The Lure of a Vampire

Meeting the Family

Doing as she was asked was not a hardship once Chastity stepped into the expanse of the bathroom. It was a modern marvel of black marble and slick tiles; the grandest bathroom she could have ever dreamed of.

Wandering over to the shower, she had doffed her clothes and jumped into the steamy jets in less than thirty seconds, letting out a pleased moan as the water pelted her skin. Chastity spent a copious amount of time lathering up with soaps that smelled like Max before she stepped out and wrapped herself in a plush towel.

Padding out of the steamy bathroom, Chastity wandered to the closet and opened up the doors, revealing a wardrobe larger than she had ever seen and they were all in her style. Chastity pawed through the clothes for only a moment before settling on a blood red corset and black skinny jeans, taking her time to dress before slipping on a pair of ankle boots that had been tucked on a shelf above the clothes rack.

Chastity then shuffled around in the dresser—which seemed to house all Max’s clothes along with a secondary closet farther from the bathroom. Looking through all the drawers she tried to find makeup so she could put her face to rights but wasn’t able to find even an eyeliner pencil which just wasn’t her style. Maybe she could convince her kidnapper— and presumable fiance— that makeup was a necessity.

She was just closing the drawer on one of his dressers, after a bit of snooping the bedroom door opened and Max stood in the doorway, “You are ready?”

Chastity turned to him quickly and said, “As ready as I’m ever gonna get with what you gave me. If I’m going to be here long term we really need to talk about buying me some makeup.”

Max looked over her features carefully and Chastity could feel his intense gaze sweeping over her face and down her lithe body, “I believe you could live without.”

“What happened to giving me whatever I wanted?” Chastity pouted angrily, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Your wants come second to my own and I desire you without all that thick paste and powder you smear about,” then with confident strides to closed the distance between them to rest a hand against her pale cheek. “Your skin is flawless, such a lovely shade. When I change you, I assume your complexion will hardly change at all.”

“What do you mean change me?” Chastity asked suddenly, as she backed away from his so his hand was no longer on her face.

Max sighed, “We do not have time for this now, everyone is gathered downstairs.”

“But later you’ll tell me?”

“Of course, my Bride. Now come along, it is impolite to make people wait on you,” Max offered her his arm and Chastity took it, allowing him to lead her from the bedroom and down the hall she had used to escape.

They slowly descended the stairs and turned right, towards a large pair of double doors that were strangely intimidating. When Max opened the door and Chastity peered inside, she had the uncanny urge to tuck tail and run.

Inside the large room stood over a dozen other people; all of them looking right at her. “Chastity,” Max began slowly, pulling his arm from her as he stepped farther forward, standing between her and the group, “This is the coven.”

“Uh… Hi?” She stammered, not sure what to say to a horde of vampires.

Fifteen pairs of eyes looked her over as she did the same to them, three of which she skipped over since she had the pleasure of making their acquaintances earlier in the evening. Every single one of them was different in some way; their skin tones, clothings and presence all unique to the person. All of them were vastly different from the teens she spent had been forced to spend her days with.

“Max, she smells lovely,” one male suddenly stated.

Another continued, “Oh yes, are you certain we cannot have just one little bite?”

“We won’t hurt her… much,” yet another purred with. At the last word the other vampires laughed loudly, the room filled with so many voices it overwhelmed Chastity, frightened her.

That was until Max growled at them in her defense, effectively silencing them all, “If I find anyone has laid even one finger on my Bride in a threatening manner I will decapitate you and set your head on a pike outside this coven house. Understood?”

Murmurs of agreement and promise echoed through the room as someone said, “Mighty old world of you, Maximus.”

“My tactics are my own, regardless what era they are from. Why change something that was effective?” He asked hypothetically before adding, “Does anyone else have any issues they wish to present to me?”

“Why is it still human?” A female from the middle of the crowd suddenly asked. Chastity was not able to get a good look at her, only a flash of blonde hair and blood red lips, “As our leader your Bride should be one of us.”

At the harsh words, the crowd parted-- as if to clear the path so Maximus would have a clear line of sight to attack-- and revealed the woman who looked like a blonde Jessica Rabbit; lush hips and breasts, thin waist and sultry features. “If you wish to reconsider the idea, I would have no problem accepting the throne to sit by your side,” Jessica Rabbit then looked over Chastity with a disgusted uptilt of her scarlet lips before adding, “And we can easily dispose of this little morsel, make her a little pet for you.”

Chastity immediately looked to Max in distress, hoping that the blonde’s suggestion would not be considered though she felt the burn. Chastity decided if worse came to worse, she would fight them all tooth and nail if they descended on her, even if she would never win. She found herself quietly praying Max had more honor than to toss her overboard for someone more developed in their feminine aspects.

“You think very highly of yourself, Tania,” Max sneered, his disgust towards her just as equal as the vampiresses towards Chastity. “If I wanted a used up fanger who shares herself with everyone who walks in through our coven’s door I would have come to you but I chose Chastity. There will be no more disrespect towards her as she will be your Coven Mistress and Queen one day and the discussion is now closed.”

Tania sputtered indignantly before lifting her chin as a sign of her arrogance, “You did not think I was used up a few nights ago.”

A hiss came from deep within Max, causing Chastity to take a fearful step back and look between him and the female nervously, “Enough, Tania. You try my patience and I will show you no more leniency.” Immediately Tania bottled up, pursing her lips as she pinned Chastity with a glare.

When Max was satisfied that no other words would come from the female vampire he said, “I would like for all of you to treat my Bride respectfully and help her if she finds herself in need and I am unavailable.” Turning towards his Bride, the vampire ruler said, “You will learn everyone's names as time passes, it would be too tedious to review introductions now.”

“O-okay,” Chastity whispered, looking at the crowd with apprehension, “Do I have to do it now?”

Max chuckled and a few snickers came from the group of bloodsuckers, “Of course not, sweet Chastity.” He then cut the others a sharp glare, “You may all resume whatever it was you were previously doing. I am going to spend the rest of my evening with my Bride, do not disturb us.”

He stepped back towards Chastity and grabbed her elbow using it to guide her from the room.