Property.

Reasoning.

The maid that had helped Piper up to her room was very sweet. She was able to aid her up the stairs to her room, barely causing her any sort of discomfort. She had later learned that the maid's name was Julia. She had been Tom's maid for quite a while, never once leaving the grounds seeing as she was practically sold to him to work off a debt.

"What does he do around here? Doesn't he have a woman to keep him sated?" Piper asked as she went through her bag Julia was so eager to retrieve for her. "Unfortunately, I haven't a clue of the masters business. He's a very private man." Julia said as she began to run Piper a steaming hot bath. "Ye really don't have to do that. I'm perfectly capable of drawing me own bath, dear." She tried to stop the girl from putting anything else in the bath before she could do anymore. "With all due respect, Miss. But your the masters lady. I have to abide by any rules he has ordered of me. And his first one before your little mishap in the foyer, I was assigned to care for you until your shoulder has fully healed, ma'am." Julia said, giving Piper the impression that she was only bound by the same fate the girl was bound to. The thought made Pipers stomach churn, making her shake her head to rid herself of the sudden nausea.

"Miss, do you need anything else?" Julia asked, touching the redheads arm gently. Piper just simply nodded her head, "Aye, uhm..That'll be all. I'd like to be alone right now." she managed to put a mall smile on her face, trying to get the girl out of her room before she made a proper fool of herself by getting sick. Julia nodded her head before setting out a large, white towel on the toilet beside the large garden tub. "I'll be in the kitchen preparing dinner." She said as she walked out of the bathroom, closing the two doors behind her before she left the room all together. Piper waited for the second door to close before she doubled over the toilet. The only meal she had was the fruit and oatmeal that Tom had prepared for her. And there it was, mixed in a hideous combination in the toilet. She stood up, groaning as she began to strip out of her robe and gown. She looked at herself in the mirror, shocked to see that her face was void of any makeup, her piercings were taken out, and her shoulder was bandaged up perfectly. She could see the bags under her eyes, leaving her with the feeling of extreme exhaustion.

She slipped into the hot water, wincing as her skin stung from the contact. She felt her bandages pull on her skin, making her reach over and pull them off. She gritted her teeth as the tape pulled on her skin as she peeled it off. She looked at the wound, admiring how clean the stitching was. What she thought was just a bullet hole, turned out to be a single straight line. She had no way of knowing how to care for such wound properly, so her expression was true confusion as she ran her fingertips over the tender skin of her shoulder. She could make out a circular bruise by the stitching, remembering how Tom had completely flipped a switch on her. "Last time I let a man have power over me." She muttered as she began to bath herself.

She sat on the edge of the four poster bed that lied in the middle of the room. She had taken it upon herself to put her piercings back into their proper places. She had decided to pull on a pair of light wash jeans and her red, sleeveless flannel. She piled her red hair on top of her head, letting wisps of hair down to frame her face. She moved back into the bathroom with her makeup bag, deciding she needed to look more human than zombie. She put very little powder on her face, along with light, pale pink blush on her cheeks. She spread black eyeliner on her top eyelids, forming it into her usual cat eyes before applying mascara on her lashes. She primped herself before she felt satisfied enough with her appearance. She exited her bathroom, setting her makeup bag on the chase in front of her bed. When she looked up, she gasped loudly, jumping at least a foot in the air. Tom smirked softly as he sat on the edge of her bed, his back pressed against the headboard. "Sorry if I frightened you." He smiled at her, acting as if what happened in the foyer hadn't taken place at all. Piper crossed her arms over her chest, looking down at her bare feet as she stood at the end of the bed. "I want to apologize for earlier. It was not intention of mine to cause you any pain." He stood up then, making Piper shrink away from him, "Please. Just hear me out." He murmured as he stepped towards her. "I'm not a fuckin' toy. I have people who know me. They'll know if something happened to me." She blurted out as she dropped her arms at her sides. She looked up at him, watching as his face grew stony yet again. "You put the bars back in." He noted as he lifted a hand to rub against his chin. "Aye, I am an adult. I can do what I please, that includes shoving metal rods in me face." She quipped as she squared her shoulders despite the sudden throbbing.

Tom sucked on his teeth then, looking to the side before he looked back at her. "I took those out for a reason. They're not you. I don't like them." He stepped towards her, noticing how the curvy redhead stand her ground. He chuckled dryly before he snatched her forward by grabbing the back of her head. "You have makeup on and you put on those rags." He spoke at her as if she were a small child who should have known better. "Let go of me." Piper managed to get out, her right hand gripping his wrist as he gripped her hair tightly, her left hand gripping his shirt. Tom searched her face, his eyes holding something that Piper couldn't pick up on. Against her better judgment, she reached up and touched his cheek. His cheek was rough from his stubble, he hadn't shaved in a few days from what she gathered. His resolve started to crumble, his grip loosening as the girl cupped the side of his face as if she were trying to communicate with the monster within him. "I'll allow the clothes, the piercings. But, I won't put up with any sort of attitude." He spoke softly as he pulled his hand from her hair, moving it to brush a wisp of hair from her face. "It will all become a little easier once the days go by. You'll see." He whispered, his eyes softening slightly as his thumb rubbed against her cheek. Piper shook her head, "I want to know how you know all these things about me." She whispered as she dropped her hand from his wrist to his waist, the position deeming intimate for the second that she was able to calm him. "In due time." He whispered as he pressed his lips against her forehead. "For right now. Dinner is ready." He dropped his hands then, causing Piper to drop hers as well. He took a step back, offering his hand to her. When she took it, he pulled her with him as he exited the room.

He walked her down the stair case, noticing how she was able to fully move, even with an injured shoulder. Taking note at how her ample chest bounced with each step she took. When they reached the end of the stairs, he dropped her hand to bring her forth so she entered the dining room first. He moved her towards the head of the long mahogany table, pulling the chair beside the head out for her to sit. "I'm not going to bite, Piper. Not yet." He whispered in her ear as she faltered to sit immediately. Piper swallowed hard before she nodded her head, taking her sit. He sat down, pulling his chair up so he could sit comfortably behind the table. The food that was set in front of her by one of the maids made her stomach growl. Baked chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. "Eat, it'll taste better than it smells." Tom managed to sound as he popped a slice of chicken into his mouth. Without hesitation, Piper dug into her food. How he was able to have such delicious food was something that confused her. He didn't seem like the clean cut type. A man around his age wouldn't have maids or a lavish house as the one she found herself in.

"What exactly do ye do?" She finally asked as she took a sip of her water beside her plate. Tom chewed his food slowly as he looked up at her, he dabbed his mouth with a napkin before he opened his mouth, "I'm a very powerful man. That's all you need to know." He stood up from the table, having finished his meal before she did. "Finish your meal and meet me in my office. We have to go over a few things before you can get too comfortable." He leaned down to press a soft kiss to her hairline. "Eat." Was his last words before he left the dining room.