Laces and Lies

Princess Yris

Princess Yris hurried out of the room not wanting to look at her father. How could he do this, how could he ship his daughters off to another kingdom? The questions rolled around in her mind as she hurried out of the castle and into the garden where she could collect her thoughts and hopefully calm down.

A scream of frustration broke from her lips as she kicked the pavement and cursing loudly not caring who heard. She was mad! She knew that if she got it all out now it would be easier for her to calm down.

Once her tantrum drew to a close and she had a clearer mind, she plonked down on one of the stone benches and looked around at the brightly coloured flowers that decorated the garden, their sweet fragrances filling her sense of smell and easing her mind.

The garden was something her mother had been given as gift; she had been told stories of her. How beautiful and kind she had been to everyone. Yris wished to be like her mother but Grace had been blessed with her beauty and kindness; Yris however had inherited her hot-headedness and short temper from her father. That was why the two constantly clashed.

As she sat in the garden she allowed her thoughts to wander to her mother, the faint but fond memories she had of the woman with hair as dark as night, that fell to her waist in loose curls, her eyes were bright blue and full of life and happiness. Queen Edyth was always smiling, a bright smile that was infectious. Yris could remember going into the city with her mother watching as her smile caused everyone around her to light up and smile with happiness.

“Yris!” The brunette heard her sister calling her name. She didn’t reply. She wanted time alone, she wanted to collect her thoughts and think about what was going to take place in the near future, how both she and her sister will be shipped off into the Azerothean territory where she would be forced to marry the cousin of the King's son. “Yris!” Grace called again, “Where are you?” The young princess slouched down on the bench to conceal her hiding spot and hope that her sister would leave her alone.

It wasn’t too much longer until her sister stopped calling for her so Yris assumed she had returned to the castle. As Yris sat on the bench her thoughts began to wander to the prince and his cousin. She had heard tales of Prince Rhys: he was a spoiled brat who got what he wanted when he wanted. His parents had showered him with whatever he wanted without batting an eyelash. People like that caused her blood to boil. The red-head was certain he had no idea of the constant struggle his people were in or even if he would care. Yris assumed he wouldn’t.

However the princess wondered about this cousin. There had been very little talk about him except that he and the prince we like brothers. However Yris had never seen a portrait of the man so she had no face to put to his name.

Izeekiel.

The few things she knew about him was that he was related to the prince through his father’s side therefore baring the same name as the royal highness. Other than that she knew nothing more of him.

As she sat there she wondered if he was different to Rhys. If he was mature, if he been taught right and wrong from a young age, whether or not he was strong like the men in the family. If he could wield a sword as well as the noblest of knights. If he was cultured and gifted with knowledge or maybe he was simply a carbon copy of his cousin. Spoiled and unawares of the goings on in their kingdom.

As she sat there she noticed the sun slowly sinking in the sky, knowing it was time to return to the castle. She did so, even though she didn’t want to see her father at this moment with his choice of what he wanted to do with both Grace and herself.

She snuck into the castle cutting through the kitchen where several handmaidens were scurrying around getting things ready for the serving of dinner; the cook was slaving over a hot stove. There were words thrown around that the princess had never heard before. As soon as they noticed they ceased the language and went back to working silently.

Yris walked up the several flights of stairs into her room, pulling the door closed. She lit a candle and threw herself onto her bed, burying her face in her goose feathered pillows and resisting the urge to scream again. She wouldn’t be attending dinner, in protest, instead she would stay in her room and think over how she could get both her and her sister out of the planned marriages.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there readers. It has been so long since this story has been updated and I am so sorry for the wait but it is here now...

So please enjoy
Cheers Esther :)