The Bright Side of a Full Moon

Chapter Three

Things definitely didn't get any better after that. Regulus watched me any time I was near; but I still wasn't speaking to him- or any of the Slytherins for that matter.

Exams were drawing nearer, and I had thrown myself into my studies. It was often that I met with Lily and Remus in the library to study- they would help me with any questions I might have. At least until James would pull Lily away to do something, leaving Remus and I alone in the library.

Today, however, was different. When I went to the library, Lily and Remus were nowhere to be found. Instead, Sirius was sitting there waiting for me. I knew that he wouldn't dare be in here to study. So something was going on.

"What's going on?" I hummed, sitting down across from him. "There you are! I was starting to think that you weren't going to show up!" Sirius had a large smile on his face as he spoke to me. "How long have you been waiting up here? Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I hummed out once again. My eyes floated away from him, and went down to the book in front of me. As my hand moved to open it, Sirius reached out, and grabbed my wrist- stopping me.

"Nyx, it's a Hogsmeade weekend, our last one. Don't tell me that you're going to stay locked away in here studying?" He scoffed. "Well, yeah. I mean, I want to do well on my exams. Where's Remus and Lily?" I questioned him.

"Lily is in Hogsmeade with James, on a date. Remus, however, wasn't feeling his best so he's up in the hospital with Madam Pomfrey. So, come on. I am taking you to the Three Broomsticks. You could do with some cheering up." Sirius still had the large smile glued on his face. Before I could object, he had reached out and taken my book from me."Remus in the hospital? Shouldn't we go check on him or something?" I was suddenly very worried. "No, Nyx, Remus is a big boy and can take care of himself. He's fine. Now, let's go!" Sirius urged.

This time when he reached out, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of my seat. "Wait, Sirius, my book!" I called as he dragged me along behind him. "No one's going to take your damn book, Nyx, we'll come back for it later!" Sirius laughed loudly, pulling me from the library.

We ran down the stairs at a quick pace, I couldn't stop myself from laughing as we did so. Other students littered throughout the castle looked at us as if we were absolutely mad. "Wait, Sirius, I need a jacket don't I?" I gasped out upon noticing that we were approaching the two large front doors of the castle. "No, it's warm outside, now stop asking questions and come on!" Sirius barked.

I didn't ask anymore questions after that. Instead, I allowed Sirius to drag me through the grounds, and down to Hogsmeade. The streets were crowded by students and villagers alike. I saw Lily and James as we passed by Zonkoz, but Sirius didn't stop to chat. Instead, he dragged me into the Three Broomsticks, and to a table in the back.

He ordered drinks for the both of us, while I sat silently with my hands down in my lap. When our drinks arrived, I heard Sirius say thanks, before he turned to me. "So, you really like him don't you?" He asked suddenly, taking me by surprise. "What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

Once more, Sirius laughed loudly. "Nyx, I've been watching you for years. I've seen all the looks, and I've caught you starting at him more than once. Trust me when I say, I know you; and I'm definitely not blind."

My hands moved up from my lap, and my fingers wrapped around the mug of butterbeer that was sitting on the table in front of me. "How long have you known?" I mumbled, not bothering to look up at him. "Since the day that Lily brought you over and introduced you."

I silently blushed out of embarrassment. "You've known for four years?! Why the hell didn't you at least tell me that you knew?" I paused, a slight realization hitting me, "You didn't tell him did you?" I gasped out, worried.

"No, no, I didn't tell him. You have nothing to worry about- unless of course he's figured it out for himself." Sirius smirked, taking a sip of his drink. His words definitely didn't help me feel any better about the situation at hand. "Did you bring me out here to mock me or something? To make fun of the fact that I like Remus more than I should?" I growled out, suddenly feeling angry at the boy sitting across from me.

"Hell, Nyx, do you think me that cruel? I'm not here to mock you, I'm trying to help you!" Sirius gasped out. Reaching out, he grabbed my hand. "You're my friend, and just like what I want or the rest of my friends, I want you to be happy. So, I'm going to help you get what you want. A date with Remus." He smirked once more. "What exactly do you mean, you're going to help me? Remus doesn't even notice me, there's nothing to help." My previous anger faded and I suddenly was feeling sad.

This time, Sirius sighed and his smirk faded away. "Take James for example, he feels entitled to most things. Remus, on the other hand, doesn't. He feels he doesn't deserve anything he really has. Like having us for friends, or a beautiful girl like you."

"So, what exactly are you suggesting we do?" I questioned, once more fumbling my fingers together in my lap. "We're going to make him realize exactly what he deserves." His smirk returned.

Sirius and I stayed in the Three Broomsticks for a while longer, talking over what he had apparently been planning. Lily and James joined us eventually, and we all walked back to the castle together. Lily offered to walk me down to the dungeons, which lead James and Sirius to offer as well.

Though, seeing as Sirius made me leave my books in the library, I had to decline their offers in order to go get them. It wasn't until I was on my way back to the Slytherin house when the trouble started.

As I was walking through the dungeons, a hand reached out of the darkness and grabbed me. Another hand clamped down over my mouth and muffled the scream that came from between my lips. Only once we were back into the light did I see who it was.

"Evan, what's going on?" I gasped out. Looking up I saw my brother, a guilty looking Regulus, and Wilkes standing above me. None of them said anything, but Wilkes was quick to swing his leg out and kick me in the chest. Groaning, I rolled over onto my side, and wrapped my arms around myself. Evan the crouched down in front of me. "You know, father was always right about you. No wonder he never even wanted you. We should've gotten rid of you when we had the chance- filthy blood traitor." He sneered.

The back of his hand went flying across my face before standing up. He then turned away. "Wilkes, go ahead and have your fun." With that, Evan walked away from us. Wilkes was quick to take his place in front of me.

He kicked my shoulder harshly, causing me to roll over onto my back. Then, he put his foot down onto my wrist- putting all his weight on it. I could feel the bone start to bend before breaking under the pressure. I yelled loudly at the pain. "Shut up!" Wilkes shouted, leaning down and punching the same cheek that Evan had smacked.

My eyes moved over and found Regulus a few feet away, still with a look of gilt etched across his face. "Reg, help me- please." I whimpered, looking up at him with pleading eyes. "I said shut up!" Wilkes shouted again. This time, he didn't punch me; instead he kicked me in the face. Causing my head to slam back against the wall, and everything around me to go black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama.