Property.

Blinding.

Her eyes were heavy when she was finally able to feel herself wake up. She moved her head slightly, wishing she hadn't when the effects of a migraine assaulted her. Trying to move regardless seemed to be a difficult task, her arms and legs feeling as if they were made of lead. "Ugh.." She groaned softly as she opened her eyes, lightly blinding her instantly, "Shit." She muttered, holding her hand up to shield her eyes from the bright, artificial lights.

Finally able to adjust to her surroundings, her senses setting in as she looked around the small room he was in. What she could tell was that she was alone. Her clothes and other items sat in a chair on the other side of the room, monitors by her bed, and an attached bathroom to her left. She couldn't shake the throbbing in her shoulder, trying to ignore it so she could figure out where she was. Before she could sit up, the door to the room swung open, a man walking in with a tray full of food. "Oh, good. You're awake." He spoke with surprise as he walked towards the bed. "Who the fuck are ye?" She spat out, not necessarily meaning to, but she needed to know nonetheless. "I'm Tom...I..I helped you. You were shot." He explained to her as he set the tray on the table beside her bed. "Well, Tom. Where the hell am I?" She asked, using the same tone. Tom chuckled under his breath, sitting himself on the side of her bed. "Well, you're in my home. You asked not to be set up in the hospital, which was a wise decision, foolish though. But lucky for you, I have experience in the medical field." He smiled at her, trying to wear her attitude down before it got out of hand. "Piper, I'm just here to help." He squeezed her knee slightly before bringing the table to her bedside, adjusting it so the food was set in front of her. "Go ahead and eat and once you're done go ahead and press this button and I'll be back in. We can get you out of this bed, get you a shower and hopefully get you walking around." He said as he stood up from the bed. "I was just shot in the shoulder." She said, frowning slightly as to why he was babying her. "Ah you do remember a few things." He poked at her with a playful gaze. "We'll talk once you're done with your breakfast." He left the room without another word, causing Piper to silently fume at his words.

She was close to leaving and here she was playing 'doctor' with a man she's never met before. Why didn't he just take her to the hospital instead of bringing her to his house. She remembered talking to him in the car before she had passed out, what he said just as she drifted off though was something she couldn't remember. Try as she might, she couldn't recall his words to save her life. Sighing heavily, she adjusted herself so she could sit up, the throbbing in her shoulder reminding her to move slowly. She looked over the food, feeling her mouth water at the mere thought of sinking her teeth into the fresh foot that was gathered in a large bowl. She looked at the oatmeal, "Hmmph, first time a bowl of oats actually made me hungry." She said approvingly. She grabbed the glass of orange juice, taking a careful sip to ease the dryness in her mouth. She started to wake up fully as she took a plump strawberry and biting into it. The taste was sweet and bitter at the same time, both flavours melding perfectly together on her tongue. She took another bite, humming softly with delight as she popped the last bit into her mouth. She took a hold of the spoon beside the bowl full of oatmeal, dipping the silver into the the pale mixture. She brought the spoon to her mouth, sliding it onto her tongue before pulling it out. She was shocked at how sweet it was, the strong taste of vanilla dancing on her taste buds. "Wow, the mans got a strong hand for cookin'." She muttered as she took another spoonful of oatmeal.

