The Lure of a Vampire

Introductions Are Hard

“Look guys--” A jovial voice called from towards the back of the group of people, “--it's the princess that Conner’s been after.”

Chastity stared like a deer in the headlights as she slowly set her sandwich down, preparing to run for dear life at the first sudden movement. Keeping her eyes locked on the group she was astounded as awed compliments seemed to fill the room.

“She’s actually pretty!”

“Look at those eyes! Like a real faerie.”

“And she smells like one too!”

“Guys, we should probably stop drooling all over her and introduce ourselves. It looks like the little faerie princess is about to run for the hills,” a tiny, brunette woman said from the front before taking a slow step forward, “Hey, my name’s Tanya. You’re Chastity, right?” When Chastity just nodded her head and stayed in her guarded, ready-to-run stance Tanya smiled at her brightly, “No reason to be afraid. We’re not gonna hurt you. I don’t blame you for being wary though, from what Connor said you’ve been with that leech and his coven for awhile. They probably weren’t very welcoming.”

Slowly, Chastity relaxed hoping that her senses were wrong about the friendly female who was trying to befriend her, “No, they weren’t.”

“Go ahead and eat while we introduce ourselves,” Tanya encouraged as she motioned to the sandwich which was still untouched. “We can all hear your stomach growling, even over the crazy rhythm of your heart.”

Chastity sat down and listened as everyone began introducing themselves enthusiastically, dispersing throughout the kitchen to grab snacks and whatnot. Trying to commit everyone's face and name to memory, she knew she was going to have a hard time remembering all of the pack.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short update is an update right?