The Lure of a Vampire

The Loneliest Number

Chastity came out of it with Connor's arms wrapped around her and immediately shoved away from him, “Leave me alone! I just don’t want to deal with any of this anymore!”

“It’s too late, princess. You have to deal with because we’re in the thick of it,” Conner scoffed. “Who would’ve though the lost line of the Faerie kingdom would have been so spoiled.”

Chastity’s jaw dropped in disbelief, “Spoiled! I’ve been fucking kidnapped and you’re calling me spoiled? How about I have someone snatch you up and see how you take it, you stupid dog. I swear to god when Max comes to get me I’m gonna have him beat you to a bloody pulp.”

Conner just rolled his eyes, “Well, whenever he does manage to find you and get through my defenses I will just make sure to lay down and let him have at me then. Now are you gonna keep being a spoiled brat or are you hungry?”

At that moment, like he was psychic or something, Chastity’s stomach growled loudly. The rumble hurting her belly, “Are you gonna poison me?”

“Why the hell would I go through all the trouble of staking out a vampire’s coven to kidnap you if I’m gonna poison you. God, you really are stupid, aren’t you?”

The insult felt like a slap to the face after all the years of verbal and physical abuse at the hands of her father and immediately she felt the tears well up in her eyes. “I’m going through alot right now, okay? You don’t understand anything of what’s going on with me. Not that you’d care anyways.”

Conner frowned a bit, his forehead creasing in between his eyebrows in a way that made it look like he regretted what he had said, “Look, why don’t we just go get you some food and I explain a bit more about this prophecy so you have a better understanding of why you need to pick my side.”

Chastity nodded and let him lead her out of the room and into a hallway. The house seemed just has big as the vampire’s house and she wondered how rich all these supernatural people were and how they got that way. As they weaved through the halls, she made mental notes of which way they turned and marked specific doors for potential escape. Surely there was a window she could climb out of.

“So why do I have to pick your side?” She asked to distract him from the fact that she was plotting an escape.

“First, we don’t intend to take over the world like that disgusting vampire prince you seem so fond of. We just want to be able to defend ourselves a bit better, to raise our level of acknowledgement in the supernatural community. To make a name for ourselves, so to speak. Now, the vampires on the other hand want to enslave the human race because they believe humans are not better than livestock and are beneath them. The only thing they need is the magic of the faerie in order to be able to stop dwelling in the shadows.”

“Max isn’t like that,” Chastity defended, “He likes humans.”

“Yeah, sure, and I love to eat my vegetables,” he snapped sarcastically. “You don’t know anything about who he really is or his true intentions.”

“Oh and you do? You’re mortal enemies. I’m sure you guys don’t share battle strategies.”

“You’ve no idea what I know about him,” he finally snapped after a few moments of silence. “We used to be best friends, now shut up. I’m tired of talking with you.”