Irretrievable

Chapter 2

The Volt was probably the worst bar known to man. But the alcohol was cheap and they weren’t all that round up if you trashed their bar. The bands were almost always shit but all the kids knew how to make it a good show. Punks in Minneapolis were hard to come by, punks other than “stick up their ass white men” were hard to come by. Being a dickless Hispanic punk who enjoys G.L.O.S.S more than Agent Orange it was hard to come by friends. So imagine my surprise when halfway through Acid Shark’s set I managed to strike up a conversation with the bartender about Bleed The Pigs.
“Hey, I have a break in about 15 minutes. I was gonna go outside and have a quick smoke you in?” He gave me a lopsided grin. Without a hesitation I agreed I wasn’t about to pass up a chance to talk to someone other than Lizzie, especially if that someone had a resemblance to a Greek god. I pulled out the fake ID liz had given me a short time ago.
“Can I get a shot of Daniels?” I flashed him the ID before he quickly swiped it from my fingers.
“Tony perry, 22, 5,10” he looked me up and down before laughing “5'10 my ass” he smiled amusement glinting in his eyes.
“I never did tell you my name huh? I’m Mike, Mike Fuentes” he extended his hand. A moment of panic washed over me before I discreetly wiped my hand on my shirt before returning the handshake. As much as I knew Mike was just like everyone else, I was so afraid I was about to seem like a bigger dweeb in front of someone cooler than me. He dropped the rag on the counter turning around to greet the replacement bartender.
“Come on, I want to get to know you better” Mike grabbed onto my hand pulling me through the crowd of punks. He pulled a cigarette out setting it between his thin lips, patting his pockets in confusion.
“Hey” his raspy voice pulled me from my thought about the beauty in front of me “you happen to have a lighter” I shook my head slowly, I didn’t smoke much not enough to carry a lighter around. He looked around before catching sight of a angry looking teenager burning a nail. He strode over leaning down to talk to the kid. Not more than thirty seconds later he looked back a now lit cigarette dangling from his lips. He turned back saying a quick thanks with some elaborate looking handshake. Walking back to stand next to me he offered a drag. I didn’t want to be decline I really didn’t want to fuck this up, being the socially awkward person I was I took a small drag attempting to blow the smoke out in the least classy way.
“So Tony, what you do for work?”
I was going to tell him I really was it was two sentences. Oh I’m only seventeen. I don’t work, I plan on being and artist. But of course because someone somewhere was looking to fuck me over what really came out was.
“I’m a freelance artist, I do commissions” I panicked but it was too late to fix it, if I said that i'd lied five seconds after that would be the end and we would never speak again. So I let Mike talk about how cool he thought that was and how he’d like to see my work some time. Stubbing out his cigarette he pulled out a small phone.
“Ah fuck, I gotta go work. You gotta number” if never noticed but he had a slight accent I couldn't place from where though. He passed the phone over a blank contact greeting me. Without a second thought I entered my number saving the number under Tony 5'10. He smiled down at the contact. “Catch ya round Tony 5'10. Letting the door close behind him.