Status: Enjoy! :)

Bulletproof

Before: The Petty Arguing

~1 Week Earlier~

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEE-

My alarm is silenced once I slam down on the screen of my phone. I could hear my boyfriend, Derek, chuckling from behind me.

"I told you to change your ringtone, Nessa."

"Shut it." I mumbled into my pillow.

He shook his head, I knew he was smirking at my childish response, but I didn't care. He kissed my head before getting up to go in the shower. I would've joined him, but my bed was way to comfortable for me to move.After about 15 minuted I hear the shower turn off so I throw off my blanket, knowing I had to get ready for work. As I rubbed my eyes I heard the bathroom door open and Clooney, Derek's dog and you could say mine as well, barking happily as he walked through. I looked over and saw he had his jeans on and no shirt.

"Like what you see?" he asked cockily.

I rolled my eyes at my boyfriends antics. "Very much so." I laughed. "Did you save me any hot water?"

"Of course. I, unlike you, only take a short amount of time in the shower."

I don't know why, but my irritation rose. "Unlike you, I actually have hair to wash and shave. Some of us enjoy taking a longer shower."

I grabbed my towel and went into the bathroom, ignoring Derek's, as well as Clooney's confused faces. What was wrong with me? After I finished my shower, I got dressed in a pair of black slacks, a white tank top with a teal blouse over it and my black heeled boots. I quickly towel dried my short brown hair and put some mouse in it to give it a slight curl. My hair only went a little above my shoulder so I didn't have to use a ponytail. After I decided just to do light brown shadow and very little eyeliner and mascara.

"Are you finished in there, Ness?" Derek called from the outside of the bathroom door. "We gotta head out in five minutes. We caught a case."

"Yeah, I'm done."

We drove to work in silence, only because once I had got out of the bathroom I bumped into Derek causing him to spill peanut butter and jelly toast all over my clean outfit. Clooney happily ate it up, but I yelled at Derek for not watching where he was going, even though it was my fault. I don't know why I did it, but I just did. I changed my shirt into a red v-neck long sleeve and we headed out. We didn't really talk once we got to the BAU we went to our desks and then into the meeting room.

It was a simple case, kids being kidnapped by a babysitter, and we finished in only two days. Derick and I still didn't really talk, but we argued over every little thing, well, I did and he argued right back at me. I don't know why my mood swings have been this bad lately and I feel bad, but I cant help it. Once we got home Derek just tossed his bag onto the ground and sat on the couch.

"Do you really have to leave your bag on the floor?"

He just looked at me. "Can we not do this now? I'm tired from the flight."

"Well so am I and I don't want to have to clean up your mess!"

"My mess? I put my bag on the floor, how is that considered a mess?"

"Nevermind!" I picked up the bag, but Derek stopped me.

"What has been the matter with you lately?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This!" he gestured to me. "These damn mood swings these past couple days have been giving me whiplash. Is it something I've done?"

"I dont know why I'm like this I just am!"

"Whatever your frustrated with talk to me instead of taking your anger out on me! First it was the shower thing, then the toast, which I get since it spilled all over you, but you ran into me. The when we got to the hotel in Illinois you got mad because my overnight bag 'looked like a caveman packed it'."

"It's not that hard to pack a damn bag!"

He threw his hands up in the air. "And here we go again! I'm sorry, okay? For whatever I have done to cause this, I'm sorry."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "No, I'm sorry. I... I dont know what's wrong with me, okay? I just have a short fuse these past few days and... I apologize for taking it out on you..."

He held me in his arms and kissed my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said with my face pressed into the crook of his neck.

~Present Time-Hospital~

Derek still hadn't woken up, it was three days later. I was worried, but the doctor said it was just his bodies way of recovering. JJ, Emily and Penelope have taken turned coming to the hospital, making sure Derek's okay and making sure I eat, sleep, and shower, at least once in the past few days. The doctor said he'll wake up any day now, and I hope they're right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is chapter 2! -trixter15