O Death

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I watch as my mother’s coffin is being lowered into the ground. She is yet another casualty in organized crime violence. For years, I’ve spent years trying to forget my past but it always comes back. It’s always there. It’s in my blood, in my father’s blood, and his father’s blood. Mother tried to protect me from this; tried to get my far away from this. But in end, it was all in vain. Now, the only person in the world that cared, has met her maker all because of the lifestyle the love of her life has chosen.

“Natalia,” a voice behind me says my name. I turn and see my uncle, Ivan, standing there with his mistress on his arm. “I’m deeply sorry for your loss. It shouldn’t have gotten to this point. Your father thought he had it handled.”

“Seeing as those he’s in a fucking coma, he didn’t have it handled.” I hiss back.

“Please watch your back, darling niece. Someone within this organization wants to watch the Volkov family to fall.” He warns. “I don’t want to attend your funeral as well.”

“I’m back in Boston, there is nothing stopping them from coming after me. Especially since The Saints are still prison.”

“Sometimes I wonder if we’re better off with them behind bars or on the streets.” This is coming from a guy that’s been involved with organized crime much of his adult life. “Stuff like this wouldn’t be happening.”

“Someone in this isn’t organization isn’t happy with the Volkov family leaving the business; or at least attempting to.” I note.

“Be safe.” With a kiss on my cheek, my uncle walks away leaving me by myself. Or so I thought.

“I could possibly assist you in your question for justice.” The voice was Southern in nature. Deep south too. I turn around and see a woman in a trench coat standing there. Bright red hair and glasses covering her eyes. “I know a way you can get The Saints out on the streets.”

“And how would I do that?” I ask, smirking as I cross my arm across my chest. “And more importantly why would I do that.”

“You said it yourself, if the Saints were out, there would be no need for you to worry about your life.” She smiles. “Come with me, we can talk about this plan and set you up an appointment to meet your Saviors.”

“You act as if I already said yes.”

“Your life depends on it, darling. You will say yes or it’ll be your funeral.” Her smile grows. “Now come on, we’ve got lots to discuss.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy St Paddy's Day!

comment&subscribe?