Waking The Dead Out Of The Living

Wake Up

Charlotte starred at the back of Seth’s head intently, as if trying to see through his black hair.
The teacher’s voice was muffled in the background, explaining something about math that Charlotte didn’t much care about.
She wasn’t sure what she was trying to do at the moment, but this feeling just suddenly came to her and she found herself concentrating hard.
Very hard, almost until her brain hurt.
Her heart jumped as Seth hesitantly turned around, and looked at her strangely.
His dark brown eyes suddenly drooped and he fell off of his chair and onto the ground.
The teacher’s words stopped imediately; instead, loud gasps came from all of the students.
“What happened?” Mr. Davis asked, blue eyes wide as he jogged to Seth’s side.
Charlotte’s hands were shaking severely as she looked around. She could feel her heart thumping in her ears, squeezing her brain.
What on earth did I just do, she thought, wanting to just run out of the classroom.
Lila, who sat beside her, looked down at her hands, her own mask of fear planted on her face.
Charlotte knew Lila had mistaken her shaking hands from fear for her best-friend.
But that wasn't all that she was scarred of.
Is this my fault, she thought, almost on the verge of tears.
Mr. Davis was yelling things that Charlotte couldn’t quite comprehend, but she saw one of the other students run to the class phone, probably to call for help.
He was tapping Seth’s face softly, at the same time saying things like, “Wake up, Seth, wake up!”
His unconscious face was paper-white, and Charlotte’s eyes suddenly started to wet.
She got off of her chair quickly and fell to her knees beside Seth. She started to shake his arms and rub his face.
“Come on, wake up!” She yelled.
“Go back to your seat, Charlotte.” Mr. Davis said urgently.
She didn’t listen to him, instead, kept on shaking Seth’s arms.
“Go back to your seat!” He yelled again.
Charlotte’s head snapped up and glared at Mr. Davis, who caught her eye with his. They quickly covered in terror, much worse than what Charlotte was feeling at the moment.
Then he looked away, shaking his head slightly as if to clear something from his mind.
“Someone take her away!” Mr. Davis yelled again.
A pair of hands grabbed Charlotte from behind and dragged her to the other side of the class.
She squirmed slightly, but other than that, she didn’t want to cause any more trouble.
She was sat onto a chair, and Devon Sullivan came from behind her and kneeled in front of her, looking her straight in the eyes.
“Charlotte, he’s dead, didn’t you see his face?”
His words rang in her ears, loud and clear. Her lip started to tremble as the world blurred.
What did I do?
That was her last thought before she fell off the chair and onto the floor, wishing she was dead too.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short. But, if you like it and want more, tell me and i'll make the upcoming chapters longer.