The Bright Side of a Full Moon

Chapter Two

We were growing more and more neared the end of our sixth year, Regulus and I, and I was distracted by what he had informed me of to study.

"I can't believe you, Reg, don't you realize how incredibly stupid that was!" I shouted, throwing my book at him. He was easily able to dodge the book, looking surprised. "You knew all along that this is what I wanted!" He was quick to growl as he moved around the couch. With each step towards me he made, I took one large step back.

"Yeah, in a few years when we're older! You're barely sixteen, Reg, we still have another year of school left! You don't even know what it means to be a Death Eater, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into!" I shouted once more, not caring who heard. I wasn't disappointed because I knew that this was he wanted; and he would've done it eventually. No, I was worried about him- he was still a kid. We both are. "I know what I'm doing stupid girl! This is what I want and you have no right to tell me otherwise you, you filthy blood traitor!"

I was taken back by his words.

Shocked, my hands shot up to cover my mouth as a small gasp escaped from between my lips. Realizing what he had said, Regulus' eyes went wide. "I-I didn't mean that, Nyx, you know I didn't!" Once more he took a step towards me; and once more I took a step away. "You made it pretty clear what you meant." I snapped.

Before he could say anything, I left the Slyhterin common rooms, and headed towards the Great Hall. I knew I'd find Lily studying there, just like she always did before dinner. It was her seventh and final year of Hogwarts, and she had been chosen as Head Girl. Meanwhile, James Potter was not only picked to be Head Boy; but Lily had also finally agreed to date him. Remus was still Prefect, along with five others for Gryffindor house. I had always hoped to be Prefect during my years here but that didn't happen.

When I got to the Great Hall, I saw that Lily wasn't alone. Remus was sitting across the table from her, reading from one of his books. I approached them quickly, trying to keep my tears hidden from the other students.

Then, once I had reached them I sat down next to Lily did I allow my tears to flows down my cheeks. Remus, that lovable boys, was the first of the two to notice presence. "Nyx, what's happened? What's wrong?" Remus asked, looking me over as he closed his book. His words made Lily pause her own studying and look at me with worried eyes as well. "Aries, sweetie, what's wrong?" She asked, setting her quill down.

Lily was the only person to call me by my first name, as I felt my middle name suited me much better. Aries Nyx Rosier. I had become rather fond of Lily being the only one to call me Aries. I had also become rather fond of people calling me by my name.

"Reg-Regulus and I got into a fight, and he called me a blood traitor! My oldest friend. I never thought he would think that of me; but he's just like everyone else." I cried, feeling like a fool for crying for something as simple as this. Lily's arm wrapped around me, and she pulled me into her tight embrace. "Oh, sweetie. Everything's going to be alright." She hummed, trying to comfort me the best way she could.

We stay like that for a while, though I knew I should be studying instead. Lily's arm stay tightly around my shoulders, while her hand smoothed over my dark hair. My tears slowed and turned into silent sniffles.

We stayed there until James and Sirius turned up.

"Remus, watch her!" Lily ordered, removing her arm from around me. Once more, Remus put down his book, while Lily moved to stand up. She ignored Potter's presence completely, and turned to look at Sirius. "Where the hell does your family get off?" Lily barked out. Shocked, Sirius and James both looked at the girl with wide eyes. "What are you on about, Evans?" Sirius gasped out. "Your brother's finally done it! He's gone and called Aries a blood traitor all because his obsession with the dark arts!"

Upon hearing her words, Sirius was quick to step around Lily, and sit down on the bench next to me. His fingers clutched onto the sides of my tear-stained cheeks and made me look at him. My eyes were red and puffy from crying, and my nose was stuffy from the sniffles.

"Nyx, you can't take anything my brother or our ridiculous families say to heart. Damn anyone who says anything bad about you. You don't need them, you've got us, alright?" Sirius smiled down at me. He was better at cheering me up than Lily had been. Maybe because I had known him a great deal longer than I had known Lily; so I felt a bit closer to him than her.

Lily and James sat down after a few moments, and I lay my head against Sirius' shoulder. Sirius' arm wrapped around me just like Lily had done previously. Remus once more went back to reading, though this time with an angrier expression- and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. The boy looked absolutely exhausted, there were black circles under his eyes. They were so dark, in fact, that if I hadn't known any better, I'd have thought that someone punched him.

I sat there silently, admiring him, until someone cleared their throat behind me. "Nyx, will you please let me explain?" It was Regulus. Both Sirius and I turned around. Remus looked up from his book. Lily kept studying, while James looked up as well. "Look, Reg, I don't think now's the best time for this." Sirius spoke, a warning hidden in his tone. "Nyx, Please, you have to understand. I didn't mean to-" Regulus ignored Sirius, but I cut him off.

"Understand what, Reg? That you're just like everyone else, that you obviously cant think for yourself. What is it that you want me to understand? Is it that you betrayed me?" Suddenly, my sadness was gone but had been replaced by anger.

"No, Nyx, that's not what I meant! It was an accident, it just slipped out and you bloody well know it!" Regulus was getting angry now too. "I told you now was no the time for this, so why don't you go back to Snivelus and the rest of your freaks." Sirius growled out this time.

When Regulus still didn't listen and walk away, a new voice joined in the conversation. A voice I hand't been expecting to hear. "You heard him, mate, sod off!" Remus growled out. When I looked over my shoulder to him, his book had been slammed closed and he was now standing.

This time, Regulus listened and without another word he walked away. I watched as he went over to the Slytherin table and sat down with everyone. The only one who was paying any attention to what had just happened, was Evan. I could feel his eyes on me- he had been watching this whole time. His eyes were burning a hole in my back as Sirius and I sat back down.

I was dreading going back to the common room,
♠ ♠ ♠
So I changed the picture for Aries....check it out if you like

But

Awe, Remus stood up for her....along with Lily and Sirius xD