When I Said I Love You, I Never Meant It

Guess What

Some people want to run away when they're in love.

Others keep a slight distance, running away if the gap threatens to close.

And yet others get very close until they know the person better than themselves. It's like they become the other person's other half, without the love. This is a very sad way to be and it's how I was.

All that week, I hung out with Frank. He needed comforting because of his breakup. So I was there, with the ice cream, slasher movies and comforting words.

I was there for the long walks around the neighborhood, the midnight take out meals and pulling Frank outta bed each morning when he refused to get up and face the day.

All that time, I tried to show him my best side. I spent an hour getting ready before I went anywhere with him, I laughed, smiled, made jokes, flirted and supported him as best I could.

Still, nothing happened.

I was expecting fireworks, bombs, something.

I was expecting love.

Months went by.

Frank and I became even closer. But we were still only friends.

Then, he dropped the bomb. "Guess what?" he said one day during school. "I like someone."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is short. Don't have much time one the computer today! Hope you like it! ♥