Status: in progress

Shanghai

Ch 6

Kellin sat with his knees drawn close to his chest with his eyes peeping over them. He was forced into the back of the van with Mike. The glare he stared at Mike with was channeling the hatred he felt towards him. And to make matters worse, he was starving. Whenever his stomach would grumble, Mike would glance at him. At one point, Mike slid a pack of Nature Valley bars towards him, only to be ignored by Kellin. There was a water bottle that rolled against Kellin’s foot as the van moved, that was also slid to him by Mike. But he’s mad, more than mad, at Mike so every nice thing he tried doing to Kellin is going being ignored.

“Kellin, I said I’m sorry.” Mike basically whined. “I tried talking him out of it but when he has his mind set on something, there’s no way to stop him.” Kellin continued to glare at him. “If you want, I can try to convince him to give you a good room?”

“I want to go home.”

“Kellin, if I could send you home, I would but I can’t.” Mike’s phone beeped. “Jaime said we’re making another stop.” His words went ignored. A few minutes later, the van stopped and Mike opened the door. “I’ll get you something to eat. You’re not like a vegetarian or something right?”

Kellin turned around and stared at the off into space. He heard the door slam shut with force and once he knew he was alone he cried. It hadn’t even been a whole twelve hours and already, he couldn’t take it. He just wanted to go home, hug his siblings and hold his pillow close as he sleeps. When he heard the door open, he wiped his eyes with his hands and his nose with the sleeve of his shirt.

“Hey kid, you alright?” he heard Jaime ask him. “Do you wanna come out and stretch your legs for a bit?” when he didn’t reply, Jaime mumbled “Whatever.” And sat on the edge.

After a few minutes Kellin asked, “What are you guys gonna do to me?”

“Vic is gonna prepare you.” Jaime replied, turning to look at Kellin’s back.

“Prepare me for what?”

“Prostituting.” He saw Kellin tense up. “Look, I know this sucks but at least Vic got you before anyone else did. Some of the guys, right off the bat, throw you into the street without teaching you things to keep you safe or without knowing what to do. Vic is gonna teach you all that stuff.”

“Where are you guys gonna keep me?”

“In his basement. You wont be like chained up or anything. Your room will have a bathroom.”

“Does he have anyone else there?”

“He sold them all a couple of weeks ago.”

“Jaime!” Kellin heard Vic shout. A few seconds later he heard him say, “We got your food.” And the sound of a bag being passed. He felt the van move and then he saw a bag being placed in front of him with a soda next to it. “Eat.” He heard Vic tell him. “Mike said your starving.”

When Kellin didn’t move, he heard Vic sigh and shortly after, jump off. The door was still open and he could hear them laughing like they didn’t have some hostage in the back of their van. Kellin looked down and saw a McDonalds bag that had the smell of fries and a burger coming off it. Maybe he’ll eat it when they start moving. After what felt like forever, Kellin felt Mike get in back with him and the van start up. He opened the bag and slowly ate the fries. It tasted so good and salty.

“Thanks.” Kellin mumbled. He grabbed the cup to take a sip but stooped and asked, “Is it spiked?” Kellin heard him move and soon his cup was taken out of his hand and he heard Mike take a sip from it right next to his ear. “Um,”

“It’s not spiked.”

And that was definitely not Mike.

Kellin turned around and saw Vic smirking at him.

“You’re not Mike.”

The smirk vanished.

“You don’t say.” Vic replied sarcastically, adding an eye roll to show his distaste. Kellin looked down, leaving his food alone. “Eat.”

“No.”

“You ate when you thought I was Mike.”

“Because I prefer Mike over you.” Kellin sassed back.

“Just eat.”

No.”

“If you don’t eat, I will feed you like a baby.”

Kellin crossed his arms and turned his nose in the air. “I’d like to see you try.” He heard Vic sigh in frustration before he was roughly placed between his legs. “Let me go or I will start kicking.” Why’d he say that? Vic wrapped his leg around Kellin’s.

“Now, you can use your own hands to eat or I will feed you myself.”

“Let me go.”

“Eat Kellin.”

There was only one way to get out of this.

Kellin sighed sadly and turned around to look at Vic, whose leg tightened around his waist. Kellin widened his eyes and made his lower lip jut out a bit.

This always works.

“Vic, can you please let me go?” he asked softly. “I promise I’ll eat, just, please.” Kellin looked up like a child who was being scolded.

“Aw, Kellin.” Vic cooed. “You think you’re gonna trick me?” he said with a laugh. “Not in your dreams. Now just fucking eat.” Vic pushed Kellin away from him and with seriousness said, “You need to eat. I’m sure Jaime told you why you’re with us so in order for you to bring me in money, you need to be healthy.”

Kellin squinted his eyes and with a huff, crawled back to where he was previously sitting. He was not going to eat and that was final. He doesn’t care if Vic gets mad; let him get mad. Vic cant make Kellin do things he doesn’t want to.

“What?” Kellin asked rudely, when he looked up to find Vic staring at him intensely.

“You’re defiant because you’re scared.”

“I’m not defiant because I’m scared, I’m defiant because I was kidnapped and you’re trying to be my best friend when we both know I’m going to be nothing more than a prostitute. Don’t try treating me like something you don’t see me as.”

Vic’s face hardened. “If that’s the case, then.” He moved closer to Kellin and quickly moved to grip his hair from the back of his head, pulling his head back. Vic lowered his head so his mouth could be near Kellin’s ear and with anger laced in his voice, he said. “You’re going to fucking eat unless you want to be back handed. I’m not afraid to do it either.” He pushed Kellin’s head forward before releasing his hair. “I’m going to take a nap and when I wake up, I expect your food to be gone. Is that understood?” Kellin looked up and glared at Vic with watery eyes. “I asked you if you understood!” Vic shouted.

“Yes.” Kellin spat at him.

Vic gripped his face tightly and with a threating whisper, he said, “You will speak to me with respect. You’re nothing more than my bitch and I am above you. Next time you so much as look at me disrespectfully, I wont hesitate to hit you. And while we’re at the rules, you’re to call me sir, understood?”

“Yes.” Kellin whispered.

“Yes what?” Vic said, tightening his hold on Kellin’s face.

“Yes sir.”

“I see you learn quickly. You already got you’re warning.” With that, Vic released Kellin’s jaw and went to his spot in the back of the van to sleep.

When Kellin saw that his eyes were closed, he let the tears fall. He didn’t want to go through this every day. How can someone as mean as Vic, have friends and a brother who willingly stick around? Kellin moved his jaw, rubbing it too and wincing at the small pain that would jolt throughout. He began eating slowly, not knowing if Vic was serious about hitting him and not wanting to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm qutie proud of this ch tbh