Status: Complete

Destined

Destined

WARNING: This story contains suicide

____________________________

There was a girl walking slowly down street, her black hair fell down her uncovered shoulders, and the black dress she wore contrasted with her death-like pale skin, making her look like a drowned girl, her face was covered by tears that ran out of her big sad eyes.

She had a little bottle held tight in her delicate hands, and walked quietly while stealing quick glances at the gloomy view, above her, the lifeless darkness of the night fell joylessly down the trees, like a mantle of shadows.

Even if slowly, the girl determinately walked to the trees that would take her faster to her destination. She was so shrouded in her own pain, that the mere view of her gave off her depressive aura.

Soon she was walking in between the trees, while surrounded by the hopeless darkness, the breeze touched her face lightly, like the rustling of a bat's wings, the girl muttered softly, plaintive...

"I can't, I can't..."

She murmured the words like a chant, humming while going through the dead forest, the dry branches twisting like inhuman hands in her long hair. A few times, she had the feeling that she saw eyes glowing in the thick mist that covered her heels, like she was being watched.The wind whistled and blew in waves around tormented girl, its whistles seemed to turn into voices, gloomy whispers that gave her blood-curdling chills, she suddenly stopped. That voice... she knew that voice. Loud, desperate sobs were ripped from her throat when she cried harder and harder for a while. When she finally calmed herself, she resumed her slow pace, still whispering her chant.

"I can't, I just... can't."

Her low voice resonates around her, showing off its brokenness, her black dress revolves around her with the wind, giving her a ghostly appearance.

Then she got there - the cemetery – with its graves spread all around. The place was terrifying, she walked in between the graves, feeling like the ones who were there burried accompained her. She stopped unexpectedly, her eyes – glassy like the dead's – stared at the face of a handsome boy that now stood in front of her, his black eyes watched her intently.

"Jake..." she whispered still in shock.

He got closer and brushed her cheek with the back of his hand. He was really pale, his dark hair was messy, he couldn't be more than two years older than the girl. The wind blowing so strongly that it seemed to be almost supernatural and the guy had an weird aura around him, like he was wrapped in some pale blue light, an aura of helplessness.

As suddenly as he came, he was gone, striding in between the graves, getting out of sight when he got too far. Raven went in the same direction, resuming her walk like she was never interrupted and still humming.

When she finally got to her destination, she looked around to the scary, gloomy place, and read the name on the gravestone:

Nicholas Jacob Spencer

More tears came down her tormented face.

"I missed you, my love, life doesn't mean anything without you, everything feels so cold, empty and hopeless."

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around, Jake stared at her. His pale skin glowed in the moonlight. Tears ran down Raven's face while she stared at the one who was taken from her, she remembered like it was yesterday... A stormy night, the car crash caused by a drunk driver... the lights from the police cars and ambulances were so bright through the heavy rain, Jake seemed to be asleep on the floor, but he would never open his eyes again...

It took her a while to stop sobbing, while her dead boyfriend gazed at her sorrowfully.

"I missed you, angel. It's been so long since I last saw your beautiful eyes" he said quietly, his black eyes sparkled.

"I missed you too, but we'll be together from now on..." she whispered while opening her little bottle and drinking all of its content, she had already accepted it, she felt destined, destined to Jake, forever... She felt the life leave her body slowly and lay down on her lover's grave, with her blurred vision she could still see him crouching beside her, crying for seeing her like that, his lovely girl.

She was still staring at Jake when she died, slowly and painless, the light slowly left her eyes.

The supernatural wind kept blowing on the dreary night, while on the grave of a young man, laid the dead body of a girl that couldn't live without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please, let me know what you think =)