Relgimi

Prolouge: Tafiafir [Meeting]

It wasn't the fact that there was a wolf standing, teeth bared, right in front of Senshi. It wasn't the fact that his sword had been knocked out of his hand by the wolf (rather gently). It was, actually, the aura, the dominance of the wolf, the kind of spirit that said 'I am the alpha of everything'. The sheer authority released by the wolf made Senshi tremble. It became that way the moment the wolf came into view, and it was why Senshi found himself rendered useless against the wolf, not that he wanted to fight it. All he had wanted was to practice his sword fighting alone, and the forest was the only place near school grounds to do so. It had only been ten minutes into training when the wolf appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, like a ghost. By then Senshi's brown choppy short hair was plastered to his head and sweat rolled down his forehead from attacking trees nonstop.

Taking a deep breath, Senshi crouched down low by his sword. The wolf, a red-brown coated animal of nature, eyed him with wary blue almond eyes. Senshi could sense the wolf did not want to attack, which only puzzled him more. He had never seen a wolf like this one before though he had seen wolves before. Its red-brown pelt wasn't exactly course but was not thin either. The wolf was thin but not enough to show bones. Its eyes were a dark, fierce blue tinted with streaks of gold, and Senshi thought there was something odd about the wolf's eyes, or eye, but he never got a long enough glance to see. With slow movements, Senshi put his hand on the sword eyeing the wolf from time to time; it never moved. The wolf's eyes watched as Senshi picked the sword up. It never made a move to attack Senshi, which both relieved and frightened him. Senshi stood on the hard earth of the forest floor, the tall trees shading animals from the heat of the high point in the day.

Finally the wolf made a move. It raised its head to full height as if to challenge Senshi. For a long moment the wolf stared at Senshi and he in return didn't look at the wolf. Senshi glanced around the forest looking for a trail, a path to follow, to escape. A feeling of dread hung around Senshi as he turned to face the wolf. It took a tentative step forward, its paws making no sound as it landed. Its expressive eyes, now cold, sent a clear message: Get out. For a moment, Senshi was surprised how communicative a wolf's eyes could be. Emitting a low throaty growl, the wolf put another paw forward, head lowered to zoom in on its prey of choice: Senshi.

Senshi felt his heart beating wildly, his breath quick and shallow. He took a slow step back. He should have never left school grounds to practice sword techniques. Senshi had never been afraid of wolvers nor any wildlife. He left them alone, he knew the danger. Senshi did not think, however, a wolf would be in a forest so close to a school. The wolf put a paw forward, its advance slow as a snail. Briefly Senshi reasoned and gave the benefit of doubt that the wolf was giving him time to escape before it went mad and rushed to kill. The wolf put another paw forward, now in the same position as before. Senshi's senses told him to run, to forget once he left the forest. He took another breath, slow as the wolf once again began to stalk forward, slightly faster in time; all the while, the wolves' blue eyes, seemingly unblinking, seemed to say: Get out. Senshi kept glancing away from the wolf while walking backward.

The wolf growled again, and the way it rebounded off the forest trees, it reminded Senshi of nails on a chalkboard and he flinched. The dominance of the wolf, the aura of power, remained about the wolf like fog, concealing the wolf's true identity. Slowly, the wolf shook its head as if its neck ached. Senshi resumed walking backward, now keeping his eyes on the wolf. It seemed to glare at Senshi, its blue crystal eyes focused on him. Senshi paused in moving backward to stare in astonishment and amazement at the wolf. Its left eye, though focused, had a pale scar across the middle. At first Senshi though the wolf was blind, but a sense told him the wolf could still see. The wolf took a sudden jump forward, a pure ten feet, landing right in front of Senshi. Reflexively Senshi swung out his sword, inreflexively shouting; he learned from school not to yell or shout.
The wolf snarled at the sound, fur rising and bristling. Its blue eyes widened and Senshi stared at the left eye- he knew it was impolite to stare at anything, yet did- and a distant fairytale snapped in the back of his mind, before he finally turned and ran through the bushes and trees, ignoring the branches that whipped his face. One thought was circling his mind like a vulture. He had seen one of the legendary wolves, one of the elemental, legendary wolves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Prolouge to an idea I had way back when (around maybe 5-6 years ago?) I was trying to think of an idea for a story. I'll continue if I get positive feedback on this story :)