Status: Just getting started! Weekly updates

Future Lover

Chapter II

"You've been oddly quite. Are you sick?"

She sipped on her cup of tea, as she laid on the couch, with him on the ground next to her. She hadn't said a word since that morning in the bathroom.

"W-who are you?" she managed to muttered as she looked into his dark green eyes.

He burst out laughing at her silly question, placing his hand on her leg. She eyed his hand and saw also a ring on his ring finger.

"Are we..." she looked at her own hand and then at his.

"Ah, yes, that I know of" he smiled placing a kiss on her forehead and getting up from the carpet.

"But...how? How come I can't remember anything? And where are we?"

A worry look took over his face as he sat on the couch next to her feet.

"Did you hit your head this morning, in the bathroom? I don't understand why you’re acting this way Soph, really, if you’re trying to play a prank on me, it's not funny"

She shook her head, on the edge of tears.

"Don't cry, please. Just.... sit up, come here” he grabbed her by the arm softly and brought her to him, embracing her.

"I love you, you just need to get some more rest" he murmured into her hair.

Sophie closed her eyes tightly wishing things would go back to what they were when she opened them again.

"Just stay home today and get some rest. I'll go to the meeting on my own, and I'll see you when I get back"

She just nodded, going with the flow. Maybe she did need some rest.

Her eyes still closed, she felt a soft kiss on her forehead and the sound of footsteps making their way out of the room.

.......................

The sound of a vacuuming machine woke her up. The clock above the large T.V. set indicating it was quarter past five.

It took her a few minutes to remember the reason for her much needed nap. Fixing her messy hair back into a bun, she made her way down the hallway in search of the stairs she had went down this morning.

She froze when she heard a sound coming from what seemed to be the kitchen. White tiled floor matching with a white counter.

"Oh, Mrs... did I wake you up? I'm so sorry. Would you like anything to eat? A coffee?"

Who was this Asian woman? Her attire seemed to imply she was a housekeeper.

But since when did she have a housekeeper? Since when did she have a house?

"Ahh...yes. Some coffee and toasts would be nice. Thank you."

Just play along.

The petite woman in front of her nodded, making her way towards the coffee machine, as Sophie proceeded to look for the stairs. After a few wrong turns and back and forth she found the same flight of stairs and made her way up to the room she had awakened in.

What was she looking for?

She wasn't quite sure.

Maybe a picture, a phone, anything that would help her understand what was going on. Just as her eyes scattered all over the room looking for something that might be of help, a soft melody started playing.

The cellphone on one of the night stands was had lighten up at what appeared to be a call. She approached it, seeing the name Matt over a picture of the guy from earlier. She hesitated to answer it, but seeing as she had already been in contact with him in person, answered anyways.

"Hello..."

"Soph! I´d just call to see if you were feeling better. And to let you know I´ll be picking some Fairwood on the way home, I should be there in less than an hour."

After reassuring she was in fact feeling better and ending the call, she held the phone in her hands. This should give her some answers.

Scrolling down the contacts list, she found a much larger amount of names than she remembered having just yesterday.

Matt
Matt’s mom
Mom

Mom?

Unconsciously hitting the call button, she breathe heavily as it rang.

"Hello?"

"Mom?"

"Sophie! How are you sweetie? Is everything alright?"

She chatted the next few minutes with who she considered to be one of her closest friends.

"What do you mean where are you?" her mom let out a soft laugh on the other side of the line.

"Did you drink again?" her mom continued.

Sophie faked a laugh, changing subject asking her mom how her dad was doing. After a few more minutes of chit chat, they said their goodbyes and agreed to talk again on the weekend.
Well that was helpful...

As she headed back downstairs to the kitchen to, she caught sight of what seem to be an office room.

Internet. Of course. Internet knew everything.

Typing her name into the Google search bar she hoped this would give her some answers. Impressed by how many results turned up for her name, she started opening the first five links in new tabs, just in case. She never doubted that there were other Sophie Van der ... in the world.

- Young millionaire couple to establish official headquarters in Hong Kong -

She frowned, hoping that it wouldn't be so hard to find something about herself online. But out of curiosity scrolled down to read the complete article, beneath a photo of what she assumed was Hong Kong's financial district.

"34 year old Mathew Arrington and Sophie Van der Woodsen, 31, have said goodbye to American ground to establish themselves temporally in one of Asia´s biggest cities in hopes of expanding their 1.2 billion, and growing, company."

What??

She continue to scroll down, ignoring the remains of the text and just focusing on the photos like the short attention span sufferer she was.

To her surprise, there was a photo of herself, only with shorter hair and a lighter shade of blonde. Holding hands with the men from earlier.

She reached up to loosen her hair out of the bun it had been in since she had woken up. Taking some strands in her hand and stretching them in front of her eyes she noticed the lighter shade and shorter length just like the photo in front of her.

Hm. So what...she had somehow travelled in time? No way. That´s not possible. Or is it?

"Here you are!" the male voice from before caused her to jump, quickly closing the opened window in the screen in front of her.

"You ok, Soph?" his eyes seemed tired and a little concern as she turned around to face him.

"Yeah, I´m fine. Let´s eat something, I´m starving" she lied, playing along.

After all, what else could she continue to do? Nothing but that, unless she wanted to be locked away in some mental hospital. Besides why should she even bother to figure out what happened? It´s not like she was dying to go back to her life situation as she had known it yesterday.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was a bit rusty, sorry.

Starting out a story it always the most difficult part for me, but I'm getting some more ideas for this, so I might update twice a week.

I'd love some feedback or just general thoughts. Thanks for reading.