The Lure of a Vampire

He's a Vampire!

Chastity's attention immediately went to Max. He stood against the doorway, his tall frame resting against the jam as he gazed at the trio who surrounded her. With cold calculation he pinned each person was look of pure disapproval before asking, "What were you three doing with my Bride?"

Suddenly Chastity wasn't surrounded anymore; Alex, Clint, and Charlotte backed away from her as if she were the plague. Curses rang through the room, as well as the sincerest apologies Chastity had ever heard. The first one to actually speak was Clint, "I am so sorry. I told Alex to leave her alone but he wouldn’t."

"My question was not answered," he barked loudly. "Did you intend to harm my little Bride?"

"No!" Charlotte denied vehemently. "We didn't know, we swear! She told us you planned to sell her."

The emerald eyes locked with hers before she could look away, "Is that true?"

"Y-yes but--" Chastity cut off her sentence when Max raised his hand to silence her.

"You all know now that she belongs to me. Spread the word that none shall touch her without my express consent. Go!"

Chastity’s jaw dropped when suddenly the trio disappeared before her eyes. One minute there, the next gone. Panicking, she rubbed her eyes and looked away thinking maybe it was a trick. Disbelief filled her. "H-how?"

"Why did you tell them I planned to sell you?" Max asked her suddenly, stepping into the bedroom and closing the door behind him; allowing them privacy.

"Where did they go?" Chastity asked him.

Max's expression turned hostile at her redirect and he snarled at her, "Answer me."

"Why else would you kidnap me?" Chastity snapped back at him. "You bought me from my father. I could only assume you'd sell me to someone else." Chastity tried to remain strong in the face of danger but her words grew weaker with every syllable she uttered pathetically, "Please, just let me go home."

"I didn't kidnap you," Max scoffed. "Your father-- pitiful waste of a man he is-- arranged your marriage to me. It was a business deal. I did nothing more than pay a dowry for your hand."

Anger overcame her at his words, "I'm sixteen," Chastity yelled at him. "What the hell would you want me for, huh? I don't want this. This is all illegal!" Her fear diminishing the longer she looked at him. "What the hell is wrong with you that you have to buy a kid to marry, huh?"

Chastity would have gone on more but her back was against the wall, Max's hand wrapped around her throat. "Let us clear some things up since you seem to have confused a few facts. I chose you as my Bride for reasons that will soon be abundantly clear. Your laws cannot touch me or mine. I do not take well to your sense of superiority and will not accept your lip. Do I make myself understood?"

Chastity nodded the best she could with his hand wrapped around her throat; she didn't dare speak in fear that she'd give away her weakness.

Max released her as quickly as he restrained her, pulling at the collar of his shirt sharply before saying, "I'm sure you have many questions for me; we will go talk in our room."

"Our room?”

Max gave her a droll stare as he grabbed her hand in his own. Chastity looked up at him and swayed unsteadily on her feet, everything blurring around them. Suddenly, everything came into focus once more except it wasn't the room she had sought refuge in. Together they stood in the room she had awoken in, standing on the farthest side of the bed away from the door and she was freaked out more and more freaked out than before.

“What the hell is going on? H-How are you able to do that?”

“Do what?” Max asked casually, shoving his hands in his pockets and tottering on his heels.

“Teleport or whatever?”

“Oh, that,” he said, as if it was something everyone could go. “Most vampires can teleport. I hardly notice it do it anymore.”

Chastity gapped at him, her mouth opening and closing like a fish taken out of water, “V… Vampire? You’re a vampire?!”

Max looked completely unamused by her question, “Yes.”

“This is so fucking insane!” Chastity screamed, “I’m in a coma or something because this can’t be fucking real! Or you’re the insane one because none of this is believable.”

“I just told you I won’t take your lip. I’m not warning you again. Now, sit down and ask your questions logically and I will attempt to answer them the best I can.” He snapped angrily and Chastity could tell he was serious so she did as he ordered and sat on the bed, her mind reeling as she tried to think of the first thing to ask him.