Stitches

Life in the Big Onion

Molly opened up her eyes and felt a hand grasp hers. Turning her head she looked at Herrmann and gave him a small smile. When though inside her heart, she felt it withering.

His bright eyes looking at her so softly as he rubbed her hand with his thumb. He smiled at her.

"You're amazing you know that?" He asked her with a playful smile. Molly's heart raced and a blush came to her face. She was never one to blush before he came around.

Herrmann chuckled softly "oh geez, Molls," He said touching her face with a wide grin. "again?" he asked.

Molly leered at him playfully "hey it's all your fault, you're the only one who" she pointed at her face "can pull this off okay" she said. Herrmann chuckled more and laid out his arm for Molly to cuddle closer.

He let out a content sigh as she did so and rested her head on his shoulder and hand on his chest. Playing with a few of his chest hairs. He leaned his face into her hair and took in a breath. And the two sat in a comfortable silence in the shadowy bedroom. The sun rays peeking through the blinds.

"it's midday Chrissy" Molly finally sighed, "you gotta get back to the Firehouse before Chief starts wondering about you. Otis and Kelly are not going to be able to hide anything from the Chief if he asks" Molly laughed lightly. Herrmann groaned "yeaaah" he sighed "you're probably right." he said as she sat up in the bed. He sat up after her, kissed the top of her head and trailed his finger along the lace lining of her bra.

"this one's new," he said, Molly laughed "it's the same color as all the other's though,"she said. "yeah but this one's new, it's frilly you usually go for sporty," He said. Molly turned her head to hide her blush. He had noticed, yes she changed, Via Advice from Natalie about what men like. She was always the tomboy even now into her early 30's.

"um," Molly hummed. Herrmann chuckled and gently turned her head to face him. He leaned his forehead to hers and gently kissed her lips briefly but the sensation lingered. "I like it, it's cute," he said although he couldn't help but chuckled quietly to himself as he looked at the blush on her face and her goofy relieved smile.

*beep* *beep beep* *beep*

Molly grimaced a bit and reached over to the nightstand and picked up her phone.

"gotta go in?" Herrmann asked. Molly nodded and hopped out of the bed. Grabbing her pants she shimmied into them quickly. "yeaaah, a patient of mine" She said quickly. Herrmann too got out of the bed and started to get dressed.

By the time he had gotten on his pants, Molly was already fully dressed and smoothing out her hair. "I've gotta go, you know where the spare key is, lock up and don't let Moo out," Molly said quickly as she walked to Herrmann who had just grabbed his shirt. She stopped and gave him a long slow kiss. He closed his eyes and leaned in to keep the kiss as she pulled away.

He pouted as she giggled. " aw come on that's not fair" he said is a soft hazy voice. Molly smirked at him playfully and walked to the door of her room "I am serious don't let Moo out!" she called before leaving.

"which room?" Molly asked as she scrubbed her hands rushed through the emergency "room 25, Choi is waiting for you!" April called out. Molly nodded and took off jogging.

Rounding the corner and entering the room, She gasped.

Choi was in deep into her patient's open chest. "what are you not in a surgical room?" She asked quickly grabbing some gloves and a mask.

"had no time," Choi said as he was handed a clamp. "a heart artery is bleeding, several veins around the heart have been cut." He said as Molly took side opposite of him and began to work and help close the bleeders. "what happened?" she asked calmly "suicide attempt gone horribly wrong. Guess you were right after all when to said she should have been on a safety hold here two days ago" Choi said.

Molly looked at the face of the young teenage girl. And her heart broke for her. She had been her patient for 5 years now. And she had been terribly sick all that time. She may have wanted to die, but Molly wasn't going to let it be today or like this.

"clamp!" she called as one was quickly handed over to her. "that's all of them. Her heart seems to be fine, though, let's just remove the glass shards and sew up the bleeders" Molly said. Choi nodded. And the two got to work.

Molly sighed heavily in relief as she stepped out of the room and watched the girl be taking to ICU.

Choi followed out behind her. "you did good, she'll pull through just fine" He said with a warm smile. Molly beamed up at him but she looked worn out.

"you look exhausted," he said eyeing her. Molly bit her tongue "um I was out of a run before I got called in," she said thinking as fast as she could. Choi didn't know about Herrmann and Molly would like to keep it that way, the fewer people who knew the better.

"ah," He said with a nod but she could see on his face, he wasn't buying it. It was hard to pull the wool over a navy-man. "um wanna come with me to go get some coffee? You've been here since what? 4 am?" she asked with a smile. Choi smiled back "sounds great," He said letting her lead the way. "and on a Saturday morning, I can't imagine what you all saw this morning before dawn," She said sympathetic. "nothing we aren't used to at this point," Choi said as the left the ER.

Meanwhile down at the Firehouse, Herrmann was greeted by Otis. "where were you? Cindy called in for you I had to say you were out on a call" He said, and while half scolding him, Otis also seemed very amused. "You know where I was," Herrmann said trying not to have to really talk about it, or focus too much on it. Right now he wanted to know what Cindy needed.

"What did Cindy need? What did she say?" He asked. Otis thought for a minute "oh she wanted you to stop buy and get Luke that new reed he needs for music class?" Otis said more as a question. "yeah yeah that was it" He said. Herrmann nodded and smiled "good thing I got that this morning," he said. "now come on tell me some details?" Otis asked hushed voiced as he followed Behind Herrmann to the locker rooms.

"tell ya what? It's been going on for two months now, what more details can you want?" He asked laughing. "this isn't like you, it's amazing that it's even an actual thing happening. So she must be great at what she does" He said. Herrmann frowned "you make her sound like a hooker or somethin'," He said.

"well...I didn't mean it like that." Otis said, red lights went off in the Firehouse. Herrmann was thankful for a reason to drop the subject. It was always like this after he had visited Molly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Had no clue what to title this. Her name choice ties in I promise lol it's not just lazy picking.