Property.

Unlikely Circumstances.

Piper was able to make the money she needed, having it wrapped up in a condom with a post it note stapled to it that read 'GO FUCK YOURSELF' in bold letters. Her bags had been packed the night before the initial night she was ordered to show the new girl the ropes of being a grade A hooker. Her feet were racing down the street, her breathing shallow as she kept moving her body in the direction of a field of yellow taxis in front of her. She was sure to hoard as much money as she could so she could get far, far away. It wasn't until she heard screeching tires behind her that her adrenaline began to pump harder. She swerved away from her first attempt of escape, dodging into an alley to her right. Her eyes were searching everywhere, her chest growing tight with the oncoming anxiety attack creeping up on her.

She had managed to come to a complete halt as she dove into a pile of trash bags, hearing running footsteps advance towards her. She heard gunshots echo in her ears as she dug herself deeper into her trashy grave. She cupped her hands over her mouth as she squeezed her eyes shut. "Come out, Piper. Ain't no use in hiding, girl." She heard his voice, her thumbs squeezing her nose shut so he couldn't hear her breathing. She heard footsteps approach closer to her hidden form, her heart stopping in fear. It wasn't until the sound of a bottle breaking in the distance that made the footsteps move away from her that she was finally able to breath in a gulp of air. "Move! Get the truck. I want that bitch back." Jays voice barked as they all scattered. She picked her head up, her breathing ragged as she watched all of them run in opposite directions. She looked up, blinking rapidly as rain began to fall from the sky yet again. She frowned slightly, moving her eyes for a possible fire escape. Her frowned instantly turning into a smile as she jumped up. In front of her was a narrow escape. The reach was far but thanks to her motivation to stay in shape and able to keep herself on track to finally get out of the game.

She jumped up, able to grip the bar of the ladder with just her fingertips. She adjusted herself so could get a full grip of it before hoisting herself up. Her bag hung heavy on her back as she began to climbed up the first flight of the metal stairs. She kept moving until she came to a metal door, to her surprise it was unlocked. She swung the door open, rushing into the building. The minute the door shut behind her, she was engulfed in darkness. Her lids were open wide as she felt around to try and figure out where exactly she was going. It felt as if the hallway was longer than she had anticipated, fearing that it would go on forever before she could actually feel her sweet freedom from the city. Her hand then came into contact with another door. She felt for a knob, finding it quickly before she turned it. “What does no one lock shit around this joint?” She whispered harshly as she pushed the heavy door open. The light was almost blinding as she walked through the threshold. She was almost shaken when she saw a man standing at the end of the hall, a confused look on his face when she walked through.

“I don’t believe you’re supposed to be up here, Miss.” His voice was like velvet, no hint of cruelty towards her. She looked down the other direction of the hall before looking back over at him. She took off running, hearing shouted protests followed by heavy footsteps closing in behind her. “Stop! Wait a minute! You don’t know where you’re going!” He shouted. She came to another halt, eyes focusing on elevator doors. She slumped her shoulders as she tried looking for another stair well, finding one far from the elevator in front of her. She pressed the button repeatedly. She let out a scream so loud, it rang in her ears as she turned around swiftly once she felt a heavy hand land on her shoulder. She pulled out her switchblade, holding it out to try and protect herself from the man. “Whoa, whoa, hey!” He held his hands up in defense and a silent surrender, “I’m not gonna hurt yah. Okay? You just...Just came out of nowhere. And the look on your face...Screaming like that.” He looked concerned, something completely foreign to her. “Look, I’ll take yah down, show you the way out and help you get a taxi, alright?” He said, trying to reason with her as his eyes fell onto finger shaped bruises around her neck. His jaw clenched as he waited for the doors to open for them. The sooner he could get her gone, the sooner he could get the image of her bruised skin out of his head.

The doors opened then, allowing them both to enter it. She still had the knife open but held to her ample chest. She felt her skin prickle with heat, making her legs itch horribly as she stood there beside the stranger. The silence was almost deafening, her blood pumping wildly to the point her fingertips throbbed. Once the lift came to a stop, the doors opened to reveal her worse nightmare. She dodged behind the man beside her, causing him to jerk forward as he looked behind him to spy on her, his eyes going to the dark skinned man standing in front of him. “Excuse us, fellas.” He said as he lifted his arm to wrap protectively around the fragile female. “Well, hold up a second, partner. I believe you got something that belongs to me.” Jay’s voice came off friendly, yet he left no room for argument. For Tom, he took it as a small threat. He lifted his lips slightly as he scoffed under his breath, “I’m sorry, but I’m seeing my companion off for the night. She is of no property to you..” He spoke with a velvet tone, his eyes squinting slightly as he moved the girl behind him. “Now, again I say excuse us.” He moved to push her towards the door, remembering he had put his keys in his pocket on the way out from his dealers flat. “I said you have my bitch.” Jay’s attitude had changed, causing Tom and Piper to stop in their tracks. “Turn around before I shoot you where you stand.” He shouted, holding a glock in his hand as he pointed it tot he back of Toms head. Tom turned around, a grim expression on his face as he reached for the switchblade in the woman’s hand. “Now, the way I planned to have this night was to get some green, meet a beautiful woman, and go home. Not...beat the bloody hell out of four men.” He said as he eyeballed them all by one as he spoke. “You got a blade, man. I’ve got something that will stop you in your tracks with a squeeze.” Jay spoke venom, grinning slightly as he cocked the gun back, aiming more precisely. “You’re not gonna pull the damn trigger, mate. You’re gonna put it down. You’re gonna walk away. And you won’t stop us again.” Tom took a step forward until the gun was aimed directly at his forehead, “Do I make myself clear?” He murmured softly, deathly. Jay could see that the man in front of him was serious. Yet he couldn’t bring himself back off, the want to teach the bitch behind him was a bigger deal to him. His pride taking hold as he sucked his teeth loudly.

Before Piper could blink, it all unfolded in front of her. She heard the gunshot, she saw the man that protected her duck down, but what had really gotten her was the blood. The blood and a searing pain in her shoulder that brought her down to the floor. She grunted slightly, having not fulling comprehending what it was that was happening in front of her. Tom was up on his feet, the blade twirling expertly in his hand as he moved through the four men. His hand was stained with blood, his foot kicking the gun that fired the shot out of the thugs hand before he could fire off another one. “If I ever see you come near her again, I will have your fucking head on a platter.” He hissed as he jammed the blade deep into the mans stomach in a direction that could be healed, to leave a permanent reminder.

He put the blade in his pocket, rushing over to the fallen girl who held her shoulder with a look of pure panic on his face. “Shit. I have to get you to the hospital.” He whispered as he pulled the sleeve off his shirt off, ripping it so he could bind her wound. “No! No please, I have to get out of here. Please, he’ll find me.” She pleaded as she held onto him as he hoisted her up. “Don’t worry, okay? I’ll be right there beside you okay? Through the whole thing.” He carried her out of the building, rushing towards his car. He set her down, letting her lean against the car as he opened the passenger side door for her. “Alright, easy.” He muttered as he helped her in. He rushed to the drivers side, getting in quickly before starting the engine to life. He peeled out of his parking spot, speeding off down the street to the nearest hospital. “What’s your name?” He asked, trying to keep her conscious. “P-piper..names Piper.” She muttered softly as her head lulled to the side. “Well, Piper..I’m Tom.” He gripped the steering wheel tightly, a look so blank that even he couldn’t read it, “And you’re my property now.” He whispered.