Status: Engaged

7 - 11

Dog Fight

Logan bounced on his toes and rolled his shoulders, lightly stretching his neck as he shook out his arms. His sister watched with a bored expression while their friend counted out the cash she had made at the bar.

“What’s it lookin’ like?” Sam asked chewing her gum wishing the flavor was still there. Her dark eyes drifted from Aiden’s hands to her brother’s focused gaze as he continued stretching and bouncing about, getting his tail feather fluffed so to speak. Pumping himself up for the fight about to come.

“Five hundred even,” Aiden told her friend, the two women looking at the decent amount of money between them as a taller woman wove through the growing crowd to reach where the trio were. Her green eyes met with Logan’s first, the two sharing a brief look before she looked at the other women. “We have five hundred,” Aiden told her.

Sam looked at the dark haired woman shrugging her jacket off and tossing it onto the stool behind Logan who had finally stopped bouncing. He watched her every move, all three of them did while Riley tousled her black hair.

“What’s it look like, Riley?” Logan asked, “Am I getting my ass handed to me?” Riley grabbed his beer and took a swig, twisting her body to look towards the ring of people making up the ring Logan would be fighting in.

“He’s big,” she said after gulping down the warm beer and making a face at the taste. She hated Logan’s taste in beer, especially warm. “Tall as you twice as wide, built like a fucking trailer and just as dodgy,” she explained looking at her three friends. Sam ran her thumb along her bottom lip as Logan hissed between his teeth. She watched him, weighing his every minute expression as he rolled his head, cracking his neck.

The crowd began to get rowdy and jostle around as betting starting taking place. Logan took a calming breath and looked between Sam and Riley.

“Remember,” he pointed at his sister and then their friend, knowing Aiden knew what he was going to say before he did, “Bet it all on the winner.” Riley smirked and Sam rolled her eyes with a playful grin as he added for good measure, “Just so you know, I’m the winner.”

Riley looked at Aiden and held her hand out while Sam looked at her quizzically.

“Give me half. Sam you and Aiden take the other half and bet on Logan-”

“I wanna bet against him,” Sam interjected snatching the remaining money from Aiden, “You bet on Logan.”

“Any excuse huh?” Riley teased with an amused smile as she folded the 250 and slipped in her back pocket barely hearing Logan calling,

“Riley get your ass up here or I’m startin without you!” Riley shared a look with Sam and Aiden who was tying her thick black hair up with a heavy sigh. She had pulled an all night at McGinty’s and the last thing she wanted to do was see Logan get his ass handed to him. Riley pushed through the crowd, shouting at people to move their asses while Sam turned to Aiden. The brunette put her hands on Aiden’s shoulders, fixing the woman’s gaze with her own.

“Don’t go chickening out now, loverboy’s going to be fine and you can play nurse with my brother all day,” she teased wiggling her brows suggestively causing Aiden’s tanned skin to darken a deep red as she shoved Sam’s hands off with an utterance of,

“Shut it.” Sam laughed and stuck her tongue between her teeth before the two made their way towards the bet collector.

~*~*~*~*~

Sam and Aiden were closer to the ring but still a distance away, watching the crowd’s favor slip from Logan to the visitor. The man was dodgy but Logan was either drunk or too tired to figure out how to get the upper hand. Sam’s keen eyes scanned the crowd, finding familiar faces she knew bet on Logan and faces she knew always bet against him. Aiden tugged on her arm earning her attention. The darker woman nodded across the ring where two men stood watching the fight intently, one bouncing his fists absently as if fighting for Logan. Sam’s eyebrow quirked, he was cute.

“They were at the bar,” Aiden shouted over the screaming crowd and Sam looked at her then the two men. “Doc knows em but I don’t.” That piqued Sam’s interest. Between the two of them working at bars, Sam thought there wasn’t a soul in South Boston they hadn’t met. She started through the crowd towards the men with Aiden shouting and trying to keep up.

Let’s see what we have here.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a collaboration and reviews or comments would be MOST appreciated. We'd really appreciate the time you take to type good or bad or what have you. Who knows, you could get a shoutout in the next part!