Black Cat

Hey little monster, I got my eye on you

Ophelia looks down at the tiny blue eyed girl in her arms as Jakob pulls up to the nearest orphanage. The rain is pouring down harder than before making this exact moment like every other cliche orphan movie moment.

“Ophelia, you know what we have to do,” Jakob sighs. “We need to say goodbye to her.”

“I know this is for the greater good but can’t we just run away with her?” She asks her husband with tears in her eyes. “We can give up magik and live like normal humans; we can go off grid and never be heard from again.”

“Fenrir will finds us -find her- and it’ll all be over with.” Jakob explains to his grieving wife. “This is the only way O. Charlotte Jane will find us again but she needs to go away first, she'll survive better in the world than we could. Magik is all we know, it’ll be harder for us to blend in.”

“What about Evander? What if he can’t find her?” She pushes. “He’ll be punished and forced to take form of a cat. Are you going to let the son of our greatest friends live that kind of life?”

“Evander will find her and bring her back, have faith. This’ll be all over sooner than you think…”


“Charlotte Jane what the hell is this!” I hear Orion yell from the living room. He must have found the cat that followed me home last night. I just chuckle before exiting my room and wouldn’t ya know it; Orion is standing in front of the couch where Yessy and the black cat are curled up watching TV. “What the hell is that?”

“I believe that is what normal people would call a cat.” I reply, chuckling.

“I thought I made it clear there would be no more animals after you brought Yessy home.”

“Ri, he followed me home after Danni and I went out. I couldn’t say no.” I defend myself. “There’s a connection between us, I can’t explain it.”

“You said the same thing with Yessy.” He reminds me.

I look down at the sleeping black cat and know that this connection is far more special than the one between me and Yessy. “This is different, I can’t explain it. This is stronger than any other connection.”

Orion sighs in defeat, knowing he isn’t going to get rid of that cat. “So you have a name yet?”

“Evander.” I smile as I scratch the black cat behind his ear, waking him up a bit. “It means “good man” or something along those lines. I think it fits him.”

“Just please keep him out of my bedroom, I don’t need anymore cat hair on my clothing.”

“Don’t be so grumpy, Ri.” I laugh. “Consider this your birthday present to me.”

“Yea, the big 25 is tomorrow, huh? You excited?”

“I think 25 is going to be my year….”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

Chapter title credit: Little Monster by Royal Blood.

I know a whole year and this is just a short filler chapter. I'm sorry about that. Charmed is giving me my inspiration back. Honestly I should probably do this for Camp Nano instead of my other story. lol