Status: Thanks for reading!!

Chika's Romance Chapters

Garden Snake

A Year Ago.

Light snores filled the room and her breath passed in the space between us. I watched, with the light of the moon filtering through the window, her mouth open just slightly. My fingers inched up and barely touched her lips. Soft, I never realized another person could be this soft.

I surprised myself.

I was sixteen when I realized that I no longer saw her as family.

I was so caught in the realization that I didn't notice her eyes open.

"What're you doing?" I could still remember her thick Osakan dialect of six years ago, now watered down. I could still remember the way I revered her as my savior.

I didn't answer and my hand stayed where it was. Her eyes fluttered closed before opening again.

"Chika, what're you-" I tore my fingers from her. "Doing." I turned myself away.

"Go to sleep, Amai. See you in the morning." I couldn't help my voice from being flat. My fists clenched until it was almost painful. Why did I do that? Why did I do that? Why did I have to make it so painfully obvious?

A few minutes passed.

"Seeya." I heard the bed creak as she turned. She pressed her back against mine. I could've cried at the feeling of togetherness. Even though I had just tried to push her away.

I love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love is like a garden.