Status: Enjoy! :)

Bulletproof

Back In Loving Arms Tonight

DEREK

"Morgan..." I faintly heard. "Morgan..." a little louder. "DEREK!"

I was pulled from my thoughts, physically jumping when I heard Pretty Boy yell my name.

"What?"

"I asked if you were hungry? You haven't eaten since before you were shot."

I shook my head. "I'm not hungry, kid."

He gave me a look. "Fine then. If you wont eat, then maybe I'll just tell Garcia-"

"I'll eat!" damn kid bringing Penelope into this.

He smiled triumphantly and went out into the hall to ask a nurse to bring me something. I hate hospital food. It's so bland and crumbles away. I glanced at the files on the little table beside my bed and, as carefully as I could, grabbed them and began to read them. I had to do something. Maybe Vanessa did tell me something and I just forgot, which did cause a few arguments.

These files had everything on Vanessa. Old schools. Homes from Miami and Quantico. Family. Friends. Myself included. She worked at a bar while she was in college? Oh that's right, Miss Independent wanted to pay her own way through school. Then she got a job in the FBI first as an assistant, then a field worker, then she tranfered into the BAU. All of these things I had already known, but why didnt I remember a guy named Justin? Wait...

FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO

Vanessa and I were watching a movie, well were, things began to get heated. Once my hand slid up her shirt slowly she froze, pulling away. Did I do something wrong?

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

She was breathing heavy, her eyes closed.

"I-I'm fine...

I knew she wasn't. I could tell by her body language. Something happened to her, and she didn't want to tell me about it now, that was fine. I just pulled her into my chest and held her there.

"You don't have to tell me about it if you're not ready."

"Thank you." she whispered.

FLASHBACK 2 YEARS AGO

We were at the hotel, having just finished a case. We decided on staying overnight, well we didn't actually have a choice in the matter since there was a giant storm happening outside. Vanessa and I laid in bed, watching whatever shitty television show was on when she spoke up.

"Remember when you said I could tell you when I'm ready?"

It took me a second before I remember what happened a year prior. I nodded.

She took a deep breath. "Before I came to Quantico, I was dating this guy. Everything was great until he slowly began to change into a monster. He wasnt himself. One night he attacked me. He pleaded with the judge and sucked up to the jury, saying it was all a case of a mental breakdown. He pleaded insanity and got sent into a mental hospital outside of Miami. His name was Jacob Locke and-"

PRESENT- DEREK

My eyes widened. As soon as I remembered that name, I struggled to reach the hospital phone. I almost fell out of bed until Spencer came back in.

SPENCER

As soon as I came back into the room I saw DerEk reaching for the hospital phone, almost falling out of the bed.

"What do you think you're doing? Are you trying to open up your stitches?"

"Now is not the time for a lecture, Pretty Boy." he said through gritted teeth. That's what he gets for being an idiot. "I need you to call Garcia and tell her to look up a man named Jacob Locke."

I was about to dial when an unknown number called me. "Hello?"

“Pretty boy locate the house 589 it’s across the street from me." It was Vanessa. "Please tell Derek I love him and please Spencer track this I don’t have much time Jacob Lock has gone pyscho and…." I heard a loud thud followed by some profanities from a male.

"Vanessa? Vanessa?!"

"Vanessa?" Derek asked.

I ignored his pleas for the phone as I called Garcia.

"Yes, my dove?"

"I need you to look up someone by the name of Jacob Locke. See if he has any properties with a house number 589 across the street from him."

I could hear the frantic clicking of keys before a ping came up. "Uh, Jacob Locke, age 34, blonde hair, brown eyes. Checked out of Miami Mental Ward a year ago. Moved to Quantico six months ago. Lives on 586 Elm Grove."

"Call Hotch. I'm on my way."

"I'm coming with you."

"No, you're staying here." I tried to tell him as he struggled to sit up.

"This aint a negotiation, kid."

I sighed, rubbing a hand over my face. "Fine, but you're staying in the car."

DEREK

I am never letting Spencer drive again. I thought I was about to toss my cookies several times as he raced around the corners so fast a race car driver would be proud. We pulled up to a house, he was the first one out, I was still in pain and couldnt move that fast and as soon as I got the car door open, I had an officer in front of me blocking my way out. Damn you, kid.

It felt like a life time until I saw my girl come out on the stretcher. Her face bruised and bloodied, it made my blood boil. I bit through the pain, pushing past the officer. As he called out to me, I ran to her, probably pulling a few stitches.

"Hey, beautiful." I said as I reached her.

"Derek? Am I dead? I better be otherwise I'm going to kick your ass for leaving the hospital."

Just got rescued and still has a sense of humor. I chuckled and carefully kissed her head. "I'm here. You can kick my ass later, okay? Let's get you to the hospital."

The paramedics pulled her up into the truck, myself following right behind. I held her hand as the woman gave her an IV for the pain.

"Dont worry, Miss, this medication isnt harmful for the baby."

"Baby?" I asked.

"Surprise?" she laughed lightly, before groaning in pain.

"How long have you known?"

"A week. I got a test. It was positive."

"Is the baby going to be okay?" I asked the female paramedic, who smiled at me.

"We'll make sure at the hospital, but her abdomen isnt swelled or doesnt feel like it has internal bleeding. We'll take an ultrasound to be sure once we get her all fixed up. Okay?"

"Thank you." Vanessa told the lady, her eyes becoming heavy.

"Sleep, baby girl. I'll be here when you wake up. I love you."

"Love... you too..." she said before finally falling asleep.

I placed my hand gently on her stomach, rubbing it lightly with my thumb, "Both of you..." I whispered before we made it to the hosptial. She was taken in for some tests and I was reprimanded by the doctor, Hotch, Rossi, and Garcia for leaving without authorization. I didnt care, all I could think about was my girlfriend, and my unborn child. I was put back into a damned hospital bed, and when Vanessa was done she would be in the same room as myself. A dad... wow...
♠ ♠ ♠
-trixter15