Property.

Beginning.

“Slow night?” His voice was rough as he approached the women standing under the street light. “It’s raining, Jay. There’s no one out here.” The panic rising in the brunettes voice was evident as she shook in her spot. The pimp looked at his other girl, his dark eyes daring to speak out of turn. She stayed silent, knowing full and well what would happen if she let her tongue flap.

“See when I stop to see how my girls are doing, they usually aren’t standing around. They off doing what they do best. Making me money.” He stared at the both of them with a sneer, “Piper, I expect five hundred by the end of the night. At least. It’ll please me if yah get more.” He put the car into drive, “Hear?” He tared at the red head who simply just nodded her head.

The black SUV rolled away, leaving the girls alone again. “Piper, how can you do this?” Piper looked over at her former ‘coworker’. She couldn’t call her a friend, aware that if she couldn’t pull tricks, that she would end up leaving. Either on her own accord or by the hands of their pimp. “Let’s get ta tha other side of the block. We don’t have that money, might as well kiss our beds good-bye.” She said as she pulled the other towards the other side of the street, holding her hand up to hail a taxi, “Gonna be a long ass night, Rita.” She murmured softly as they both climbed in.

The rain hit against the windows of his office, making it damn near impossible for him to concentrate. “Mr. Hardy, your fiance just called. Her flight from Miami has been cancelled so she won’t be able to make it home tonight.” Tom looked up at his assistant, giving her a small smile that barely reached his eyes, “Yeah, okay.” He waved her off, picking a Brandy filled glass up from his desk. He’d been tracking his fiance’s every move for a few months, having been under the impression she was having an affair. Going as far as hiring an investigator to check on her while she was still in town. He had all the information he needed and the some. All the business trips she hopped on were a facade. Of course they were. A small part of him felt that he could see past all of that just so she would stay. So he wasn’t alone.

Tossing back the remainder of his drink, Tom moved to gather his briefcase and overcoat, “Michele, you can head home now. No sense in you staying late on my accord.” He spoke nicely to the petite blonde as he locked his office doors. The woman simply nodded her head, blonde curls bouncing as she jumped up from her desk, “Your dry cleaning is ready for pickup and I called that take out place you like so much. I know how you haven’t eaten all day.” She said as she handed him a slip of paper with notes she had written down. “Much obliged, dear.” He spoke softly as he stuffed the piece of paper into his slacks pocket. He gave her a small nod as he headed towards the elevators, the feeling of dread falling over him as he entered the opened elevator. Michele followed in shortly, holding her coat in her arms as she hummed to herself.

Scrunching his eyebrows, Tom looked at her then back to the closing doors of the lift. “Why don’t you take tomorrow off. You’ve been working all week. Have some time to yourself.” He spoke with sincerity in his voice as he cocked his head to the side. The blonde looked taken back, her face making different expressions before she opened her mouth, “You sure?” She asked, giving him a almost hopeful look that he wouldn’t take the offer back and make her work the long hours. “Yeah, we both need some time off. The company will be fine without me for a day.” He said as he gave her a reassuring smile.

The elevator came to a stop, the doors opening to the car garage. “I’ll see you Wednesday.” He said, dropping the subject instantly as he exited first, his hand fishing for his car keys as he approached his black BMW. As he got into the drivers side, his phone began to ring. Looking at the caller ID he made a disgusted sound in the back of his throat before tossing the device in the passenger seat. "No way in Hell am I subjecting myself to that level." He muttered. As much as he wanted his fiance in his life, he wasn't about to see past the ultimate betrayal she was so easy to commit. As he pulled out of the parking garage, the rain seemed to have dissipated, leaving the streets dark and ominous. Aside from the few people who were out walking around, everything was empty and dark.

Nothing would have prepared him for the unusual situation he was about to be thrown in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something new. Thought I'd start with something different aside from my usual fanfictions. I've been a fan of Tom Hardy for a long time, not to mention how incredibly gorgeous this man is. Give me some feedback on what you think. This is just the opening so let's see how that goes.