The Biotic Computational Matrix (BCM)

Allison's Report

The following article is for the eyes of Blue level access ONLY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----
--
-
Executive Dr. Allison Mercy
October 23rd
2072
Davison-Mercy Corporation Executive Branch A, B, C, E, G
Biotic Computational Matrix Full Report_page16

....The Biotic Computational Matrix (or BCM for short) is possibly the most advanced computer that the USCS will ever have access to.
This is no ordinary computer, however. The BCM, unlike normal transistor-based computers, relies on many complex qualities and procedures such as Quantum entanglement and superpositioning. It runs over ten times faster than any other known computer on Earth or even for that matter, in space influenced by or created by humans.

Even with all of this said, the BCM is in no way complete... Due to it's sheer data-crunching and quantum capacities unmatched by any other A.I imaginable, the BCM requires more than simple drives or modules to run appropriately. The BCM requires the fusing of human or living beings (subjects) in order to run properly. This isn't a simple terminal where you hook in via augmentation signal - this requires a full integration of the subject's living and working brain. Through years of testing and failed reports, we have at last begun to properly implement these demands for the BCM in order for it to run. Many (mostly) female subjects have successfully survived the surgery of spine replacement and brain re-evaluation in order to be fully implemented into the BCM. What they are experiencing is more than anything we could ever imagine - plentiful enormous amounts of data, raw or otherwise, being sent to and from their brains at break-neck speeds per second.

Due to the nature of the BCM, the subjects do not survive for very long once they are fully integrated into the system. Tests have shown that they do not live for longer than 2 - 3 years after normal usage of the BCM and it is for this reason that more and more subjects are needed every 5 years or so. Roughly 2 subjects are necessary for a fully functioning BCM. One for background intelligence control and one for dispatch and voicing. One of the subjects will dictate commands appropriately to anything (or anyone) it is connected to, while the other will run the command and implement it properly through the appropriate connections.

Each subject fully integrated into the BCM is required, at ALL times, to wear the D&M Mark 4 Heated Environment Slim-Suit due to the extremely warm nature of the BCM's interior hub. If the subjects are too warm (or for that matter even too cool) they will surely die within 24-48 hours time in a rather painful way. They must be accurately stabilized 72 degrees Fahrenheit (or 22 degrees Celsius) for not only will the subject's body and brain fail, but the BCM will receive and then eventually output incorrect or corrupted data. The BCM's information itself can easily be accessed by a 3rd party who does NOT have to be integrated into the computer itself. This, however, requires at least two ample subjects currently fully integrated into the BCM. With this, anyone with the proper augmentation and access level may see into the BCM and it's data - as well as, if need be, communicate appropriately to any of the subjects via a text interface.

Not going into too much detail, the surgery required before the subject may be fully integrated into the BCM is known to be very painful and volatile, and in most cases only female subjects survive the operations - however with the correct patience and tools a male subject can easily be integrated, as well. The subject must be clear of ANY and ALL augmentations, enhancing, medical or otherwise. If the genetic make-up then fits within the parameters, step one may begin for total integration. The first step towards integration is the removal of the subject's spine and replaced with a base plate that allows for connection from the BSM main drive to the subject's brain. The base plate that replaces the natural spine is a metal molding mask that integrates itself into the subject's flesh. This will allow, for when the subject is laid within the BCM, for the computer to physically connect and integrate itself into the subject's body and gain access to his/her brain, where it will store and take information. The frontal lobe and temporal lobe of the subject's brain must then be modified (or if need be, replaced) with the Mark 2 BCM compliance and regulator augment chips, then hard wired directly into the new spine plating.

If the subject were to survive this process (1/3 chance) then they are to be fitted immediately into a D&M Mark 4 Heated Environment Slim-Suit, then placed in a cryo-hygenic stasis pod for transfer to the BCM. The subject, once arrived at the BCM, will be placed within one of the drone spheres on each direction of the BCM (North, East, South and West spheres), their spine fitting in like a puzzle piece into the integral transition module. After the sphere is shut with the subject within, a node will shine upon the BCM's U.I, ready to either dictate and data manage (if two or more) or simply data manage.

I can see this technology being of great use to our stations and ships out there for the USCS. I strongly believe that this project will be ready for use by 2077. I have such high hopes and so many ideas - Davison and Mercy could become heroes and god-sends on Earth and all over the galaxy perhaps if this kind of break through is successful. Imagine what could be done... Imagine what diseases we could cure - what kind of home we could leave for our children... Our ancestors will smile upon us as technology likes this saves humanity - curing cancer, world hunger, poverty... The possibilities are in fact endless.

-
--
----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Executive Dr. Allison Mercy
October 23rd
2072
Davison-Mercy Corporation Executive Branch A, B, C, E, G
Biotic Computational Matrix Full Report_page17