The Lure of a Vampire

When Werewolves Attack

The next evening Chastity spend the whole of her evening wandering around the inside of her bedroom or staring out the window. Maximus never returned after his abrupt departure and she was feeling the burn of his rejection deeply.

After hours alone she had come to the conclusion that she really did love him, even after only knowing him for a short period of time but loving him did not mean staying by his side. Chastity refused to be rejected so thoroughly by him and then ignored like she didn’t matter.

She had devised a plan, she would escape during the sunlight hours even if it meant she died on the outside. She would rather die than have her heart included in Max’s game of back and forth. She had already packed a bag with clothes and shoved it under her bed, just in case Max decided to visit her, and before leaving the house she planned and stopping by the kitchen and grabbing food and water to take with her.

Chastity didn’t care if she had to trek one hundred miles, as long as she was free of him.

She watched the sun rise slowly, and waited until she couldn’t hear any noise from the residences of the coven house before deciding it was time to make a break for it. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder before hurrying to her bedroom door and cracking it open to peek outside.

The hall was dark and empty and she quickly scurried out of the bedroom, leaving her door open wide as she ran down the hall. Unlike her last escape attempt, she knew exactly where she was going and she intended to actually get out of the coven house.

As planned, she stopped by the kitchen and grabbed out a few bottles of water along with a loaf of bread, canned fruit (with the pop top), and a few other non-perishables before heading towards the front entrance of the home. The sun felt warm against her skin and she breathed in the fresh air deeply, it had been so long since she’d been out in the sunlight and missed it.

No wasting another second she ran towards the thick vegetation of the forest, she only ran several yards before looking back to see if anyone was following but already lost sight of the coven house. Shrugging her shoulders she continued on.
Image

Chastity’s feet hurt, her back ached and her head was pounding like a drum by the time the sun began to set. She had not stopped except for a ten-minute rest break so she could eat and already drank half her water after the first three hours of walking Chastity found herself hoping that Max was just bluffing about how far the closest town was.

Finally, feeling too worn down to go any farther Chastity collapsed on the trunk of a fallen tree and tossed her heavy bag onto the ground. She decided she would rest here for a few hours before starting her journey again, surely Max wouldn’t be able to track her that quickly.

With a deep sigh, she leaned backward and closed her eyes trying to drift off.

She wasn’t sure how long her eyes were closed but she heard leaves crunching and jumped to her feet, prepared to come face to face with Max but instead saw a wolf. The wolf was large, much larger than an ordinary wolf and as black as the night itself with radiant yellow eyes. They stood face to face with one another and at first Chastity assumed the wolf was friendly since it wasn’t attacking her but it her hopes were quickly dashed when it growled and advanced towards her.

Chastity screamed and quickly turned to run, not caring if she left everything behind as long as she wasn’t eaten alive by the aggressing wolf. She dodged trees and jumped over roots as she made her escape hearing the wolf chasing after her with the same determination she tried to run with.

She let out a loud yell as her foot caught against a rock and she tumbled forward to the forest floor and rolling to a stop at the base of a tree. Looking up quickly, she realized she didn’t have time to run away from the wolf because it was already looming above her. Chastity squeezed her eyes shut and was ready to accept her fate as wolf food when she heard, “You’ve got a lot of spirit for a vampire’s human Bride.”

With a gasp, Chastity looked up to see that in the place of the wolf was a man, he looked human but knew he had to be one of the werewolves Max had warned her about. What disconcerted her the most was his nakedness from head to toe he didn’t have a stitch on. “I don’t know what you're talking about,” Chastity denied quickly, shying away from him as she looked the other direction.

He scoffed, “I can smell him all over you.”

Chastity cursed, now knowing she couldn’t lie to him, “Well, then, you better leave me alone! If Max finds out you hurt me he’ll hunt you to the end of the Earth! He’ll… He’ll… Uh… He’ll torture you in unimaginable ways!”

The werewolf laughed then, “Yeah, I’m so sure. Is that why you were running away from him? Let me guess, you’re the rumored Bride of the Prince of all Vampires, the Bride to Maximus de Laurentiis.”

“No…” Chastity lied but even she knew it was a bad lie. “Just leave me alone or you’ll regret it!”

The werewolf stalked towards her then, until he stood directly in front of her. He reached down and grabbed her arm, hauling her upwards, “Tell me, did your beloved vampire tell you why he took you?”

Chastity tried to pull her arm away from the werewolf but his grip was too tight, “Stop! You’re hurting me!”

“Oh this is grand,” the werewolf joked with a laugh, “You don’t even know who you really are. By the time I’m done with you, you’re gonna hate the bloodsucking leech and I’m going to have so much fun making you my mate.”

“WHAT?!” Chastity screamed, “The fuck you are! Let me go you dirty dog! LET ME GO!” Her yells became hysterical as she thrashed against the man, not caring that he was naked. “MAX!” She screamed, hoping with everything in her that he had noticed she was gone and come looking for her, that his vampire hearing would pick up her screams for help.

“Settle down,” The werewolf snarled as he grabbed her tighter. He wrapped one arm around her waist and settled a hand over her mouth to muffle her cries. Taking the best opportunity she had, Chastity bit down on his hand as hard as she could until she tasted blood, “BITCH!” He yelled, letting her go abruptly.

Chastity turned just in time for the werewolves closed fist to connect with the side of her head. Lights flashed behind her eyes as she staggered and fell to the ground.