Status: in progress

Shanghai

Ch 7

Look for ** is you dont want to read about Kellin getting hurt. they will also be at the end of the part

Kellin woke up some time later in an unfamiliar room. He sat up slowly and looked around the dark room and saw someone else sleeping in a bed next to his. It looked like Vic. Kellin removed the blanket off his body and quietly got off the bed. He got on his hands and knees and crawled around a bit, looking for his shoes. They were by the door. When Kellin looked back, he saw Vic’s body still on the body, moving ever so slightly to see that he was breathing.

The terrified young man slipped his shoes on and stood up, slowly unlocking the door. When he heard the small click, he opened the door carefully and stepped outside. Kellin sighed in relief and walked towards a set of stairs. It didn’t work last time, but maybe this time it would. He tiptoed down the concrete stairs and walked away, and around a corner.

He was free.

Kellin walked quickly with his head down when he bumped into someone.

“Sorry.” He mumbled.

“Kellin.” The voiced sighed in disappointment.

“Mike, please just let me go.” Kellin begged, looking up at him.
“Kellin, I cant let you leave. Vic would have my head if he found out.”

“But he wont. I’ll keep quiet, I promise! I just want to go home.” Kellin said as tears began running down his face. “I told them I was leaving on my own will. I told them I was just too stressed out and I’ll accept anything they have to say to me when I come back. No one will know it was you. Please.” At this point, Kellin had both fists clenched on the fabric of Mike’s shirt. “Just pl-.”

“What a pleasant surprise.” Kellin tightened his grip when he heard Vic’s voice. “I knew there was something going on between you guys. Mike, I’m hurt that you’d lie to me; in my face no less. Let go him Kellin and let all go back to our rooms where I’ll deal with you both. Come on now.”

“Let’s go Kellin.” Mike whispered. He received a shake of the head. “C’mon, before anything gets worse. For me and you.”

Vic, who watched the scene in anger rolled his eyes and sighed in frustration. “I don’t have all night.” He snapped. The two young men began walking towards him, Kellin with his head down and Mike staring straight ahead. “In front, both of you.” When they were in front of him, he pulled out his gun and held it to Kellin’s back.

“Vic, that’s not ne-.”

“Did I ask for your opinion?” Vic growled. Mike turned away. “That’s what I thought.” The walk back was quiet and tense. When they made it back, Vic pushed them into his room, locking it behind him and closing the curtains. “You both piss me off, ya’know that? Mike, you somehow lack the skills of following simple orders. You’re so fucking stupid, I swear. Sometimes I wonder why you’re my brother, how you’re my brother!”

“Don’t talk to him like that.; Kellin said from his spot on the bed. “With a brother like you, I’m glad he is the way he is.”

Vic turned to glare at Kellin. “Excuse me? Just who do you think you’re talking to?”

“Kellin its alright.” Mike said from where he stood.

“No, it’s not alright and I’m talking to you, Vic.”

**Kellin was back-handed.

“Remember what I told you in the van, Kellin?” Vic asked, shaking his hand. Before Kellin could reply though, Vic smacked him again then yanked his head back by pulling his hair. “You’re gonna get it now.” He released Kellin’s hair and walked away before turning to stare at him. Vic walked closer and stood right in front of him. “Stand up.”

Kellin stood up.

Then bent forwards, gripping his stomach.

Vic pushed him against the wall and punched him multiple times in the stomach.

“I’m sorry!” Kellin shouted as Vic kept hitting him.

“I’ll show you sorry. Mike, my belt.”

“Vic.”

Now Mikey. Before you get a beating too.”

Mike rushed to Vic’s suitcase and grabbed the black leather belt. Kellin laid on the floor with his knees drawn to his chin and his arms wrapped around his shins. He made eye contact with Mike, but he looked away, not wanting to see what his brother was about to do. Vic folded the belt in half and grabbed both ends, pushing them together before pulling them apart to get that sickening snap.

The belt snapped against Kellin’s causing him to scream out in pain.

Mike looked down, screwing his eyes together.**

Vic stood over Kellin, staring down at his worn out body.

“I’m sorry.” Kellin wept.

“Mike, go to your room.” Vic ordered. Mike did as he was told. “Get up.” He ordered Kellin. When he didn’t get up, Vic said, “Get up or we can go through this punishment again.” Kellin got up, slowly and wincing in pain. Vic yanked him to the bathroom, and sat him down on the edge of the tub. “Take off your shirt.” Kellin did, without question. Vic walked out and looked through his bag before finding what he needed. When he returned, he got into the tub and looked at Kellin’s back where the skin had split open due to the force he used. “This may hurt a bit.”

Kellin was confused until he felt the sting of the alcohol. He groaned in pain and arched his back away from Vic, making more blood drip from his wound. “No!” Kellin begged.

“If I don’t clean it, it might get infected.”

“What do you care?”

“You’re my money maker, I care quite a bit. Now hold still.”

While Vic cleaned his wound, Kellin had his back tense and flinched a bit. Kellin looked into the mirror and watched Vic, who had a look of concentration. When you got past his abusive and asshole ways, he was kind of cute. Or as cute as an abusive asshole can be.

Vic looked up and caught Kellin staring at him. The younger boy blushed and looked back down causing Vic to shake his head with a very small, very faint, smile.

“Sorry.” Kellin mumbled. He looked back up and saw Vic nod his head. Kellin watched as Vic wrapped some kind of bandage around his torso before taping the end to the marital. “thank you.”

“You need to lay on your front until your back heals.”

“My front is sore.”

“I know but you’re gonna have to deal with it until your back is better.” Kellin nodded as he stood up. “Go to sleep. We’re leaving later. I’ll be back later.”

“Where are you going?”

“None of your business!” Vic snapped. “Now go to sleep.”

Kellin followed orders and soon enough, he was falling asleep.

Vic left once he was sure Kellin was sleeping and walked over to Mike and Tony’s room. He knocked loudly and Mike opened it.

“I’ll be outside.” Tony said tiredly.

When the door closed, Vic looked at Mike. “Stay away from Kellin.”

“Why? Afraid he’ll like me more than you?”

“It doesn’t matter who he likes more but you know I forbid any kind of relationship with the workers.”

“Well he’s my friend.”

“I don’t care. You’ll receive more instruction when we get back to San Diego. And I really hope this is the last time I have to tell you this Michael.” Vic walked out, signaling Tony to go in. “You lucked out this time.” He closed the door and walked back to the room he shared with Kellin and laid in bed.

It’s time to put his plan in action.