The Mouth of Evil

"Eric," Dakota whispered and he looked over at her, his breathing labored and face hidden in the shadows of ferns they had submerged their bodies into.

"Yeah?" he whispered back and he could practically hear her heart beating against his chest. They were facing each other, neither of them willing to give the other the breathing room they needed.

"Do you think it's gone?"

He opened his mouth to respond but just as he did a high pitch scream rang out in the darkness, barging through the eerie silence of the forest and filled with the hellish dread of oncoming death. They clung to each other, their bodies automatically seeking a source of protection, but as soon as it came it ceased, and again the forest crept back into an alert slumber leaving them both visibly shaken.

"Not by a long shot."

~~~~~~~

Eric Thatcher convinces his friends to join him over the weekend to seek out his sister who has mysteriously vanished into the deep forests of the Northern Hemisphere. But with little experience in the wild and no backup plan, the rescue mission soon takes a turn for the worse as they find themselves struggling to survive in a maze of mind games and physical limitations.

As the temperature begins to drop and the mutilated bodies of the past begin to reveal themselves from deep within the mountains, four friends must fight to survive not only from the harshness of nature, but also, from the mouth of evil itself.