Black Cat

Juggernaut child in a fragile land

Temptation by Cradle of Filth is blaring throughout the club as we walk past the bouncer. Orion looks at me with a smirk as he takes my hand and guides me through the sea of black clothing and messy black makeup. We don’t stop our journey until we end up at the bar where a familiar blonde is sitting with an unfamiliar brunet.

“Birthday Girl!” Danni exclaims as she slips off her bar stool and pulls me into a back breaking hug. “How does 25 feel?”

“I won’t be 25 for another couple hours.” I laugh as we pull apart. “So who’s your friend?” I nod my head towards the unfamiliar guy.

“Cherry, this is Fenrir.” She smiles as she introduces the man. He smiles at me, it’s a nice smile but something deep down doesn’t feel right. His aura is off. His smile is warm but I feel a cold chill dancing up my spine as I shake hands with him. “Fenrir, this is the infamous Charlotte Jane. I’ve known this girl for years. She’s my best friend and my partner in crime.”

“It’s so very nice to meet you.” He speaks. “Danni talks about you constantly, I feel as if I know you already. Like we are old friends.”

“I wish I can offer the same sentiment.” I profess. “Danni hasn’t said much about you, I’m afraid.”

“Well we have only been together for a couple weeks, it’s all fairly new.” He shrugs. “I suppose she’s afraid you’ll judge our love.”

“Danni knows I don’t judge.” I counter. “But I’m fiercely loyal to my friends. And I’m extremely protective over them. So she probably doesn’t want me to get a little test and start a sequel to the Spanish Inquisition.” The smile on his lips grows as does the uneasy feeling in my stomach.

“You are just as I imagined,” He confesses. “I’m not at all disappointed in our meeting.”

“Sensing my discomfort, Orion slips in between us; looking right at me with a kind smile on his lips. “Ready to dance, Birthday Girl?” He asks just as Castle by Halsey comes on.

“You don’t dance remember?” I smirk

“For you, for the next 24 hours, I’ll do anything.” He smiles, offering his hand; which I gladly accept. “Come on, Princess.” He moves us away from Fenrir, not before shoulder checking him as we pass.

“What as the for?” I ask him once we get far enough away from the happy couple. “You didn’t have to shoulder check him.”

“Normally, I would call your bad feelings paranoia, “Orion starts. “But I think you’re right. Something is off with this guy. He’s even giving me the creeps and I’m the less sensitive one of the two of us. You always pick up on bad vibes before I do.”

“And I can’t exactly tell Danni that I’m getting bad vibes from this guy.” I sigh. “She doesn’t believe in bad vibes and auras, she’s worse than you. You’ll accept my beliefs to an extent; she flat out doesn’t believe me. She’s gonna call this paranoia too.”

“And she’s too blinded by love to even listen to me.” He sighs as well. “The only thing we can do is keep a close eye on this guy. If he gives us proof that he’s a bad guy, then and only then will we go to Danni.”

“I hope he’s a good guy deep down.” I admit. “But right now, I can’t see past his aura and that concerns me.”

“What color is he?”

“Several different colors.” I reply. “Mainly dark red, a little bit of dark forest green and a lot of black.”

“And that’s not good?”

“He’s full of anger, jealousy and unforgiveness.” I affirm. “So no, O, it’s not good.”

“Maybe he has a tortured past.” He offers. “A man with a tortured past can hold on to a ton of negative feelings.”

“Maybe.” I run my fingers through my hair. “But I still don’t like this guy. I don’t trust him. This is more than me not liking what his name means. His name, his aura and his vibe is telling me to get Danni far away from him or else.”

“He can’t bring Ragnarok, Cherry. This isn’t Old Norse mythology.”

“Yea but it doesn’t mean he can’t bring our own personal Ragnarok.” I bite down on my lower lip as we continue to dance as Fenrir’s eyes fall upon us. “I have a horrible feeling about this guy, O.”

“I know Cherry. So do I.”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: When God Comes Back by All Them Witches

comment&subscribe? I plan on working on this a lot from now until Halloween. Hopefully I can do it and not lose ideas that I brewing.