Status: in progress

Shanghai

Ch 1

Kellin sighed as he sat at the bar while he swirled his Sprite in it. He wasn't old enough to drink yet but he could pretend. It was a rough day in college; three, two hour lectures with the first one starting at eight a.m.. and the last one ending at five p.m.. To say it was hectic was an understatement.

“Hey, this is for you.” The bartender said.

“Oh no, I didn’t order anything.” Kellin replied.

“I know. The gentleman over there,” he gestured towards the back part of the bar, causing Kellin to turn back. “Ordered it for you.”

There was a guy with long armpit length hair that lightly curled from the middle down the ends. He was nice looking with tan skin and a smirk resting on his slightly aged face.

Kellin turned back around and looked at the bartender. “I’m good thank you. Tell him I’m not interested.”

“He doesn’t take no for an answer.”

“So you know him?” Kellin asked with amusement.

“Yeah,” the bartender replied. “His name is Pablo.”

“For a cute face he sure has an ugly name.” the bartender just smiled and shook his head while he cleaned the glasses. “So if he doesn’t take no for an answer, are you saying I’m not the first person he’s bought a drink for?”

“Um,” the bartender said. “He likes one night stands.”

“How do you know so much about him?”

“He’s my friend. The name’s Alex.” The bartender, Alex, said sticking his hand out.

“Hi.” Kellin replied, shaking his hand.

“Not gonna tell me your name?”

“Nope, but I have to go and if I ever come back and your friend is here, tell him to come talk to me next time.” With that, Kellin paid for his unfinished drink and walked towards the exit.

Behind him, Alex looked over to his friend who had a raised eyebrow as if asking what happened. Alex shook his head and continued on with his work.

“How’d it go brother?”

“Not good Mikey, not good.” He said with a sigh. “It seems like everyone is so cautious about what they consume now and it makes it harder to get them.”

“Did Alex get a name?” he shook his head. “Do you know what he looks like?”

“Yeah, go to the backroom and look at the tapes. Alex marked it.”

“Ok, I’ll go check it out.” Mike walked off and went to go find the boy his older brother wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is short but it will hopefully get longer as I continue.