The Bright Side of a Full Moon

Chapter Seven

My parents reacted exactly how I expected they would. They were positively furious with not only me; but the fact that I was no longer in Slytherin house.

Upon arriving home, I longed to have Lilt standing bravely by my side. She wouldn't have backed down the way I had. As soon as my father began yelling and raised his hand to me, I shrunk away and cowered before him. My parents called me a disgrace, a blood traitor, and all but disowned me.

Any and all letters that came from any of my friends where immediately destroyed. I wasn't allowed to have any form of connection to the outside world. They even kept me locked in my bedroom for a majority of the time. The only time I was really allowed out of my room was when there was work to be done. They treated me as if I was some new house elf they had gained possession of. Actually, that's a lie. They treated me worse than they treated the house elves. It's horrible.

How I longed to be back at school, and away from my family. Though, knowing that Lily, Sirius, James and Remus would no longer going to be there- I didn't even want to go back. I couldn't imagine my life without them.

At some point, about a month into vacation, I actually began to give up on going back. Some spot in my mind had gotten the idea that my parents were not going to willingly allow me to go back to Hogwarts, and another part of me believed that without a doubt.

Then, another night a few weeks later, something even more strange happened.

My family had gone out for the night, leaving me completely alone in the house. Well, apart from the house elves of course. My first night of freedom from my family since the summer had began. Ironic that the night my family leave me along in the house, was my last night of freedom for a very long time.

I had been in the kitchen when it happened. A large group of men in masks broke into the house, attacked, and grabbed me. MY body was pulled in so many different directions, it hurt like absolute hell. At least it did, until everything around me we black.

When I woke up, I wasn't in my families home anymore. In fact, I had absolutely no idea where I was; but I knew I was tied up. My wrists were tied together tightly, and tied to a pipe above my head- forcing me to keep my arms stretched out above my head. My body was incredibly sore. There was no way for me to tell how long I'd been here. My mind was groggy as I tried to figure out what could possibly be happening to me.

Hearing footsteps from somewhere inside the room, my entire body seemed to perk up- or at the very least, my ears did. The rest of my body was shaking with nerves.

"W-What's going on?" I choked out, my throat extremely dry and my voice was hoarse. Though, even after asking, part of me really didn't want to know the answer to my question. The echoing sound of the footsteps continued to circle around the room. I wasn't able to place exactly where this person was in the room. All I could tell was that they were in the same room as me.

Suddenly, a dim light came on from overhead. My eyes struggled to adjust to the sudden brightness, as I attempted to look around the room once more. The other person was still nowhere to be found, no matter how hard I tried looking. "I-I know you're there. Come out. Stop hiding, you coward!" My voice rose ever so slightly as I continued trying to find the person. As soon as the words left my lips, the sound of footsteps once more started up in the room.

"You know nothing of the true meaning of the word." Upon hearing the voice, I immediately knew that my captor was a man. The voice was familiar, but I couldn't place where I knew it from. "Coward; a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things- and here you have a teenage girl tied up, while you hide in the dark." I growled out.

Stepping into the light, I was able to see the man. There was no mistaking the white hair and silver eyes. The man standing in front of me was Lucius Malfoy, I had heard a lot about him from Evan and Sirius. I had only ever met him once, but I couldn't help but question why he was now holding me captive. Did my family put him up to this or something? Is this some kind of punishment that they've thought up for my being friends with Lily?

"Hhmp, smart girl aren't you?" He scoffed. "But obviously not smart enough." He added as he began walking in a half-circle around me.

"What's going on? Why am I here?" I choked out, trying to keep my eyes on him as he moved.

When he disappeared behind me suddenly, I was confused. I could've sworn that my back was up against a wall. Had I been hanging in the center of the room this entire time? His finger came to land on the center of my back, and run up the length of my spine. A low chuckle left his lips as he came back to stand in front of me.

"You, my dear, are here to provide me with information. That shouldn't be too hard for a blood traitor like you, little Aries." He spoke now with a dark tone in his voice. I struggled a bit against the ropes tied around my wrists- I didn't want this man touching me. "I don't have any information you could possibly want." I all but shouted as I continued to struggle against the ropes.

"Oh, but I'm sure you do. Confident even. Now, it's just a matter of getting you to talk. Maybe I'll let you sit in the dark for a few days. Yes, I think that's exactly what I'll do." He said with a chuckle. With that, he left. The light went off, and I was left alone in the dark. Just like he said I would be.

"What the hell is going on?" I muttered to myself.

I'm not sure how long I was left alone after that. Minutes, hours, maybe even days. It had to be days. My mouth went dry, my mind was fuzzy, and my stomach was completely empty- more than likely on the verge of eating itself. It had to have been days that I was locked down here, I had been in and out of consciousness the entire time. They had been starving me the entire time I had been here, my head lolled to the side and rested against the side of my arm. I just wanted to be let down. I just wanted to get some actual sleep. I was exhausted.

Suddenly, the door opened and light returned. Two figure stepping into the room, one I was quick to once more recognize as Lucius Malfoy. The other, I had never seen before; but I immediately knew who it was. Standing in front of me was Lord Voldemort.

"So, this is the girl?" Voldemort questioned, circling around me as if trying to see what I was made up. He was sizing me up. "Yes, my Lord. Aries Nyx Rosier- just as you requested." Lucius bowed his head ever so slightly. Once more, my mind began to question just what the hell was going on here. "And you know for sure that she has the information we need?" Voldemort didn't pay any attention to me as he spoke to Lucius again. "Positive my Lord, the only obstacle is getting her to talk." Lucius once more nodded his head.

It was then that Voldemort turned his attention to me. He looked me dead in the eye, and I felt as if I were frozen. "So, tell me my dear, where is your little friend Regulus hiding?" He questioned, his face coming into the light. I was shocked and visibly appalled by the sight of the man standing in front of me. It was like his features had been burned, as if he placed his face against a pile of burning embers.

His skin was wax, like a doll. The only normal thing about his appearance was his eyes.

"I don't know where Regulus is." I choked out, looking into his eyes. "Of course you do, you're his closest friend. He said so himself." He argued, pulling something from his robe. Holding it up in the light, it looked like a letter; and it seemed to be addressed to me.

Now I was even more confused, why would Regulus be sending me letters after he's the one who ended our friendship.

"I don't know where he is. Last I knew, he wanted nothing to do with me." I all but spit in the dark wizard's face. He seemed to think of my words for a few brief moments before taking action. It was when he pulled out his wand that I knew I was in trouble. "Well then, maybe this will loosen your tongue a bit. Crucio!"

The next thing I knew, my body was in excruciating pain. It felt like someone had reached into my body and was trying to pull my spine out- through my finger tips. A loud scream left my lips as my fingers balled into fists and my fingernails dug into the skin of my palms. "Tell me where Regulus Black is hiding, girl!" He shouted over the sound of my screams.

"I don't know, I swear I don't." I cried out before screaming again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long everyone, but updates will be starting up again now that I can write while I'm at work instead of having to stop writing because of work- plus I also have a new laptop that will definitely make it easier for me to update, so get ready!!!!

Please let me know what you think, I love any and all feedback.