Status: One shot completed

Red and White

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.

Maude knew that she had an anger problem. It first made an appearance in primary school and her parents made sure to stamp it out. Over the years and regular therapy sessions, it looked as if Maude was cured. During her teenage years, the problem appeared on the odd occasion but it was mainly put down due to hormones, Maude was calm and in control.

In the summer of ‘79, at the mere age of eighteen Maude met her husband Thomas Carey, a devilishly handsome man in his second year of law at Cambridge University. The two soon entered a relationship and were married in the late spring of ‘83. What followed were five years of blissful marriage and climbing careers. Tom became an establish lawyer and Maude was the head of fashion in a well-known retail store. They were the picture perfect couple with the white picket fence.

Maude always wanted to keep well-kept appearance in the public eye, she dressed to impress and always with a red lip. At a dinner party with her close friends, one friend pulled her aside and mentioned that there were rumours that Tom had been working late and there were possible issues with the marriage (this wasn’t helped by the lack of children). Maude laughed the rumours off but made sure to address the situation with Tom when he arrived at home later that evening. Tom put it down to a hellish schedule at work and Maude thought nothing of it. Yet the rumours persisted.

It was a cold evening in December of ’89 and Maude took it upon herself to surprise Tom at his office. Dressed in her favourite white dress and red lipstick she aimed to make Tom want to come home.
However, Tom was not alone.
His secretary was getting rather up close and personal with Tom on his desk. The next few weeks at the Carey household was tense, yet Maude forgave Tom.
Shortly after the New Year, Tom told Maude he was heading up their house in the Lake District with his pal to do some finishing (this often happened) but since the affair Maude’s suspicions had gotten the better of her.

Three hours later, Maude arrived at the house and let herself in. She heard shrills and giggles from the hallway and the red mist descended. No amount of therapy lessons would help her, Tom had betrayed her once again. Grabbing the knife from the pristine kitchen, she ascended the stairs to the master bedroom. In her bed, lay the secretary wrap in Maude’s silky white sheets. The shower was running, Tom was washing away the affair. The secretary looked terrified and Maude wasted no time in spilling blood onto the white sheets. The water stopped, Tom stepped out of the ensuite dressed in a towel, and Maude was ready for him. Her husband did not even have the chance to scream before his blood was spilled. The whole affair lasted less than half an hour but as Maude wiped the blood from the knife she glanced in the mirror and couldn’t help but think she looked great in red.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all the comments, I have updated this spelling and grammar wise (if I have missed anything apologises). I am considering writing more about Maude and her story.