Status: Enjoy! :)

Bulletproof

Waiting

I stared at the black-framed wall clock for the ninth time this hour, scrutinizing the second hand, which seemed to linger an extra minute at every passing second. I took my gaze off of the clock, silently vowing to not look at it once more until absolutely necessary, not long ago I found out my boyfriend Derek Morgan was shot in the line of duty.

He was still in surgery, and I’ve been here waiting for god knows how long. I see people scattered all throughout the room, the clacking of the keys coming from the receptionist and the constant boring commercials from the TV was driving me insane. I wanted to know what was going on with my man right then, not ten minutes, two hours or forty years later.

Derek and I have been dating for at least five years. We met at work through his friend Taylor and the rest was history. Derek is a gentlemen towards me and always makes sure I’m protected. He has been a profiler for the BAU for a long time and sometimes he doesn’t follow the rules or he gets in way over his head.

I heard the door open then I looked seeing the doctor. I quickly got up then walked over to him.

“How is he?” I asked concerned.

“The surgery went well, Derek is in recovery and resting right now.” He told me.

“Can I see him?” I asked.

“Yes, you can.” He said.

We left the waiting room then proceeded down the hallway. I was nervous because I hated seeing him like this. I opened the door to his room then I saw him in the bed sleeping, he looked so peaceful right now. I sat my purse down walking over to him. I kissed his forehead then pulled up the chair next to his bed and laid my head down on the bed.

I was woken up by Garcia coming in and she looked sad.

“How long have you been here?” She asked.

“Since he got in surgery, and I slept for god knows how long here.” I said.

“You’re such a good girlfriend.” She told me.

“I’m going back to sleep.” I replied.

“You need anything?” She asked.

“Nope.” I said.

“The others are on their way.” She told me.

“Okay, how you feeling?” I asked.

“Shook up.” She said.

I got up then wrapped my arms around her.

“He’s going to be fine Garcia, I’ll be here to take care of him honey.” I replied rubbing her back.

“you seem so calm.” She responded.

“Trust me I’m worrying myself right now.” I said.

She laughed then I went back to the chair and went to sleep waiting for Derek to wake up.