The Lure of a Vampire

The Angsty Teen

Music playing so loudly it rattled the windows, Chastity sat on her bed painting her fingernails and humming along to the tune s of her favorite band. Replacing the brush in the nail polish bottle, she examined her nails expertly for any flaws—making sure the shade of black was just as dark as her current outlook.

Nothing ever went right for Chastity: school was just a lonesome bore full of bad grades and preppy girls who always picked on her to no end. The teachers never helped and even encouraged their bad behavior because cheerleaders could get away with murder in her biased school, definitely right before State Championships. Her home life wasn’t much better either; her mother killed herself the year before after suffering for years with depression and abuse at the hands of Chastity’s drunken father. So Chastity spent as much time away from home working at the local morgue—which was the only thing she loved doing! – but it was never enough time away.

Every time she was home her dad would be drunk and yell at her and Chastity hated him with everything in her. She tried to run away but the police would always catch her and take her back home—not listening to a word she had to say against him in her defense.

With a deep sigh, Chastity stood from her bed and smoothed her black Tripp pants and red la e corset top before going to her adjoining bathroom to gaze at herself in the mirror one last time. She loved her vibrant purple eyes lined in kohl black and her alabaster skin always glowed like the full moon. A small smile on her fire engine red lips, Chastity fluffed her freshly dyed black hair to make sure it hadn’t fallen flat.

Everyone said she was beautiful but Chastity knew better, she was just so ordinary and plain she couldn’t be. Tearing her gaze away from herself she knew she had to get to school, being late was frowned upon and she didn’t want to be set to detention. Leaving her bathroom she snatched her backpack off her computer chair and flipped off her stereo before leaving her room.

With the deafening music off she could hear the blaring sounds of the television from the living room. Her father was sprawled on the couch; his hairy, pot-belly sticking out of a stained wife beater. His arm was outstretched with a half empty beer bottle clutched with his sausage fingers and his snore was so loud Chastity was surprised she hadn’t heard it the moment she walked out of her bedroom.

Happy that he was sleeping and couldn’t fight with her, Chastity scurried though the living room quiet as a mouse and out the front door, not even bothering to lock it as she took off in the direction of school.