Wilwarin

One.

Rivendell is a place that she never thought that she would ever visit. Yet then again, she never thought that she would be part of a company consisting of thirteen dwarves, a hobbit and Gandalf The Grey, the wizard who requested her attendance for this quest.

The young woman now sits on a grassy hilltop by her lonesome, looking up at the stars in a lavender silk evening dress that she (reluctantly) wore out of respect for the elves that so kindly allowed them to stay.

"Who knew that a master swordswoman of Gondor liked to stargaze," she hears a low voice from behind her. She smiles, for she knows who it is and feels no need to sit up and turn around. This woman and Thorin Oakenshield much to the surprise of all in the company became very good friends as their journey progressed. "You should not be alone here," he says quietly as he steps closer to her. She felt the animosity he has towards the elves that allowed them to stay as he said this to her.

"And YOU must know that it isn't very nice to sneak up on a woman all alone," she replies quickly, looking up at him, trying to calm him down. A small grin appears on his face as he beings to sit down next to her. "Sure, of course you may sit down without my permission!" She states with a large hint of sarcasm in her voice.

She watches as he lays down next to her, the soft fabric of his tunic brushing against her shoulder. He looks down at their feet, and laughs.

"Truly, I forget that you have no dwarf blood coursing through those veins. You are so tiny," he says to her as he taps his foot against hers. She crosses her arms over her chest, and sighs. It was indeed true that the girl stood just a bit shorter than him.

"Hey! I'm still taller than Bilbo! And my lack of facial hair should be a dead giveaway," she exclaims, and he responds with a nod as he chuckles. A comfortable silence settles between them, and then her eyes go wide as sees something. "Oh, Thorin! Look up there!" She happily points up at the stars with her delicate hand. "My mother always used to say those right there...that they were my stars," she says quietly.

Thorin searches for the stars that she speaks of, and looks to her. "Which ones, exactly?" He asks her. She takes his hand and guides it to a constellation in the sky, hoisting it up as his as she could. She makes a circle with his finger, and their hands drop onto her stomach. "And what is it called?"

"Wilwarin," she replies. "My mother named me after those stars. She was able to see them so vividly from her window the night I was born. People also call it 'The Butterfly'. She told me that Wilwarin's been up there forever. Since the First Age, actually. It is said that Wilwarin brought light and hope to all the elves, and now brings light and hope to all who see it now," Wilwarin says quietly as she still looks to the sky.

Thorin takes this time to look at her...to really look at her. He notices that the light purple coloring of the dress combined with the moonight amplified the paleness of her smooth skin. He's slowly losing himself in the glow that she has taken on this night, and her long auburn waves of hair that just passed her bust. He suddenly feels ever so tempted to run his fingers through it and braid it, to call her his own.

"The name...it fits you well," he says to her as if in a daze, which he surely was in. Wilwarin feels something in her tiny hand, and remembers as she looks down that Thorin is still holding her hand. And not only is he holding it, he is brushing his thumb over the back of her's, which results in a blush forming on her cheeks. "Oh, pink is a nice color on you!" He states making her sit up, take her hand out of his and smack him on his stomach, earning her a big 'mmph' from the man laying next to her. She goes to do it again, and he quickly grabs her hand and pulls her into his chest.

Wilwarin looks up into the striking blue eyes of the King Under The Mountain, and smiles. She scoots up higher, and places a kiss on his cheek, almost so quickly that he couldn't register what happened. She quickly sits up again, and runs her hands through her hair.

"Thorin, I'm so sorry!" She says as she goes to get up off of the ground. She stopped by him grabbing hand, and pulling her back down. Wilwarin ends up landing directly on Thorin's chest, her face inches from his own.

"You missed," he replies, smirking up at her as he tucks strands of her hair behind her tiny ears. His hand reaches the back of her neck, and he pulls her into a kiss which she gladly returns after snapping out of her shock. Her hands rest on his chest as their kiss builds up from one of innocence to passion. She pulls away from him and rests her forehead against his.

"Thorin, I--" she goes to speak, and her words get caught in her throat, being both happy and scared of what was going on between the two. "We should...talk about this," she says to him.

"Alright," he says as he lifts her a bit to move out from underneath her. The two of them sit up together, and he takes his hand into her own. "I am a dwarf man. You are a human woman. You are also a beautiful, strong, kind and intelligent woman, who much like the stars you are named after, bring light and hope to whoever see you. Amrâlimê, you are my One, and nothing will change that," he says to her, and she stares at him, trying to find words to describe how she's feeling. "Wilwarin-"

Wilwarin stops him with her lips colliding with his. She grabs the collar of his navy blue tunic, trying to get him as close to her as possible. He moves himself on top of her, holding her by the waist, as she runs his hands through his hair. She smiles against his lips as she hears a moan escape his as her nails massage his scalp. He pulls away from her and quickly gets up off the ground.

"Is something wrong?" She asks him, getting up off of the ground with him.

"It seems that I have forgotten that we were outside..." Thorin says to her as he takes her hand in his and begins to walk. "And I would like to spend our time alone...in a more private place. Like my room, perhaps?" He says as he quickens his pace. She laughs and responds with a nod.

"Alright, my King Under The Mountain--AH!" She yelps as he hoists her over his shoulder, laughing the whole way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written fiction like this in a while. When I was on quizilla, I used to write Harry Potter fanfic like it was my job. But the last two or three years, I've been obsessing and raving over LOTR and The Hobbit and even The Silmarillion. I read all the books, and watched all the films. This is my first stab at writing a Hobbit fic. Hope you guys like it!