Waking The Dead Out Of The Living

So Intoxicating

Charlotte turned around and took Seth’s hand in hers. She put her finger where there was supposed to be a pulse and held out her own wrist for him to feel.
“Feel the difference.” She told him.
He brought his cold hand onto her pulse, were a mild thump was felt. Then, he put his finger on his own wrist, and felt nothing.
“If you would have turned me into one, I wouldn’t have a pulse.” She told him slightly hesitantly; worried that she might hurt his feelings.
But, instead, he smiled knowingly and nodded.
Then, his fingers started to brush the smooth, translucent skin on her wrist gently.
Charlotte felt a shiver trail down her neck and her pulse started to thump faster.
“You know, I’m not thirsty right now, but when I am, I can actually hear your heart beat and smell your blood.” He told her, looking down at her wrist. “It’s amazing, really. The smell and the sound of it is so… so rich, so rare, even if it’s so common. When you’re a vampire, blood feels like the most precious thing. And it’s so delicious, Charlotte. Better than any human food I had ever tasted in my whole entire life. When I drink it, when I drank your blood, it felt like I was drinking bliss. It was so…so intoxicating.”
His fingers were still brushing her wrist gently, and Charlotte couldn’t take her eyes off of his lips while he said those words, and she couldn’t help but notice how he was smiling the whole time he spoke.
It felt as if he was hypnotizing her with his words, the way he said them, so calm, so slow and so smooth.
So intoxicating.
He stopped speaking, and then his eyes trailed back to her face.
Charlotte was about ready to lean in and kiss him without warning, but then he let go of her wrist and took a small step back.
“I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I probably shouldn’t have said that. You’re probably all freaked out now, aren’t you?”
Slowly, Charlotte shook her head.
“No, no, I’m not freaked out. Not at all, that was actually, it was actually very… interesting.”
Seth sighed and shook his head, a playful smile dancing on his lips.
“So, what are we going to do on a Sunday morning?” He asked.
Charlotte shrugged.
“Before we do anything, I think I should just go wash my neck.” She said and walked to her door. “Lock it.” She reminded him.
He nodded and closed the door behind her.
Quickly, Charlotte sprinted to the bathroom so her mother wouldn’t catch her, and locked the door behind her, again.
Rinsing off the blood, the water turned orange and she immediately thought of just yesterday when she was washing the dirt of her hands, turning the water brown instead.
Then she thought of how depressed she felt, knowing Seth was dead and that she had killed him. Thinking of how she would never see him ever again until she dies herself, wishing she was dead also.
But it turns out he’s not so dead after all.
Well, he’s dead, but living.
Living dead, she thought.
Immortal.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Pleaseeee comment! I'd really like to know what you think of my story! Do you like, do you hate it? Come on, comment already!