The meal was done, her juice was gone, and a smile played on her face as she leaned back in her bed. After a few minutes of thought whirling around in her head before she finally pressed the button she was instructed to do after she was finished eating. Not even two minutes had passed before the door came open again, Toms face appearing with a smile on his face. "Enjoy your meal?" He asked as he moved the table away from the bed. "Yes, I did. Thank ye." She spoke with sincerity in her voice. "Well, for that I'm glad." He winked at her as he took a seat, "How do you feel about walking around?" He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Piper looked him up and down, noticing features about him that made him seem harder than he was acting. He wore jeans, his knees visible through shredded patches of denim. His shirt was white, but she could see parts of black script over his chest and shoulders. She took in a breath before smiling at him, "Aye, sounds like a good idea honestly. Can't feel me toes." She chuckled softly, earning one from him as he stood up. "Let me get you a robe." He said as he slipped into the bathroom, grabbing a sheer light blue robe. "Here we are." He said as he stepped to her bed. Piper pushed the blankets from her legs, noticing how bare they looked without the usual fishnet and purple stockings that became a permanent part of her wardrobe. She swung her legs over the side of the bed, wincing slightly as her shoulder ached at the sudden movement. "Careful, now. Should be still tender." Tom spoke softly as he draped the robe over her shoulders. "Here just slip your good arm through here and I'll help with the other." He said as he helped her with her left arm, careful not to move it too much so he didn't cause her shoulder anymore discomfort. "There we go..Perfect." He held onto her hands as she pushed herself onto her feet. They felt swollen and tight the minute she got to the standing position. "Ugh, how long was I out for?" She asked as she took a step, faltering slightly as if she had never walked before. "You've been out for two days." Tom said as he put his hand on her lower back to keep her stable. "Damn..What a race." She joked as she held her left arm, steadying herself as she shook her hair out of her face.

They walked out of the room, Tom moving her towards a old looking lift. He opened the lift by pushing the door open for them both to step inside. "How old is this thing?" She asked as she looked at the shining metal, "I don't recall ever seeing something like this. Not in a place like this." She noted as she held onto the railing beside her. "I had it installed when I bought the house. Figured if I was ever going to use that room, at least the lift would make it easier than the stairs." He shut the cage door, pressing a red button that brought the instrument to life. She watched as the floor began to move lower as they moved up, feeling her head swim slightly when they were brought into surrounding darkness. Out of fear she reached for his hand, her breathing catching in her throat. "Oh, hey, it's alright. Just two more floors and we'll be at top level. I'm right here." He put his arm around her again to bring her just a little bit closer. She couldn't help but take in a sharp breath, his scent filling her senses as she moved into his side. His cologne was spicy yet even out into sandlewood that made her eyes cross on their own accord. His arm felt strong against her small frame, his side just as hard to the touch.

She looked up, seeing light peak through the opening once the lift got higher. It came to a stop when it met evenly with the opening, allowing Tom to open the lift door to let them walk into the foyer of his home. "Here we are, top level and everything." He said as he helped her step onto the marble flooring. "Home, sweet home." He said as he looked at her with a reassuring smile. Piper scrunched her brows at him, looking around the white walls and black decal. "But...This is your home. Not mine..I'm just a guest." She said, unsure of how his thought process worked. Tom chuckled dryly as he suddenly dropped his arms to his side. "See, I knew you were forgetting something when you woke up." He rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes seeming to shift as she stared at him. Piper shook her head, taking a step back as she tried to comprehend what exactly he was getting at. "Look, ye helped me out an' I appreciate it, I do. But I need to leave. I have people waiting for me in Brooklyn so I can go home." She said, panic rising in her voice as his face grew harder. "Piper Evelyn McCray. You're the third daughter of Michael and Margaret McCray. Two sisters, three brothers. All of which have lost their lives to war or their relationship with the real IRA. You came to the states on an expired Visa, taking refuge in the prostitution ring where you worked for a Jason Roberts. The same man that you were running from two days ago before you were given that bullet wound." He came up to her, holding her shoulders tightly. His thumb dug into her injured shoulder, causing her to yell out in pain, "Now, from that understanding you're not going anywhere." He let her go then, causing her to fall flat on her ass in a heap. "I got in touch with Jay's father. The real man behind the business you worked for. Believe it or not but human trafficking is still very much alive." He crouched down in front of her, "Now you can take this information and take it as it is. Or we're going to have a very, big problem." He lifted her head up by her chin, her eyes filled to the brim with tears, "Understand?" He whispered softly, dropping her head and standing up. She heaved a heavy sob, watching as his feet walked away from her. "I'll have a maid help you to your room. As of right now, I have some things to take care of." He turned on his heal, walking away from her more, "Welcome home, pet." was his last words before he disappeared behind two white doors, leaving her still in a heap on the polished floors.