back to me. It seemed to laugh and quickly lunged at me. I helped as it quickly got me on my back. It's fangs dug into the skin of my throat, a growl rumbled in its chest.

It let go and when I move to get up it growled snapping its fangs at me.it lifted its head and howled. It souded like a wolf's howl but didn't. My eyes widen as I heard my mom's words again.

"Don't trust the wolves that aren't really wolves. My heart beat picked up and I went to run for it. Teeth dug into my back legs and I yelped trying to get away. I did everything to get away and again the wolf had me pinned to the ground.I was tired and brained.

A wolf howl came from somewhere in the woods and the wolf above me answered. After a while I heard others food steps. They where almost silent and came out of the woods like shadows. Wolves growled and snapped at me. The wolf that was standing over she started to shift. I whimpered as he looked down at me with human eyes.

"I found this one sneaking around." He said. A large brown wolf step forward and shifted. He looked down at me and I knew that this might be my end. This wolf will kill me.

"When it tried to run it warned others." The first wolf said.

"we only saw a stray wolf pack running from here. No other werewolves around here."

"Shift." The second wolf said. I growled and moved to stand up.

"Shift and tell us what you are doing here on our land." He growled . I snarled my tail tucked between my legs. The second wolf met my eyes after a while he shook his head and smiled.

"Take it to the silver room." Wolves snapped at my back as they lead me away. My pack had left me to the fake wolves.

They dragged me into a house and down into a basement. They locked me in a cage and left me in the dark. I pased for what felt like hours. I pased until I grew tired.

I didn't realize I feel asleep until I heard the sound of someone coming down the stairs. I stood up and pressed myself against the wall. The silver wolf looked at me. His human eyes a bright green. He sighed and shaking his head.

"You cant stay in your wolf form forever." He said. I snarled snapping at the air. He sighed again throwing something onto the floor. I stayed where I was until he left.

What he had left was a piece of meat. I sniffed at it and shook my head. It smelled like nothing that came from the woods. It smelled of chemicals and something else I could place. I stepped away from it and went to the corner where I curled up into a ball to sleep.